My Time Dining Questions

This will be our first time on RCI since the reservation system started for MTD and I have a couple of questions.

Can anyone share their experiences with My Time Dining wait times in the MDR if you don't make reservations, but just show up? We'll be on the Liberty OTS, if that helps. 

We will be cruising with another couple, but we booked our cruises separately. They have MTD, too. How do we make sure we can dine together on the nights we all want to eat together in the MDR (we'll be doing specialty restaurants on some nights)?

2 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

This will be our first time on RCI since the reservation system started for MTD and I have a couple of questions.

Can anyone share their experiences with My Time Dining wait times in the MDR if you don't make reservations, but just show up? We'll be on the Liberty OTS, if that helps. 

We will be cruising with another couple, but we booked our cruises separately. They have MTD, too. How do we make sure we can dine together on the nights we all want to eat together in the MDR (we'll be doing specialty restaurants on some nights)?

Since you don't plan on making reservations just show up at the same time with your friends and request a table for four. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

I do MTD every cruise. Link your reservations & make reservations for each night when you think you’ll want to eat.  If you don’t show up your table will go to someone else.  Also, just because you have a reservation at 7:00 you can still go at a different time. Hope this makes sense.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phillychick said:

I do MTD every cruise. Link your reservations & make reservations for each night when you think you’ll want to eat.  If you don’t show up your table will go to someone else.  Also, just because you have a reservation at 7:00 you can still go at a different time. Hope this makes sense.  

Thanks, that helps. I wasn't aware that we could link to someone else's reservation.

If you all just "show up" together, you will be seated together in MTD.  You can make reservations, but you don't have to.  You really don't need to LINK for MTD.  You are seated just like in any land-based restaurant....the party you arrive with is who you are seated with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillychick said:

Although if make a reservation and  later you know you won’t make it - as a courtesy to other cruisers -  it’s appreciated if you call to cancel so a table is not held for you and delays other waiting passengers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

If you all just "show up" together, you will be seated together in MTD.  You can make reservations, but you don't have to.  You really don't need to LINK for MTD.  You are seated just like in any land-based restaurant....the party you arrive with is who you are seated with.

I like to link reservations because you can make reservation for everyone in your group not only dinner but for shows, excursions, etc.   

• 2 weeks later...

Separate dining question: We are on the Adventure over Christmas (4 of us) and are currently signed up for Traditional dining, early seating. If we are running late (several late departure ports),  can we show up for MTD or is the Buffet our only other option. Sorry, but we’ve never done MTD before, so not sure how it works.

6 hours ago, wvdeedee said:

Separate dining question: We are on the Adventure over Christmas (4 of us) and are currently signed up for Traditional dining, early seating. If we are running late (several late departure ports),  can we show up for MTD or is the Buffet our only other option. Sorry, but we’ve never done MTD before, so not sure how it works.

My understanding if you didn't sign up for MyTime you can't use it but you can always go over & ask to see if they can accommodate you.  

6 hours ago, wvdeedee said:

Buffet or specialy restaurant would be your only options.

If you want the ability to show up whenever you like, try to switch to MTD.