Cruise Critic Community
bostonfred

Epic comedy club reservations question

Hi, hopefully, I am not having a senior moment and repeating myself. We want to make comedy club reservations ASAP. Is this something that we must wait to do onboard? I am still unable to make them on my NCL....thanks,😊😊

Not speaking specifically about the Epic, but comedy club reservations are usually only available onboard on the ships which take entertainment reservations.

You will have to wait until you board to make reservations for the comedy club.  You can make reservations with those large touch  screen Kiosks and if memory serves in your cabin with the interactive TV.

Edited by Oakman58

We were on the Epic in April of this year. No reservations were required for the comedy club. We were told it was an experiment and if successful would be implemented on other ships. 

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

Hi, hopefully, I am not having a senior moment and repeating myself. We want to make comedy club reservations ASAP. Is this something that we must wait to do onboard? I am still unable to make them on my NCL....thanks,😊😊

Since the comedy clubs are small venues (which is stupid), they stopped doing precruise reservations several years ago. You have to book onboard. 

Hoping to book as soon as we board Epic in January. If not, I imagine in such a small venue you would have to show up an hour early to get seats, much like Syd's or the Cavern Club. 😫

16 hours ago, OHRiverRats said:

Hoping to book as soon as we board Epic in January. If not, I imagine in such a small venue you would have to show up an hour early to get seats, much like Syd's or the Cavern Club. 😫

16 hours ago, OHRiverRats said:

That’s my concern..I know comedy club is way too small and to see Beatles at cavern same thing..so you have to get there well in advance..will use touch screen for comedy as soon as we board...

On 11/19/2019 at 9:01 AM, bostonfred said:

That’s my concern..I know comedy club is way too small and to see Beatles at cavern same thing..so you have to get there well in advance..will use touch screen for comedy as soon as we board...

Yes,this was my experience on epic. No reservations for comedy club. Lines began forming 45 minutes prior to showtime. So basically people were standing in line for 45 minutes to see a 45 minute show. Another brilliant idea by some shoreside employee or probably has no experience onboard. Needless to say, I saw no comedy shows on my cruise because I chose not to stand in a line.