Johnny Rockets?

GranysT

Kind of enjoy JRs . . . except on Quantum class.  On Anthem [assume typical of all Q class ships] it's an outdoor walk up with no table service and no dancing.  Plus they managed to screw up both of our orders.  Got a refund and went on to the Windjammer which is adjacent.  Often heard folks say why pay extra for what you can get free elsewhere. On Anthem that's exactly true with possible exception of shakes which I don't order anyway.

38 minutes ago, mjldvlks said:

Kind of enjoy JRs . . . except on Quantum class.  On Anthem [assume typical of all Q class ships] it's an outdoor walk up with no table service and no dancing.  Plus they managed to screw up both of our orders.  Got a refund and went on to the Windjammer which is adjacent.  Often heard folks say why pay extra for what you can get free elsewhere. On Anthem that's exactly true with possible exception of shakes which I don't order anyway.

Feel free to dance.

I would applaud. 

😁

12 hours ago, mjldvlks said:

We must have walked past it dozens of times and did not notice it...did not even go for our BOGO Shake offer, so that shows you how it was 'upper most on our mind'.  When we have been on Oasis class ships we would always do a breakfast there.  On our very first cruise, Navigator, we had lunch there and it was awful for us.  So that we would never do again. I do like their shakes however.

I should probably know this, so I apologize in advance.  DH and I will be sailing in 2020 (the first time since 2017).  We will be on Allure (only our 2nd Oasis-class ship) and have pulled out the stops with both unlimited dining and deluxe beverage packages.  The question is...if dining at JR (lunch/dinner...something other than breakfast), will the additional fees waived?

4 hours ago, EDiamond22 said:

thats pretty standard pricing here in NY lol 

I agree. I haven’t been to one in years. I happened to be in a mall that had one and after reading so much about it I decided to go and check it out. It has declined since the last time I was there. I could have had a better burger and better experience elsewhere especially here on Long Island. We never tried JR on Anthem. I don’t find the need to buy a burger and fries on a cruise ship and after my latest experience at a land based one you couldn’t pay me to eat there again. I just don’t understand the big draw on Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Iamcruzin

17 hours ago, SuzD123 said:

I should probably know this, so I apologize in advance.  DH and I will be sailing in 2020 (the first time since 2017).  We will be on Allure (only our 2nd Oasis-class ship) and have pulled out the stops with both unlimited dining and deluxe beverage packages.  The question is...if dining at JR (lunch/dinner...something other than breakfast), will the additional fees waived?

When we were on the Symphony this past April, we had the unlimited dining package- lunch at JR was included on Sea days and dinner was included- so no additional charge

I had the boardwalk balcony on the oasis in 2018, that room came with a free dinner at JR that's the only reason we event went there. was my one and only time dinning at a non included restaurant throughout my 13 cruises. never visited a JR on land but i will say i did enjoy that burger. around here unless your going to a fast food restaurant, a burger will run you 10-18 dollars. 

2 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

Wait...so let me be clear...

It is $12.95 and you order anything? or is it $12.95 for Burger and Fries Only? 

I will be on Adventurer in a couple of weeks...so...any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

The $12.95 covers unlimited food items for one person, including desserts and soda.  However it does not cover milkshakes.

• Like 1