Allure Daycare for Under 3 year olds

Looking for some more information regarding the daycare for children under 3 years old. 

Does anyone have any pictures of the daycare?

Any additional information on costs?

We are looking to take a group excursion in St. Thomas for the day and leave the kids on the ship while we go enjoy a leisurely day but wanted to try and find out more information from anyone who may have some.

Under 3 is in the nursery.  I don't have a picture but it's right next to the regular camps.  It's small and has a play area and another section with cribs.  They have a TV and some toys.  The staff seem to enjoy playing with the kids.  

Pricing, I can't remember but it wasnt terrible.  $7 per hour maybe.  Possibly a bit more but not outrageous.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

During the day it is $6 per hour.  Evenings are $8 per hour.  Free if a parent stays so the child can play while supervised. 

Parents cannot go in the nursery. 

On allure the free area i completely separate from the drop off nursery. 

Google is your friend for photos and videos of the nursery just search any of the oasis ships, they're all pretty much the same. 

Hours are limited at the start of the cruise to ensure that everyone get a chance at booking something so go on the first day to register and book hours. 

When dropping off, you need to drop off anything the kid will need. They'll ask you what requirements you have, naps (when and where: crib/cot), snacks, bottles...they'll provide food, but you can provide your own if it's in a sealed packet. 

If you drop off on a port day and dont go on an excursion through royal, there's no guarentee they can get a hold of you. If you drop off and stay on the ship, they'll give you a ship phone so you can call them and they can call you at any time. 

6 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

Google is your friend for photos and videos of the nursery just search any of the oasis ships, they're all pretty much the same. 

Hours are limited at the start of the cruise to ensure that everyone get a chance at booking something so go on the first day to register and book hours. 

When dropping off, you need to drop off anything the kid will need. They'll ask you what requirements you have, naps (when and where: crib/cot), snacks, bottles...they'll provide food, but you can provide your own if it's in a sealed packet. 

If you drop off on a port day and dont go on an excursion through royal, there's no guarentee they can get a hold of you. If you drop off and stay on the ship, they'll give you a ship phone so you can call them and they can call you at any time. 

You can also give them (The Royal Babies & Tot's staff) your cell #...that is the best option and one that we have used.

16 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

What happens with the pier runners baby. ? Is it left shore side with passports 😲

A crew member is assigned to care for the child until the parents can rejoin the ship. An hourly rate will apply. 

12 minutes ago, GarlicBread said:

You can, but like I said, no guarentee they will get a hold of you. 

And even if they can, how do you quickly get back to the ship? They are not going to cancel the excursion for everyone else to get you back to your child in case of an emergency. Maybe I’m overly cautious and grandchildren are now adults but I wouldn’t have left them on the ship unless there were other relatives onboard. I’ll never forget a post several years ago on the family boards - family was going on an excursion and leaving toddler on board. At the last minute the father decided not to go. Toddler suddenly spiked a fever out of nowhere, went into convulsions and needed to be airlifted off the ship. Fortunately, it was fine in the end but that man was so grateful he opted to stay with his child. 

2 hours ago, gerif said:

And even if they can, how do you quickly get back to the ship? They are not going to cancel the excursion for everyone else to get you back to your child in case of an emergency. Maybe I’m overly cautious and grandchildren are now adults but I wouldn’t have left them on the ship unless there were other relatives onboard. I’ll never forget a post several years ago on the family boards - family was going on an excursion and leaving toddler on board. At the last minute the father decided not to go. Toddler suddenly spiked a fever out of nowhere, went into convulsions and needed to be airlifted off the ship. Fortunately, it was fine in the end but that man was so grateful he opted to stay with his child. 

Exactly. (I know it's going off topic a little, but that's discussion for you). The staff cant call you from the nursery/ao phone (it only works for ship numbers) I always left my phone in my cabin, but even if I took it to work, I cant call international numbers, then you have to track down the people with the authority and ability to get you a satellite phone. There was one time a parent left their number and they couldn't get through with the number they left.  (it wasnt life threatening but the kid needed parents there asap) luckily they were on a RC shore ex and with they were able to radio to shore and get in touch with the local company who arranged a taxi to get the parents back in less than an hour, not ideal but better than waiting for the 6 hours of the excursion. 

3 hours ago, gerif said:

I can’t imagine an airlift would’ve been necessary, although they are scary. https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Febrile-Seizures-Fact-Sheet

However, I wouldn’t leave young children on the ship while going on an excursion. I remember dropping our oldest off with childcare when she was a baby to go skiing, we’d pop in every hour or so, at on3 point she had vomited and had a fever.

10 hours ago, gerif said:

When we did this we didn't take an excursion...We were in Alaska and just walked around town and could have been back on the ship in a few minutes...Our little one was much happier napping....Each (parent/grandparent) has to decide given the circumstances with what they feel comfortable doing.