Received Offer to Upgrade To YC Royal Suite

lcpagejr

We are sailing on Seaside this Saturday(YC Suite) . Today I received offer to bid for Royal Yacht Club Suite.... 

Has anyone stayed in this type suite? If so... Is it worth it. Only reason I am considering bidding is that there will be 4 of us which would definitely give us more space. Also you only have to pay the PP bid price only for 1st 2 passengers of cabin/Suite. 

24 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

....Only reason I am considering bidding is that there will be 4 of us which would definitely give us more space. Also you only have to pay the PP bid price only for 1st 2 passengers of cabin/Suite. 

And that is probably why they are inviting you to bid, as they can sell a YC1 much easier than the RS!

On the basis you have described, I'd certainly consider it worth bidding but not at 'any price'.

Edited by hamrag

22 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

We are sailing on Seaside this Saturday(YC Suite) . Today I received offer to bid for Royal Yacht Club Suite.... 

Has anyone stayed in this type suite? If so... Is it worth it. Only reason I am considering bidding is that there will be 4 of us which would definitely give us more space. Also you only have to pay the PP bid price only for 1st 2 passengers of cabin/Suite. 

We received an invite to bid on an upgrade to a RS from a regular YC suite for our January cruise. Minimum bid was $775 PP. We declined to bid.  

20 minutes ago, surmy555 said:

We received an invite to bid on an upgrade to a RS from a regular YC suite for our January cruise. Minimum bid was $775 PP. We declined to bid.  

We received the same minimum bid price... Thx

We had one in June.  Would depend on price and how old guests 3 and 4 are and if current room slept 5.  

The sofa bed in regular YC is tiny, for younger kids comfortably.

Not seeing any 11/23 so either upgraded already or just data mining.

Well my cruise is about a year away (11/7) and if I get that offer I'll probably bid a grand a head.  That is what we paid for an upgrade on a Victory Cruise 13 day Montreal to Boston cruise for an upgrade from a small AA category room to a spacious Owner's Suite, and it was definitely worth it.

For those who got the bid offer, did it come directly from MSC or was it transmitted to you through your travel agent, if you used one?

Other than the bigger room and balcony, does the royal suite come with any extra perks?

YC cabins go so quickly on most cruises.  When I booked Seaview Med, there were only two cabins left - both Deluxe Suite.  If there had been a chance to upgrade to RS, even at full retail, I would have considered it.  But as it turned out, DS was just fine [for 2].  For more than 2 people, the RS upgrade would really be worth it.

8 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Other than the bigger room and balcony, does the royal suite come with any extra perks?

We (family of 4) had the Royal Suite 16037 and the "extras" include a complimentary cabana for the length of the cruise and whirlpool on the balcony. With the cabana, you'll probably get some of the extras that come with renting a cabana but you aren't charged (we received everything but some have reported that they didn't receive anything extra). With the separate living room, 2 TVs, seating, table for 6 on the balcony (great for breakfast), I'll book the RS whenever I can get one and they are difficult to get. Waiting for summer dates to open.....

Go for it. 

If you're lucky to have Vishnu as a butler, he's worth the upgrade. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

We (family of 4) had the Royal Suite 16037 and the "extras" include a complimentary cabana for the length of the cruise and whirlpool on the balcony. With the cabana, you'll probably get some of the extras that come with renting a cabana but you aren't charged (we received everything but some have reported that they didn't receive anything extra). With the separate living room, 2 TVs, seating, table for 6 on the balcony (great for breakfast), I'll book the RS whenever I can get one and they are difficult to get. Waiting for summer dates to open.....

Go for it. 

If you're lucky to have Vishnu as a butler, he's worth the upgrade. 

We had the cooler everyday and that was pretty much it.  Vishnu was having an off week.  It was Thursday before he thought about bringing ice cream treats to our room late day instead of to cabana.  The pool attendant that some rave about, well, we've never seen him do much other than hover over the towels.

Jacuzzi had the one fun jet that wanted to shoot water over top of tub onto balcony.

For the current prices, they need to step it up a bit.

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

Jacuzzi had the one fun jet that wanted to shoot water over top of tub onto balcony.

I had a different issue with the whirlpool which has since been fixed. The problem was the drain plug in our case.

The top jet would shoot water out if the tub wasn't filled enough (I experienced the same) but we figured out to be patient while it filled.

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

For the current prices, they need to step it up a bit.

I agree. Unfortunately, some things such as a 2nd bathroom won't happen. Even the Owner's Suite on Seashore only has 1 bathroom and based on renderings, that balcony isn't great. I also don't like that suite's whirlpool location. I'll wait for more info on that one.

Overall, I really enjoy MSC, Seaside, the Yacht Club, and the Royal Suite. My posts aren't really "complaints". They are more like "suggested minor tweaks" that would improve things.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 6:10 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

Well my cruise is about a year away (11/7) and if I get that offer I'll probably bid a grand a head.  That is what we paid for an upgrade on a Victory Cruise 13 day Montreal to Boston cruise for an upgrade from a small AA category room to a spacious Owner's Suite, and it was definitely worth it.

For those who got the bid offer, did it come directly from MSC or was it transmitted to you through your travel agent, if you used one?

Came directly from MSC

On 11/18/2019 at 7:08 PM, L2float said:

We received multiple upgrade offers from YC balcony to RS for our November 24th sailing. Minimum bid each time was $1675 pp. No thanks! I'd rather got on another YC cruise! 

Wow...thats extremely high! We sail a day earlier on Seaside and minimum bid was $775!?

3 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

Wow...thats extremely high! We sail a day earlier on Seaside and minimum bid was $775!?

We keep receiving the same offer over and over! Each time I am excited to open the email... hoping it's within the realm of my reality, but it's always over $1600.00pp.  😔

1 hour ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Or, is it possible that the big number is on the 14 day version of the cruise and the smaller number is for that 7 day version?  Both the 11/23 on Seaside and the 11/23, presumably on Meraviglia, have 7 and 14 day versions.

Aha... that would make more sense!