Recent lead times for SB guarantee suite allocation?

Isklaar

56 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

We are 15 days out and have an OB, and I really must stop checking the SB site!

We have never done OB before, we always choose our suite, but this was a bit last minute, it was an 'extra' cruise so we thought we'd try it.   And the saving was quite a bit.

When you find out which suite it is, do you bother to write it on your luggage tags? 

We also join Sojourn on the 10th, Mauzac. I am not permitting myself to look at the site until 10 days before (so Sunday 😉) However if your allocation comes up before then, do feel free to share the news with me so I will then check ours!

We're actually on for 25 days which is by far the longest cruise I've taken on an guarantee. Because of the length of it (cruise has been sold as two separate cruises but ours is not a B2B it's all one booking)  I'm expecting that our allocation this time may not be quite as good as we've had previously but really I don't mind where they put me! 

As for the luggage tag, I have written it on previously but usually I just leave it up to the port agent to sort it  out when I check in.

Getting very excited now but it definitely becomes more real when the suite number appears!

2 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

Getting very excited now but it definitely becomes more real when the suite number appears!

Exactly!  (I really must step away from the computer, but will share when I hear anything!)  🙂

• Like 1

So I just went to our booking to check our TK reservations and I see that we have a suite allocation.

Unfortunately I can't answer my own question about lead times as I don't know when the suite number appeared! We sail in exactly two weeks.

We have a V5 on deck 6, very pleased with the suite as we like deck 6 and frequently book it,  but as I've said previously Seabourn did change an allocation of ours once before so it's possible it could change. 

Edited by Isklaar

9 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

So I just went to our booking to check our TK reservations and I see that we have a suite allocation.

Unfortunately I can't answer my own question about lead times as I don't know when the suite number appeared! We sail in exactly two weeks.

We have a V5 on deck 6, very pleased with the suite as we like deck 6 and frequently book it,  but as I've said previously Seabourn did change an allocation of ours once before so it's possible it could change. 

I received an e-mail this morning from our TA with a suite assignment.  We too are a V5 on deck 6.  See you on board.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, alithecat said:

I just checked. We are on the same cruise. 14 days. Still says Suite: OB!

28 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

Ditto!  

Well the upgrade fairy is being very kind this time.

I've just heard from one set of friends who have a v6 on deck 8.

Our other friends haven't an allocation yet.

Hope yours both come through soon, it does feel real now!

37 minutes ago, uk69cruiser said:

We are saling 10 December on Sojourn and got ours yesterday and we do not have to move suite ( we are on three cruises back to back ). Our prime requirement was not having to move suite.

Great!  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mauzac said:

I can only imagine they are deliberating whether we should get the owners suite or a penthouse suite and can't make their minds up which is why we haven't heard 😁

The other couple we're sailing with still don't have theirs . So perhaps SB is trying to choose who gets which of those! 😉

• Like 1

Recently returned from Nov 16-28 sailing of the Caribbean.  Received our cabin number two weeks from sailing.  First time Seabourn sailors, we were assigned suite 529.  At first I was a little disappointed, however, we actually loved this cabin.  Close to the laundry, the Club and was closer to center of the ship (midship and a lower floor - for sailing stability).  Would get that cabin again in a heartbeat!  Thanks Seabourn for the perfect selection for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, socagirl1 said:

Recently returned from Nov 16-28 sailing of the Caribbean.  Received our cabin number two weeks from sailing.  First time Seabourn sailors, we were assigned suite 529.  At first I was a little disappointed, however, we actually loved this cabin.  Close to the laundry, the Club and was closer to center of the ship (midship and a lower floor - for sailing stability).  Would get that cabin again in a heartbeat!  Thanks Seabourn for the perfect selection for us.

We've been in 514 and 516 and I totally agree, it is a great location.  Dead easy for the laundry and not far to walk far too late in high heels from the Club!  

• Like 1

We were to sail out of Singapore 27 Nov 19 our OB was allocated 14 days prior. The earliest we have experienced Encore 627.. Unfortunately had to cancel 7 days prior due to injuries from accident. Med' cruises suite allocation oftentimes 3 to 6 days. The saving grace is all suites are good on Seabourn ships.

• Like 1