Q about VIFP Future Cruise “Welcome Home” Deal

jlynchtx

We have our first cruise booked for about a month from now in December. We are also wanting to book a second cruise for this summer (will be with other family). From what I have read, Carnival has a discount for a future sailing once you are on board the ship, called “Welcome Home.” I’m anxious to book our next cruise, but I’m trying to figure out if I should go ahead and book using the current promotions, or wait until we are onboard in December? In your experience, are those deals much better than what I can get now?

According to to the carnival website, the welcome home promo includes: Early Saver rates including Price Protection, 50% off deposit, Two category upgrade (excluding suites), Up to $50 USD per stateroom Onboard Credit.

That sounds pretty much exactly like the deals carnival currently has on the website for VIFP members. I’m trying to figure out if the deals will be even better once onboard...

Thanks! 

27 minutes ago, TomCruise48 said:

The welcome home deal has been exactly as stated in your post for at least the past two years.  Not likely to change.

Yes it works basically as described.  Be aware though you do not have to book it while on board.  You will have two weeks (if I remember correctly) after debarkation day to check whatever is being offered and choose a cabin, date, rate, etc.

There's no way to know whether rates will increase or better deals will be offered between now and the time you sail.  In general the cruises I watch have tended to trend upward in price but occasionally great deals have been offered.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

7 minutes ago, Clarasgrandma said:

I usually have my future cruises booked far in advance. Once I sail and get the discount offer,if it brings the price of my already booked cruises down, I just submit a request for a price adjustment with my PVP.

I didn’t even think about doing that. Thanks!

• Like 1