Cagney's Lobster upcharge to the dining package is back?

fstuff1

2months ago (sept), NCL got rid of the silly $4 upcharge over the dining package for the shrimp cocktail at Cagney's.

they also added lobster surf and turf at no additional upcharge.

Poster in the thread above said Cagneys now has a $19 upcharge for surf and turf!?

She said it was on the Breakaway this month.

Anyone else notice lobster upcharges to the dining package this month?

Edited by fstuff1

1 minute ago, dexddd said:

I read someone said crab cake was upcharge.  I thought that had come and gone, but maybe not.

On my Dawn cruise a few weeks ago, Surf and Turf has an upcharge, a premium shrimp cocktail and there was another appetizer with an upcharge. it might of been the crab cake 

11 minutes ago, shof515 said:

On my Dawn cruise a few weeks ago, Surf and Turf has an upcharge, a premium shrimp cocktail and there was another appetizer with an upcharge. it might of been the crab cake 

what the hell is a premium shrimp cocktail?

and do these upcharges apply to the free dinner at Cageys for being Platinum?

Edited by fstuff1

I am on the phone with NCL right now and they are denying any changes. I am pressing this and asking for a supervisor. The first rep said that there may be "specials not on the regular menu" that have an uncharge. I told him that these items are on the menu and were not uncharged recently. Please take pics of menus!

41 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

what the hell is a premium shrimp cocktail?

and do these upcharges apply to the free dinner at Cageys for being Platinum?

Not sure about now, but back in May, the platinum dinner didn't incur the shrimp cocktail up charge.

Market pricing, seasonally adjusted, for your convenience of course (@dexddd 's favorite tagline these days) in "recognition" of one's NCL brand loyalty.   The size of the serving itself, and side(s) would - surely - be adjusted ... I think.  

Will be doing Cagney next month, memo to self to "document" this ... graphically.  With 2020 almost around the corner, won't surprise me one tiny bit that the values will be reflected & recalibrated again in response to free style dining's popularity, or not.  

Personally, unless its live lobster freshly prepared (nor, frozen jumbo prawn or tiger shrimp cocktail) ... won't bother us.  Surcharge for crab cake ... annoyed but not a deal breaker.  

3 hours ago, schildiams said:

I am on the phone with NCL right now and they are denying any changes. I am pressing this and asking for a supervisor. The first rep said that there may be "specials not on the regular menu" that have an uncharge. I told him that these items are on the menu and were not uncharged recently. Please take pics of menus!

I like your style. 

I hope its not true.  On another note I was watching a recent Bliss review on youtube and they had grilled cheese and tomato soup as an appetizer at Cagneys.  I never saw this on the menu before.  No one likes tomato soup and grilled cheese more than me.  Its sort of the red neck lunch and what we would eat after coming in from sled riding as kids.  As much as I like it, I would never even think about it as an appetizer in a steakhouse.  Seriously.  With the amount of money NCL is charging for Cagneys, why cant they offer some decent appetizers?

• Like 1

TheDougOut posted the menus from both Cagney's and Ocean Blue in his Encore - Live 11/2 review. 

Both restaurants have surcharges on the Filet and Lobster, the Shrimp Cocktail and the Crab Cake. It can be assumed that this will be Fleetwide. 

• Like 1

If you look at TheDougOut's live review of the Encore TA, he has pics of the menus.  Ocean Blue and Cagney's does have $5 upcharges for Shrimp Cocktail and Crab Cakes and $19 upcharge for Surf & Turf.  There is also a $25 upcharge for just lobster tail.  

38 minutes ago, Falckon said:

Both restaurants have surcharges on the Filet and Lobster, the Shrimp Cocktail and the Crab Cake. It can be assumed that this will be Fleetwide. 

It is already rolling out fleetwide. that is the same menu i had on my november 2 norwegian dawn cruise

47 minutes ago, shof515 said:

New Cageny menu that is being rolled out fleet wide

image.thumb.png.e90abf79ef5d8656056d0b88a30d1bc5.png

Confirmed:

Nickle and Diming is back at Cagney's  :classic_angry:

and w t f pricing on the Bacon appetizer?!

it's 3 strips of bacon. you can do the exact thing from breakfast by eating 2 strips of bacon at the same time. and thats free!

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fstuff1 said:

Confirmed:

Nickle and Diming is back at Cagney's 😞

I mean yeah NCL I get it you gotta save some money...but can't you do it with a little class? Put it on the menu, or don't. This just comes off as so cheap, desperate and tacky. 

• Like 3

We just ate at Cagney's week before last on the POA 11/2 cruise.  Crab cake was an upcharge, the lobster was $19 upcharge, and I think something else but I can't remember what it was (ETA:  Oh yeah the bacon and the shrimp). We all had the dining package.  We all had a ton of OBC so it didn't make any difference to us.  I don't mind paying more for good food anyway if it's what I want and it was all delicious.  But I guess now that I think about it, $19 is pretty steep.  If not for the OBC, I probably would have just stuck with the steak and crab cake.  

Edited by Beachiekeen
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Confirmed:

Nickle and Diming is back at Cagney's  :classic_angry:

and w t f pricing on the Bacon appetizer?!

it's 3 strips of bacon. you can do the exact thing from breakfast by eating 2 strips of bacon at the same time. and thats free!

From the menu above, I don't think the bacon appetizer is the one with the upcharge.  It is the crab cake & tiger shrimp trio.  The regular shrimp cocktail isn't upcharged either. The supplement charge is listed below the item that it refers to.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bren61 said:

From the menu above, I don't think the bacon appetizer is the one with the upcharge.  It is the crab cake & tiger shrimp trio.  The regular shrimp cocktail isn't upcharged either. The supplement charge is listed below the item that it refers to.

yeah i know.

im just commenting on he $16 charge for 3 pieces of bacon hat you can get the same thing for free by doubling up the breakfast bacon at breakfast on every bite