Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Isklaar

Recent lead times for SB guarantee suite allocation?

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

We are 15 days out and have an OB, and I really must stop checking the SB site!

 

We have never done OB before, we always choose our suite, but this was a bit last minute, it was an 'extra' cruise so we thought we'd try it.   And the saving was quite a bit.

 

When you find out which suite it is, do you bother to write it on your luggage tags? 

 

We also join Sojourn on the 10th, Mauzac. I am not permitting myself to look at the site until 10 days before (so Sunday 😉) However if your allocation comes up before then, do feel free to share the news with me so I will then check ours!

 

We're actually on for 25 days which is by far the longest cruise I've taken on an guarantee. Because of the length of it (cruise has been sold as two separate cruises but ours is not a B2B it's all one booking)  I'm expecting that our allocation this time may not be quite as good as we've had previously but really I don't mind where they put me! 

 

As for the luggage tag, I have written it on previously but usually I just leave it up to the port agent to sort it  out when I check in.

 

Getting very excited now but it definitely becomes more real when the suite number appears!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

 

 

 

Getting very excited now but it definitely becomes more real when the suite number appears!

 

 

 

Exactly!  (I really must step away from the computer, but will share when I hear anything!)  🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 10 days out, and obsessed with checking for my room number! I'm like a kid at Christmas. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was assigned my GTY for my current cruise about a week ahead of the embarkation date.  It seems that I've done something to anger the upgrade fairy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just went to our booking to check our TK reservations and I see that we have a suite allocation.

Unfortunately I can't answer my own question about lead times as I don't know when the suite number appeared! We sail in exactly two weeks.

 

We have a V5 on deck 6, very pleased with the suite as we like deck 6 and frequently book it,  but as I've said previously Seabourn did change an allocation of ours once before so it's possible it could change. 

Edited by Isklaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

So I just went to our booking to check our TK reservations and I see that we have a suite allocation.

Unfortunately I can't answer my own question about lead times as I don't know when the suite number appeared! We sail in exactly two weeks.

 

We have a V5 on deck 6, very pleased with the suite as we like deck 6 and frequently book it,  but as I've said previously Seabourn did change an allocation of ours once before so it's possible it could change. 

I received an e-mail this morning from our TA with a suite assignment.  We too are a V5 on deck 6.  See you on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alithecat said:

I just checked. We are on the same cruise. 14 days. Still says Suite: OB!

 

Ditto!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, alithecat said:

I just checked. We are on the same cruise. 14 days. Still says Suite: OB!

 

28 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

 

Ditto!  


 

Well the upgrade fairy is being very kind this time.

 I've just heard from one set of friends who have a v6 on deck 8.

Our other friends haven't an allocation yet.
 

Hope yours both come through soon, it does feel real now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are saling 10 December on Sojourn and got ours yesterday and we do not have to move suite ( we are on three cruises back to back ). Our prime requirement was not having to move suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, uk69cruiser said:

We are saling 10 December on Sojourn and got ours yesterday and we do not have to move suite ( we are on three cruises back to back ). Our prime requirement was not having to move suite.

Great!  Enjoy your cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yeah!!! said:

On Odyssey for Dec 7th - booked OB, received V4 today (Nov 27th).


Have a great cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, w.w.voyager said:

We are sailing 10 December on Sojourn and got ours Monday V6 on deck 7 midship.

 

Very delighted! 🥂

 

 

 

See you on board!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only imagine they are deliberating whether we should get the owners suite or a penthouse suite and can't make their minds up which is why we haven't heard 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mauzac said:

I can only imagine they are deliberating whether we should get the owners suite or a penthouse suite and can't make their minds up which is why we haven't heard 😁


 

The other couple we're sailing with still don't have theirs . So perhaps SB is trying to choose who gets which of those! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently returned from Nov 16-28 sailing of the Caribbean.  Received our cabin number two weeks from sailing.  First time Seabourn sailors, we were assigned suite 529.  At first I was a little disappointed, however, we actually loved this cabin.  Close to the laundry, the Club and was closer to center of the ship (midship and a lower floor - for sailing stability).  Would get that cabin again in a heartbeat!  Thanks Seabourn for the perfect selection for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, socagirl1 said:

Recently returned from Nov 16-28 sailing of the Caribbean.  Received our cabin number two weeks from sailing.  First time Seabourn sailors, we were assigned suite 529.  At first I was a little disappointed, however, we actually loved this cabin.  Close to the laundry, the Club and was closer to center of the ship (midship and a lower floor - for sailing stability).  Would get that cabin again in a heartbeat!  Thanks Seabourn for the perfect selection for us.

 

We've been in 514 and 516 and I totally agree, it is a great location.  Dead easy for the laundry and not far to walk far too late in high heels from the Club!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the December 14 Odyssey and we received our cabin assignment (V1) at noon today. So, for us, it was roughly 2 weeks prior for the assignment. Jdk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were to sail out of Singapore 27 Nov 19 our OB was allocated 14 days prior. The earliest we have experienced Encore 627.. Unfortunately had to cancel 7 days prior due to injuries from accident. Med' cruises suite allocation oftentimes 3 to 6 days. The saving grace is all suites are good on Seabourn ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We play the Gty game regularly , at the end of the day particularly on the Encore or Ovation there really aren't any bad rooms .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...