Cruise Critic Community
zitsky

Where to eat at 6-7 am (room service?) - Equinox

We're on the Equinox.  We have a 7:15am activity on one day or our cruise.  I've done some reading and it looks like room service is the only option at 6-7 am.  We're in an Aqua cabin.  My partner is kind of picky and doesn't usually like to eat in the room.  How practical is it to use the coffee table in the cabin for eating?

I found eating in the room easy on the EQ..we had a hump cabin with larger balcony, ate out there....room service is what's great about cruising.  IMHO

Love breakfast on the balcony.  If it is too cold or windy we ate in the room.  The coffee table was fine.  That was, however a while ago.  We now book Suites, so I do not know how the Aqua rooms are currently furnished.  As it is your only alternative,  unless you want something from Cafe Al Bianco, I would go for it

I'm on the Celebrity site.  I can't find the opening hours for Café al Bacio?

On a recent cruise there was one port where the excursion set off before sunrise!  The Oceanview buffet was open for light breakfast from 6.00 and full breakfast from 6.30.

1 minute ago, Toftwood said:

On a recent cruise there was one port where the excursion set off before sunrise!  The Oceanview buffet was open for light breakfast from 6.00 and full breakfast from 6.30.

That's good to know!

The Equinox is one of the ships supported by the mobile app.  I'd download the app to your phone which will show you hours each venue is open by day.  You can even look up the MDR menus. 

19 minutes ago, Lisah101 said:

The Equinox is one of the ships supported by the mobile app.  I'd download the app to your phone which will show you hours each venue is open by day.  You can even look up the MDR menus. 

OK thank you.  Looking at it now.

If you have an early excursion and obviously the ship is cleared I would guess at least the buffet may be open if not Blu.

53 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

If you have an early excursion and obviously the ship is cleared I would guess at least the buffet may be open if not Blu.

@Lisah101 gave a great suggestion with the app.  The buffet is open early.  I had the app but didn't realize it had menus and open times.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

@Lisah101 gave a great suggestion with the app.  The buffet is open early.  I had the app but didn't realize it had menus and open times.

Yes, we found the app a great help, opening times, etc.  we were in Luminae able to look on App for menus for n Blu, Luminae and MDR

28 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Yes, we found the app a great help, opening times, etc.  we were in Luminae able to look on App for menus for n Blu, Luminae and MDR

I can find menus for MDR on the app before the cruise.

I cannot find menus for Blu on the app before the cruise.

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Bacio normally opens at 0630. The daily program has the opening time for all food venues.

Edited by ozark74

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Al Bacio usually opens at 6:30 AM and has a nice selection of pastries.   Another option for the OP is the Spa Cafe which opens at 7:00 - 

23 hours ago, Lisah101 said:

When is this app available? Before boarding or only on once on the ship?

BonVoyage

Dawna

3 minutes ago, CruisinDawn said:

When is this app available? Before boarding or only on once on the ship?

BonVoyage

Dawna

I have an Iphone and know you can download the app today if you want.  Once you enter your Captain's Club info, if your cruise doesn't show up, you can add it using your reservation number.  The info before the cruise it limited but venues and times are open.  Menus and activities usually don't show up on mine until closer to the cruise itself.  Either that or I notice I'm seeing the menus for the current cruise on that ship and not my cruise.  At least it's something!

If your ship is listed as having the app up and running, your cruise will appear when you download the app and link the info (mine show up automatically - a cruise I put a deposit on today was on my app soon thereafter) and have some info, and I've found that info will increase as you get closer. There is a refresh button. I have one cruise several months away that has placeholder menus - the actual ones, reservations, ship's activities will appear closer to the cruise (and may be modified on the cruise so seems can't completely trust the menus/activities, but gives you an idea). 

My Apex cruises are listed on my cruise reservation page on the app, but I can't open them, because the Apex isn't one of the supported ships yet. I have a cruise on the Apex in a little over 4 months so hope they add it soon. Maybe it is because they have a few changes and need to announce those first.

I can follow along with current cruises of supported ships and see what their activities and menus are - some activities people have talked about and menus have matched up to live CC reports so I think they are probably fairly accurate. If you are on a similar cruise, that might be a good way to get an idea of chic nights, activities, etc. on your cruise. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

The app works prior to cruise but the meals will not be correct until 1-2 weeks prior to cruise.   You should however see your excursions, boarding pass, etc ore-cruise.    The Digital Key can only be activated on the ship as well as communications.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:53 AM, zitsky said:

0630-midnight

Edited by awhfy

23 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Al Bacio usually opens at 6:30 AM and has a nice selection of pastries.   Another option for the OP is the Spa Cafe which opens at 7:00 - 

I really like breakfast (and lunch) at the spa cafe.  Give it a try!