Has anyone seen pricing for the new BBQ food? Or; Do we finally accept new pricing model?

LMaxwell

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So, I could get 2 3-meat meals?  That would be 6 meats, 4 sides and 2 desserts?

That'll hit the spot.  What is the dress code for BBQ on Dress-Your-Best night?

If your going to try and hit that $35 dollar mark I'd recommend sweat pants with an elastic waste!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

You forgot option #3: make a statement with your wallet, don't book and send a "strongly worded" e-mail as to why you are not booking!

I did years ago on Majesty.  Went to windjammer for a Hamburger at lunch, told that they don’t do them and I had to go to Johnny rockets.  Talked to Food and Beverage manager later and he told me that because they make money at Johnny rockets they will not serve hamburgers in windjammer, they want the customer to pay.  Don’t know if that is still the case, but I went and cancelled 3 cruises on that ship and will not sail it now because I don’t believe you should have to pay for food and tip the waiters again on a cruise ship.  Like I ask the poor guys and girls that are stuck pushing the speciality restaurants around the ships, “Why do I need to go to your place, is the main dining room that bad”  or “Sorry, I am already tipping the dining room for my evening meals”.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I can’t imagine a cruise ship version being a good substitute. 

“If you don’t see a pit, it ain’t legit!”.

I wondered that as well. In order to appeal to the masses and the wide range of palates, if the food would be......less flavorful (i.e. bland).

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So you think the cruise fares should continue to decrease as one ascends in cruise number?  Doesn’t sound like a good business model. 

No.  How did you come to that conclusion? 

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Shame on you, you quoted two pictures. Just Kidding....  lol

Don’t forget to mention the 11-11 Beer/Wine for P’s in the SL. I think that was a big draw. 

I actually went to Matt's site, grabbed a larger version of the menu and added it to my post to clarify my dining choices.😉

SL/CK is part of all the venues

• Like 1

I'm glad for the option. I'm assuming DBP will work also so no charge for drinks either.  When you couple that with a UDP, which I would definitely purchase on an Oasis class ship, you've got a great addition to the lineup that isn't costing me a dime more.

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm glad for the option. I'm assuming DBP will work also so no charge for drinks either.  When you couple that with a UDP, which I would definitely purchase on an Oasis class ship, you've got a great addition to the lineup that isn't costing me a dime more.

UDP on our upcoming Allure TA nets out to $12.50 per meal when you factor in 11 sea days. 

• Like 1

The Carnival Horizon had a similar idea "Guy's Pig and Anchor" and there was an upcharge.  There wasn't a soul in there the entire cruise.  I understand paying for some specialty dining venus... but when you start charging extra for "cheaper" type foods like BBQ it is out of control.  I'm not paying an extra dime for a burger, or a taco on a cruise and I sure won't pay for a rib.  I'll pay for filet and lobster... but not pulled pork.

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

UDP on our upcoming Allure TA nets out to $12.50 per meal when you factor in 11 sea days. 

That's a good deal. That's before the dry dock  and the addition of the bbq though isn't it.  You'll have to wait until Oasis to test that one out.

54 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm not sure where you're thinking it "isn't costing you a dime more".  The UDP costs my family of three $600.  You're paying for that pulled pork.  But you're just pre-paying.

Edited by jetta8300

3 minutes ago, jetta8300 said:

I'm not sure where you're thinking it "isn't costing you a dime more".  The UDP costs my family of 3 $600.  You're paying for that pulled pork.  But you're just pre-paying.

I will be purchasing the UDP whether the BBQ was there or not.  Getting the option of going to the Bbq is costing me nothing more than I otherwise would have paid. I don't always get the UDP but will on an Oasis class ship.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

There seems to be no problem selling out the $2000+ per day over the water cabanas at Coco Cay.  The same people would not blink at $2.50 for a glass of ice tea. 

I Disagree.  I'm staying in a 2 bedroom grand suite on the Symphony, the room was outrageously expensive.  And call me crazy but the $2.50 for iced tea bothers me more than the cost of the suite...  It's the principle.  Not to mention that there are only a couple of people on that ship willing to pay for those cabanas, or expensive suites for that matter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jetta8300 said:

I Disagree.  I'm staying in a 2 bedroom grand suite on the Symphony, the room was outrageously expensive.  And call me crazy but the $2.50 for iced tea bothers me more than the cost of the suite...  It's the principle.  Not to mention that there are only a couple of people on that ship willing to pay for those cabanas, or expensive suites for that matter.

Do you have any idea how much sugar is in our tea down here.  Around a 1/4 cup for every cup of water. 🥤

This aint WJ tea. It's worth $2.50 per glass, and you get free refills😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, jetta8300 said:

The Carnival Horizon had a similar idea "Guy's Pig and Anchor" and there was an upcharge.  There wasn't a soul in there the entire cruise.  I understand paying for some specialty dining venus... but when you start charging extra for "cheaper" type foods like BBQ it is out of control.  I'm not paying an extra dime for a burger, or a taco on a cruise and I sure won't pay for a rib.  I'll pay for filet and lobster... but not pulled pork.

21 minutes ago, Sailor_Sally said:

The Pig and Anchor on Carnival is free

Looks like you are both right depending on the ship.

29FC66EE-B362-43F9-8C0C-590851C5127F.png

1 hour ago, jetta8300 said:

Hmm. Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse and Brewhouse on the Horizon was free for lunch on Sea days, and was jam packed. At dinner, it was a reasonable price... I do not know what was wrong on your cruise, but we had to wait it was so busy. Not to mention the craft beer was excellent. 

Edited by Mikew0805
Add ship name.

6 hours ago, mr walker said:

Downunder, common slang for a sandwich is a sanger. A popular choice of food here is a BBQ'd beef sausage with either tomato sauce or BBQ sauce (with or without BBQ'd onions), wrapped in a slice of bread. This is referred to as a sausage sanger, and this is something that RC should introduce on their ships asap 🙂

mr walker you beat me to it! I am a fellow aussie and was going to say EXACTLY the same thing, ha ha.

I have only been on three cruises (2RCI). I have not yet paid for food on a cruise but I can see it as something that I would contemplate in the future. I think if I was going to pay money it would be for something like this, at this kind of price range. I think it is clever of RCI and nothing to get upset about! In fact, I welcome increased competition onboard!

• Like 1