Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Momma1980

Cozumel Bar Hop- best eats?!

Recommended Posts

Best choices for food on bar hop?

 

I have hopped years ago and know that there is limited time to order and eat at each stop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly our group just grabbed some apps at a couple different places.  Nothing memorable but I’d order as soon as you get there no matter where.  But I would say one didn’t stand out to us over others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob Marley's (Rastas/Paradise Café) has fantastic ceviche and great fish tacos. The old Playa Bonita has excellent gorditas and fajitas.  Not sure about the food on the re-boot.  IMO Coconuts is a bit overpriced for the more tourista style dishes served.  But lots of folks enjoy it. Great views and party atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just did the Barhop this past April... we ate tacos at the first stop, then again at 3rd stop.  You are at each stop about 30-40 minutes so Coleen recommends you order food as soon as you arrive.  Worked great for us.  We had food within 10 minutes of arrival that way, and time to eat and relax.

 

All places have decent food, pretty similar.  The first stop though seemed to have a larger menu, and it was lunchtime when we got there, so it worked best for us..  It is the largest place as well as the most tourists stop there.

 

2019_Vista_CozumelBarHop%20(3).Movie_Sna

Punta Morena... first stop

DSCF1158-XL.jpg

 

 

Rastas

DSCF1223-XL.jpg

 

And remember............   CASH ONLY on the east side of island.  No electricity, no debit or cc, just CASH and small bills, $20 and under.  

 

Edited by ABQrobin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always order the same thing, guess I loved it so much on my first hop that I never changed my picks on many hops after. Punta Moreno ~ Chicken Nachos, Coconuts ~ Chips & Guacamole/Salsa, Rasta's ~ Coconut Shrimp & peanut butter tequila. Never had food at the new stop just cocktails. Maybe next hop I will mix it up but LOVE all of the above. 🙂 Yes, bring cash and don't be afraid of the ice their cocktails are wonderful!! Have fun!!

 

BonVoyage

Dawna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're doing the Cozumel Bar Hop in December.  What dock does Celebrity use?  The Bar Hop site says you have to take a cab from the Southern Piers so I assume there is more than just one.  Thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rossey said:

We're doing the Cozumel Bar Hop in December.  What dock does Celebrity use?  The Bar Hop site says you have to take a cab from the Southern Piers so I assume there is more than just one.  Thanks for the help.


Most likely International. You will need a taxi to Langosta. You will be dropped off at your pier on return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bar Hop picks up everyone at Senor Frogs downtown.  You will get the information where to meet when you pay.  AFTER the Hop, the bus will drop people off at their piers, stopping outside each one.  Works like a charm.  Taxi downtown to Senor Frogs is about $5-7 from southern piers (International and Puerta Maya).

Don't forget.... cash cash cash ONLY on the tour.  None of the stops have electricity so they can't take cards of any sort.  Cash only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2019 at 1:31 PM, ABQrobin said:

The Bar Hop picks up everyone at Senor Frogs downtown.  You will get the information where to meet when you pay.  AFTER the Hop, the bus will drop people off at their piers, stopping outside each one.  Works like a charm.  Taxi downtown to Senor Frogs is about $5-7 from southern piers (International and Puerta Maya).

Don't forget.... cash cash cash ONLY on the tour.  None of the stops have electricity so they can't take cards of any sort.  Cash only.

 

Who did you book the bar hop through?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did the bar hop a few years ago. We never ate a full lunch, but instead shared appetizers at each stop. Still one of the best excursions I've been on. You don't need to get plastered either to have a good time. I don't drink as much as I did then as part of a lifestyle change, but would do the hop again just for the scenery. The East side of the island is gorgeous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this should be obvious - but does the Barhop price include any drinks?  I know it doesn't include food . . .

 

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, locasec said:

Maybe this should be obvious - but does the Barhop price include any drinks?  I know it doesn't include food . . .

 

TIA


FAQ from the above website should answer must of your questions

 

https://cozumelbarhop.com/faq
 

There is a welcome “shot” at each bar, which I consider to be more of a small, sample drink than the usual shot. They used to be described on the website but I am not seeing it so here is an old description - note the Hop no longer goes to Playa Bonita.

 

 
All other drinks are extra and optional. You can carry one drink to the next place if you want although beer maybe transferred from bottle to cup. 
 
Remember whole tour balance, tips, drinks, food, souvenirs are cash only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how I managed to miss that in the FAQ!  Thanks so much for your kindness in pointing me in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, locasec said:

Not sure how I managed to miss that in the FAQ!  Thanks so much for your kindness in pointing me in the right direction.


LOL no problem ! some of these sites become harder to navigate as they “improve” them. I just know it is there from previously. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 3:50 AM, Rudyard said:

We did the bar hop a few years ago. We never ate a full lunch, but instead shared appetizers at each stop. Still one of the best excursions I've been on. You don't need to get plastered either to have a good time. I don't drink as much as I did then as part of a lifestyle change, but would do the hop again just for the scenery. The East side of the island is gorgeous. 

L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We hopped 3 years ago, it was magical. Going again on Sunday 26th January,  if anyone fancies it 🥰🍸🤩

Edited by Kerkyra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite food on the Bar Hop is at Rastas... The coconut shrimp is great, as well as the whole fried fish. Also, try a shot of their famous peanut butter tequila. Sounds gross, but tastes great...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 9:31 AM, CruisinDawn said:

don't be afraid of the ice their cocktails are wonderful!!

I was wondering about the ice!!  How can I be sure about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dlphn501 said:

I was wondering about the ice!!  How can I be sure about it?

All of the popular beach bars and tourist spots use purified water for ice, cooking, cleaning, etc.  Never had an issue in many trips to Cozumel, except for once when I think something was not right with my 12th margarita and I was extra woozy! 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohninDC said:

All of the popular beach bars and tourist spots use purified water for ice, cooking, cleaning, etc.  Never had an issue in many trips to Cozumel, except for once when I think something was not right with my 12th margarita and I was extra woozy! 🙄

Really?  So why always all the hype about "don't drink the water"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dlphn501 said:

Really?  So why always all the hype about "don't drink the water"?

Not all places filter water.  Mostly private homes and many condo rentals.

There's a general warning on "Don't Drink The Water" throughout Mexico of which Cozumel is a part.

However, bars and restaurants that cater to tourist will filter their water or use filtered water purchased off site for drinking and ice and even food prep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...