Expedited arrival

Nw1030

I registered on the app but our boarding passes didn’t show expedited. We went through anyway, (really because we didn’t know what we were doing). We were in our cabin, which was ready for us, by 11.35 after getting out of our cab 30 mins earlier. Brilliant. 

36 minutes ago, Nw1030 said:

How is it assigned.  Registered on app 20 days in advance of last trip and had it.   Skipped all lines and went right in a side door.   Today registered 88 days in advance and didn’t get.  

Typically, expedited arrival is assigned to those sailing in a suite and to those who are Zenith members in Captain's Club...  If you are in either of those categories, inquire when contacted by a Shoreside Concierge when contacted several weeks prior to you embarkation...

On 11/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, Xport said:

Typically, expedited arrival is assigned to those sailing in a suite and to those who are Zenith members in Captain's Club...  If you are in either of those categories, inquire when contacted by a Shoreside Concierge when contacted several weeks prior to you embarkation...

I am none of those for my Feb Edge cruise - 1st time X cruiser though Select because of RCCL status, and I’m in a solo IV cabin - but my express pass shows Expedited Arrival. Shocked me to see it!

'Expedited Arrival' = have completed all check-in requirements (including photo) online.

This isn't the same thing as the arrival process for the top suites, it is just a line for those who just have to show ID and board...

6 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

Are they happy with any reasonable photos or are there specific criteria for acceptance?

If you use the app then it guides you through taking a photo of the correct size, not sure how it works when you upload a photo on the web....

The aim is to fill the frame mostly with head and the top of the shoulders only, this is about facial recognition mostly.

For our October cruise we did not receive Expedited Arrival... It really didn't matter.   We got out of the shuttle at 10:45 and were on the ship at 11:10.  I think the thing that took the longest was the walk thru the terminal!

Our pictures were fine, they did not need to retake... The line was about 5 minutes long, and they just looked over our documents and we went right thru to board.

Hoping it is the same for our cruise in March.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:46 PM, Xport said:

Nope, it simply means that you completed all the necessary information and uploaded a photo... 
Nothing to do with status or stateroom category.

• Like 1

They didn't like the photos I uploaded but only took a minute for them to retake.

The on line or app check in can be done 90 days out, at least in the US, and your express pass will be available once the check in process is completed.  The E-docs are usually available about 7 weeks out.

I don't know how much more expedited embarkation can be.  We arrived about 11:15, and hadn't uploaded photos.  There was maybe one couple ahead of us.  The Celebrity rep. took our photos with an ipad, and we walked right onboard.  Easiest process ever.  Not in a suite.  We're Elite, but there was no Elite check in that I could see, and no one asked about our status, so I wouldn't worry about expedited arrival.

• Like 1