Using laundry service during cruise

stoneman56

OK I know that the official info is that you can only use the laundry service once, all items to be sent at the same time. 

Well this was "officially" the case last year as well when we were on the Seaside and used it 3 times.

So wondering if anyone has experience of using the service multiple times recently.

Currently on MSC Divina and was indicated by the butler that I can send in batches. First one out was 16 items, and I expect 2 other shipments to come with no issue. Like EG, we are in YC, so no idea if that makes a difference with respect to shipping out. 

As for service, I suspect our YC butler had a hand in it. The official line is that you leave the laundry out before 10AM, and it will be returned before 5PM the next day.     Butler told me to get my stuff ready and leave it on the bed. I did so at 7PM and got it back at 9AM the next day, shirts and skirts on hangers in the closet. 😀

58 minutes ago, stoneman56 said:

OK I know that the official info is that you can only use the laundry service once, all items to be sent at the same time. 

Well this was "officially" the case last year as well when we were on the Seaside and used it 3 times.

So wondering if anyone has experience of using the service multiple times recently.

On all the occasions that I've used the laundry service I have sent items on different days,  ensuring I keep a record of the number of items sent so as not to exceed the number allowed in the package. the only day I was not allowed to send items was on the last night. which seems pretty obvious to me that they wouldn't have time to turn them around.

I have never seen "official info saying you can only send the items on one occasion

53 minutes ago, Skier52 said:

I have never seen "official info saying you can only send the items on one occasion

Here's what it stated on our recent laundry package voucher.  It clearly states that items must be sent together in a single delivery.

267734688_BackHomeCleanInfo.png.96ff1a592624817359aaa1d528b5f8ca.png

We were able to send items in multiple deliveries;  we were in YC so not sure if that had any bearing on it.

1 hour ago, Zephyr173 said:

The official line is that you leave the laundry out before 10AM, and it will be returned before 5PM the next day.     Butler told me to get my stuff ready and leave it on the bed. I did so at 7PM and got it back at 9AM the next day, shirts and skirts on hangers in the closet. 😀

Our laundry wouldn't appear for 2 days after sending it out (though we never had it ready by 10am).

The laundry package we booked for Seaside earlier this month clearly stated it could be sent in batches.  There were actually 2 packages offered, one in batches and one all together. 

Our Orchestra and Meraviglia packages both stated it should all be sent together but we experienced no issues sending 2 batches.

The description on their website pretty clearly says multiple batches are fine:

BACK HOME CLEAN - 40 PIECES
Ideal for families or couples on longer cruises, this service means you and your stateroom companions can have garments washed and ironed any time during your cruise, or washed and ready for packing the day before departure (max 40 items per stateroom). 

In the event, we got this packagefor our recent April/May Baltic/Fjords YC cruise on Meraviglia and had no trouble sending batches.  We generally got it back next day, but they guaranteed "in by 9 AM out by 5 PM".  Sometimes we got it back same day even if we didn't get it in by 9.

Had a similar experience on a Med yc cruise on Divina a year or two back.e

30 minutes ago, dos equis said:

How much does the "back home clean" service cost? Thanks.

I don't remember what we paid then but I just checked our upcoming cruise next Nov. and it is $49.  We won't be using it this time around as it is only a 7 day cruise, without any other pre- or post-cruise added days.

The 20 piece package is $38 and the 10 piece package is $28.

9 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Ideal for families or couples on longer cruises, this service means you and your stateroom companions can have garments washed and ironed any time during your cruise, or washed and ready for packing the day before departure (max 40 items per stateroom). 

In the event, we got this packagefor our recent April/May Baltic/Fjords YC cruise on Meraviglia and had no trouble sending batches.  We generally got it back next day, but they guaranteed "in by 9 AM out by 5 PM".  Sometimes we got it back same day even if we didn't get it in by 9.

Where at on MSC did you find this? I know on the US site it use to say that but in the last few months it states what Bea's says word for word and when I was on the Divina last year they said all must go out at once but I had a copy of that print out so I was able to do it in batches. Would love to find that info on the site again so I could print it out and take it with me.

17 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

It does't say that on the UK site. It says must be used all at once.

At any rate, the description doesn't actually say multiple batches are fine, MSC could argue that it says you can either have it all done at once anytime during your cruise, or done all at once the day before your departure.

19 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The laundry package we booked for Seaside earlier this month clearly stated it could be sent in batches.  There were actually 2 packages offered, one in batches and one all together. 

Our Orchestra and Meraviglia packages both stated it should all be sent together but we experienced no issues sending 2 batches.

If you are using the UK site then show me where it says that, and that there are 2 versions, because for the life of me I can't see that.

Just off preziosa last month, and purchase 30 items of laundry.  We sent this in 3 batches without any problems.  There was 2 different packages if I remember correctly.  One you could send in batches and one you had to sent altogether.  I booked direct through MSC UK website. 

8 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Where at on MSC did you find this? I know on the US site it use to say that but in the last few months it states what Bea's says word for word and when I was on the Divina last year they said all must go out at once but I had a copy of that print out so I was able to do it in batches. Would love to find that info on the site again so I could print it out and take it with me.

I have a cruise booked, and when I log in and go to the place where you can add drink packages, excursions, spa services, etc., there is a place to add a laundry package, and I cut and pasted exactly how they describe it.  Which, as I noted, is exactly how it worked for us on both Divina and Meraviglia.

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

I have a cruise booked, and when I log in and go to the place where you can add drink packages, excursions, spa services, etc., there is a place to add a laundry package, and I cut and pasted exactly how they describe it.  Which, as I noted, is exactly how it worked for us on both Divina and Meraviglia.

This is where the confusion is. The US site is showing that you can use it when you like, and the UK site shows as my screenshot above, that it has to all go at once.

The UK site does not show the option to choose which you want, just the 10,20,40 and baby.

I'm going to screenshot one of the posts above and take it with us in December in case they don't let me send stuff in batches.

Edited by stoneman56

1 hour ago, JPR61 said:

Just off preziosa last month, and purchase 30 items of laundry.  We sent this in 3 batches without any problems.  There was 2 different packages if I remember correctly.  One you could send in batches and one you had to sent altogether.  I booked direct through MSC UK website. 

There is no option now for 30 items, and no option to choose if you want it in batches or not. Not on the UK site anyway.

Edited by stoneman56

1 hour ago, stoneman56 said:

This is where the confusion is. The US site is showing that you can use it when you like, and the UK site shows as my screenshot above, that it has to all go at once.

The UK site does not show the option to choose which you want, just the 10,20,40 and baby.

I'm going to screenshot one of the posts above and take it with us in December in case they don't let me send stuff in batches.

Nope, to add to the confusion, I am in the US on the USA site. It states must be used all at once on the US site. There is only 10 20 or 40 pieces and all have to be done at once.

image.png.8f0b6fd20b0059c28543aeb8ef4abcaf.png

BACK HOME CLEAN - 40 PIECES
Book now and save 15% vs. onboard price!
Including:
  • Max 40 items per cabin
Ideal for families or couple on longer cruises.
Extend the relaxation after a wonderful long holiday by returning home with your clothes washed, dried and ready to put away.

Please note that dry cleaning is excluded, and that silk, wool, men's suits and evening dress are excluded from the final day of the cruise option as they require special treatment. Item allowance must be used all together in a single delivery. Multiple deliveries are not accepted. Items are collected before 12.00pm, returned before dinner the next day. Refund not available for unused item allowance.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 1

Curiouser and curioser.  What I had quoted earlier from the laundry page in the Enhance Your Cruise section has now changed from what I quoted earlier to this 'no multiple deliveries' thing.

Fortunately our upcoming cruise is just a 7 dayer with just one pre-cruise night in Miami, so we won't be using laundry this time around anyway, but it is still very curious.