Are these medals going to be colored ?

pink845

On the promotion material for the Medallions, they appear to be blue, will they have black for the elite, silver for the platinum?  I am not crazy about identifying my status as an Elite.  I see people in the literature with the medallion on a chain.  Really!!! I think I will just drop it into my little cruise card holder so that it is not visible.  

Yes, in the traditional colors the cruise cards were done in.  But to me it is subtle.  The Platinum level is simply gray.  Most of the ones I saw were blue.  I noticed a Ruby when I saw it but Gold was as subtle as Platinum.  I didn't really see any Elites but they are black from what I hear.

We just received ours on Friday, and they're similar in color to those above (we're Ruby for 1 more sailing). We're on back to back sailings and switch status on the 2nd sailing. I've heard they have stickers to cover  for the appropriate level if you want. 
1 thought would be along those lines- if you want to hide your status, find some sort of snazzy sticker to cover the logo in the center. The crew shouldn't need to see it, as it'll come up on their tablet/hand held devices they carry

2 hours ago, dogdoc2002 said:

1 thought would be along those lines- if you want to hide your status, find some sort of snazzy sticker to cover the logo in the center. The crew shouldn't need to see it, as it'll come up on their tablet/hand held devices they carry

Or just keep the Medallion in your pocket and it will be seen as much as the cruise card was.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

So, if we don't want them, we can get only the cruise cards?

There has been an ongoing discussion for awhile now on CC that while this process evolves each ship appears to have a different take on it. Some have reported here that a cruise card was not an option.
I think the ultimate goal is that they will require them totally at some point. Even for those that don’t have phones etc they will at minimum open the cabin door and for getting on and off the ship.

On the Crown 2 weeks ago our grandson who is 1 had a card.

For security reasons everybody has to have something.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pink845 said:

On the promotion material for the Medallions, they appear to be blue, will they have black for the elite, silver for the platinum?  I am not crazy about identifying my status as an Elite.  I see people in the literature with the medallion on a chain.  Really!!! I think I will just drop it into my little cruise card holder so that it is not visible.  

Yes to the question of the medallion color being the same as the passenger's Captain's Circle status.

You can always cut out a small piece of paper to cover the face of the medallion to hide your level. The surrounding thin cardboard in their plastic carry case is generic blue in color unless you make you own, purchase one of theirs or remove it entirely.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

There has been an ongoing discussion for awhile now on CC that while this process evolves each ship appears to have a different take on it. Some have reported here that a cruise card was not an option.
I think the ultimate goal is that they will require them totally at some point. Even for those that don’t have phones etc they will at minimum open the cabin door and for getting on and off the ship.

On the Crown 2 weeks ago our grandson who is 1 had a card.

For security reasons everybody has to have something.

We'll be on the Crown, so I guess we will have to claim that we are each  1 year old, not senior citizens. LOL

13 hours ago, pink845 said:

That works vs your fellow passengers, but when crew members see your picture on their tablets, it's highlighted in your Captain's Circle color.

4 minutes ago, Haboob said:

That works vs your fellow passengers, but when crew members see your picture on their tablets, it's highlighted in your Captain's Circle color.

is the CC level color shown on both sides of the medallion?  Can you place it face in on the holder?

2 minutes ago, richsea said:

Why is it so horrible to have others know your Captain’s Circle level? Who would care? Most people probably won’t notice, or care one way or the other. 

I'd happily travel with a faux-Blue Medallion.  Blues are not expected to know better than to do whatever, and Elites are considered locked-in, habitual customers they can take for granted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Haboob said:

I'd happily travel with a faux-Blue Medallion.  Blues are not expected to know better than to do whatever, and Elites are considered locked-in, habitual customers they can take for granted.

Do you think the crew actually look at your Medallion to base their answers on the level. :classic_laugh: LOL 

• Like 1

I don't care what color my medallion is...and don't think I;ll particularly bother trying to identify everyone else's...

The entire medallion is, what, the size of a quarter?

The cards were much larger and color coded...

I always carried mine around in my pocket rather than on display on a lanyard...You can do the same with your medallion if you want...

But it really makes no difference to me...and I'm guessing to most of us...as to what level in Captain's Circle anyone is...

Heck, some "Elites" got there doing a bunch of three-night cruises in low season in inside cabins...  Should I be impressed?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Do you think the crew actually look at your Medallion to base their answers on the level. :classic_laugh: LOL 

Nope.  They look at their tablets.  There's a reason your photo is highlighted with your Captain's color, no?

The color might come into play when I am asked a Really Stupid question. One coming from a Blue, a straight informative answer, maybe. One from a Black, an answer as stupid as the question.

If a Blue asked "where can I sea the ocean?" as they stepped out of their balcony suite, not sure I could keep a straight face even.

3 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

The color might come into play when I am asked a Really Stupid question. One coming from a Blue, a straight informative answer, maybe. One from a Black, an answer as stupid as the question.

If a Blue asked "where can I sea the ocean?" as they stepped out of their balcony suite, not sure I could keep a straight face even.

"Does this elevator go to the front of the ship?"