MSC Trio Dining Package

marcoigna

Hi Marco

Early on in our Mera cruise, I asked the SR hostess if we could drop Ocean Cay and visit Butcher's Cut twice - I was told "No".

Later on in the cruise, I discovered that they had changed it out in the system (they were looking after us after a nasty situation that occurred with some YC guests during the cruise).  It meant I wasted a Diamond Card meal in Ocean Cay as I wasn't made aware that they had made the change.

So ... to answer your question ... Yes, it can be done - when it suits them!!!!!  But expect the answer to be "No" (though I doubt they'll say "No" to you  😉).

thank u for the quick reply - just getting settled back at home...hope all is well and you too are all settled back at home, it was a great idea for us to go to Paradise Island after the cruise for 5 days, and once again had a stellar time...it was great to meet both of you in person....

how did u make out of the 20% credit, did u just get for the 13 nights or the full 23 nights...

we are going on Seaview next year for 18 nights, and thought we would do the Trio, as we dont want to dine in the YC restaurant every night - not crazy fond of the Asian restaurants - so, i think we will take our chance....it probably is still worth if just for Butchers Cut and Ocean Cay.

we thoroughly enjoyed the Tapas Restaurant on the Meraviglia, but do miss Eately in the same thought...

We'll get the 20% for the 23 night cruise as it was one booked cruise and not 2 separate bookings like a B2B would be.  I contacted MSC UK last Thursday with a view to booking a cruise in 2021 (we already have 2 booked for next year) and am still awaiting a response as to whether I can use the discount or not.  I haven't had confirmation of how much it is yet, either, though I know how much 20% of what I paid for the last cruise comes out at.

Jet lag has been severe this time - I was fine back in January on our return from Armonia.  I keep nodding off as though I were popping sleeping pills lol.

Great meeting you 2, too!  What a great cruise that was!

10 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I haven't had confirmation of how much it is yet, either, though I know how much 20% of what I paid for the last cruise comes out at.

we got an email voucher on the Monday after we disembarked...so did all in our group...i was able to apply to our Seaview Cruise so that is great as well....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marcoigna said:

we got an email voucher on the Monday after we disembarked...so did all in our group...i was able to apply to our Seaview Cruise so that is great as well....

Liz (emmas gran) contacted MSC UK last Thursday, too, and was told that it would be 10 days before the voucher would be issued.  It'll be interesting to see what T&Cs are attached.  I've seen it posted that it's valid for 2 years for those in the US and only one year for someone who received theirs in Germany.

We used the trio package to visit the Asian restaurant twice and Butchers Cut once on Seaside last year. We'd originally booked to visit Ocean Cay as well but after an excellent meal in the Pan Asian restaurant we were able to change the Ocean Cay booking.