Pickleball on ships?

1st

6 minutes ago, 1st said:

Hello fellow CC peeps. My husband and I are interested if there are any ships that have Pickleball Courts. Does anyone have any ideas about this. Thanks for your help.

This is a recent development with Princess.  I have seen Pickleball posted as an activity this year in the Princess Patter.  They have a general use ball court way up top and aft.  If it is setup for Pickleball and not in use otherwise, then you could potentially play anytime you can arrange a game.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

We were just on the Emerald in October and played (non hosted) on the basketball court on sea days. The net was in horrible shape and the court was less than regulation. The “protective nets” were so close to the back line that you just overlooked foot faults on serving.  But we still had a lot of fun!! They had decent paddles and lots of balls.  The wind was not much of a factor even though we were sailing during play time.  A combination of moderate players and newbies.  Only about 8-10 players would show up at the scheduled time.

Edited by BigGuy25

On 11/18/2019 at 6:15 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Royal, Regal, Emerald, Coral, Caribbean and others?

On a Coral Princess roll call last fall there was a large group plying pickle ball and as stated above, it was listed in the Patter almost every day. 

In our last Regal B2B, they had planned a Pickle Ball (hosted) game and it rained.  So they cancelled it.  I only know this because while walking past the Guest Services Desk, the "Respect me, I'm Diamond status" woman was actually yelling at the poor girl behind the desk.  Demanded to speak to someone who could compensate her for... I'm not making this up... ruining her cruise because they cancelled the Pickle Ball.  True story.  

13 minutes ago, WISH84 said:

Demanded to speak to someone who could compensate her for... I'm not making this up... ruining her cruise because they cancelled the Pickle Ball.  True story.  

Oh I believe you. When I worked at Disneyland I had a guest demand their money back because the waterfall on the Mine Train (Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland) was turned off and it "ruined their trip".

I wish that was a one off, but I had similar things every day.

Coral had Pickleball and I watched a couple of games. All the players were experienced (which isn't the same as "good").