New Specialty Uncharges - take pics of menus please!

schildiams

6 hours ago, gizfish said:

Actually those prices are not that bad because one hasn't already paid for meals in the initial cost of the vacation.  On cruises you already paid for your food and now you are paying prices like the ones above for "specialty" food.  And not one of the specialty restaurants on NCL comes even close to the quality at WDW.

You are right, they must have most of the meal already covered so this is extra.  Plus paying 20% gratuity on already paid DSC.  Plus people want to tip extra.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 8:44 PM, Shidah said:

I agree, I never get the posts complaining about possibly not getting multiple sides.  How much can these people eat?  I can hardly even attempt dessert with what is included, never mind more on top of it.

Speaking of wasteful, the way Cagney’s dispenses side seems wasteful to me.  Rather than a normal side portion on one’s plate, one gets a small metal kettle containing far more cheesy polenta (for example) than one person would normally consume.  Unless one has dining companions who are inclined to share that specific side, that excess goes to waste.  They could include two sides with entree, put a normal size servings on the entree plate...less cluttered table, less waste, more efficient table service, fewer dishes to wash , and lower costs. If they really believe there is demand, could leave the “containerized sides” on menu for an up charge.  Or they can cling to their old kettles, presumably out of tradition or such.

Edited by Starry Eyes

16 hours ago, GA Dave said:

So, here are some entree-only prices for you to contemplate:

Seared Sea Scallops - $34.00

8 oz. Filet Mignon - $46.00

16 oz. Boneless Rib Eye - $59.00

12 oz. NY Strip - $48.00

20 oz. Bone In Pork Chop - $30.00

Sounds outrageous, right?  Well, these are from a restaurant in the historic district of Savannah, where all the tourists stay.  And this is about the average for downtown Savannah.

Anywhere that is popular with tourists is going to be outrageous.  Want more proof?  Check out the restaurants at Disney Springs within WDW.  Cannot get a decent sit down dinner for anything less than $50 pp.

for that filet price id go visit my gf in texas. or pay for teppanyaki, their filet was great and you get more than that for the price.