Late Flight Home, What to Do In Miami All Day

Samanthac25

We have a late (9:50pm) flight home from Miami on Sunday, 12/29 and are wondering what in the world to do all day between disembarking and boarding our flight home. The idea of having to deal with our luggage and boredom for 12 hours with a 14 year old is a little daunting. We ended up with this late flight due to the high prices around holiday travel and deciding on this particular cruise last minute (we will plan better next time!)... That said, we have never been to the Miami area and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions with how to spend the day and/or what to do about our luggage? Thanks!

We are doing a day pass at the Betsy Hotel, which we booked through resortpass dot com. They will keep our luggage and we have access to the pool and hotel facilities. There are lots of hotels to choose from on the site, so there may be some that are better for a 14-year-old (we are just two adults). It's this Sunday so I can let you know how it goes!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

We are doing a day pass at the Betsy Hotel, which we booked through resortpass dot com. They will keep our luggage and we have access to the pool and hotel facilities. There are lots of hotels to choose from on the site, so there may be some that are better for a 14-year-old (we are just two adults). It's this Sunday so I can let you know how it goes!

That sounds like a great option! 

• Like 1

We did the hop on hop off double decker bus tour.  It was a great way to see some sights.  They picked up right outside the cruise terminal and take care of your luggage.  When the tour ends you retrieve your luggage and they transport you to the airport.  My daughter had never been to Miami before so she really enjoyed it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Or store your bags at the Luggage Lounge in South Beach while you explore, beach, lunch, etc.  Collect your bags and ride the Airport Flyer bus to MIA for about $3 each

Do you know where that bus stops? Do you think we could get it from near the Betsy Hotel?

6 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

WOW!  That is a swank hotel!

I would not leave property and enjoy every bit of it!  Congrats!  It is a really high end luxury hotel!

3 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

WOW!  That is a swank hotel!

I would not leave property and enjoy every bit of it!  Congrats!  It is a really high end luxury hotel!

Right? It was only $30/person for the day, I'll take that!

My wife and I have taken the two Art Deco tour offerings, and can recommend both.

The Little Havana tour is a three hour walking tour in the area of SW 8th Street in Miami.  Calle Ocho is the spiritual heart for the Cuban community, and is lined with restaurants, shops, and services for the neighborhood. And, plenty of tourist traps.  It ends with a sampling of  Cuban foods, served family style to the group.

The Miami Beach Art Deco tour introduces the concept of Art Deco in a 45 minute sit down session. Then, out on the street, looks at the exteriors and interiors of many buildings constructed in the 1920s and 1930s in South Beach. Also a three hour walking tour, it visits the interiors of hotels and bars,  and passes the Gianni Versace house. That's now a restaurant and high end bed and breakfast.

Excellent ratings on TripAdvisor.

I am probably going to need a place in January for the day in Ft. Lauderdale and was looking at that same

website. The thing is, they say it is a day pass but you are not given a room, is that correct? They hold

your luggage and you have access to the pool and stuff, but, unless I am mis reading the information,

you don't have any access to a room.....shower, bathroom, etc?

Oh....ok....thanks...….I found another site called Dayuse.com and they offer day rooms......so you actually have your

own room too.:classic_smile:....a bit more money but I would want a room for that time too.....actually, I don't care about the pool

part LOL…………..