Jewelry Case?

mrsturkelton

I searched and couldn't find this anywhere, but what do you use for packing your jewelry?  I don't plan on taking any expensive items, but do like to change my earrings daily.  I want something to keep them from being damaged in my suitcase or becoming loose and winding up poking holes in my undies!

1 hour ago, mrsturkelton said:

I searched and couldn't find this anywhere, but what do you use for packing your jewelry?  I don't plan on taking any expensive items, but do like to change my earrings daily.  I want something to keep them from being damaged in my suitcase or becoming loose and winding up poking holes in my undies!

Although I don’t wear any costume jewelry I have seen many many jewelry rolls on

Amazon which would probably work for travel.

I use a jewelry roll as well. Its a little bulky, compared to putting jewelry in a Ziploc bag but it keeps things from getting tangled up and staying more organized. Plus the earring side only has room for 4 pairs of earrings so it kinda keeps me in check.😉

21 minutes ago, metoo said:

I have used this one for several years: Black Moroccan Travel Jewelry Organizer  I really like it.  The Container Store has it in different colors.  I've tried several different kinds of travel cases for jewelry, but this is one I like best.

Omigosh, that makes me feel inadequate that I carry mine in zipping bag 🙂 It's great looking!

On 11/20/2019 at 2:54 AM, Brownie54 said:

For earrings, if they're not too big, I use a Monday-Sunday pill container.

Me too, easily purchased on the cheap at a dollar store. I put the whole thing in a large zipper bag in case one of the compartments accidentally opens up. Bracelets and beaded necklaces go in my draw-string pouch. 

I use one like this:

image.png.b264af189707d3293dec1c06b57e3c1b.png

I used to use a pouch style case.  But a couple years ago I upgraded to this style because I wanted the rigidity to help prevent my jewelry from being crushed if an accident occurs with my backpack in which I carry all my valuables when boarding and debarking.  This case is about 5" x 5" x 2", and fits easily into the cabin safe.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2019 at 6:00 AM, STARFISH*4 said:

Each outfits jewelry goes into separate ziplock bags which are put into one of Joy Mangano’s zippered pouches from one of her beauty cases 

Omigosh,  I just saw this! I'm going wild and crazy on this 12 day cruise and taking two pairs of earrings and two bracelets and one silver bead necklace 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I used a jewelry roll for many years but lately I have been putting necklaces in tiny zip lock bags and then into a larger zip bag.  I found a small pill case that holds earrings--I usually only take 3 or 4 pairs--and rings,; it is hard-sides.

I have definitely cut back on how much jewelry I bring, which has made it all much easier.  Also have been leaving home most of my 'good' jewelry, so I don't worry about packing the costume jewelry in my luggage.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a friend that is a jewelry dealer. He keeps things in tiny ziplock pouches. That is what I do. Individual Pouches 1 for each earring if it contains any gems,  and then placed inside a ziplock sandwich bags to keep sets together. I do have several nice silk jewelry rolls but find this makes it easier to find the piece I want.  Like Nebr.cruiser, I do not take the good stuff along anymore. I do have a heck of a lot of nice costume jewelry that match my outfits and cheap bangles in every color that I wear. 
whatever you use, please make sure that the stones can not touch each other to avoid chipping which will devalue your gems considerably.

• Like 1

I have a soft sort of jewelry roll.....well, it is not a roll but it is a TRI-FOLD.....with a hangar at the top....I think I

got it at SteinMart  many, years ago and it still works well for me. I guess it would be called a Tri-fold organizer.

Holds everything I need....I bring quite a few earring choices and there are pockets inside that hold them....there

are enough slots that fit everything I want to bring:classic_smile: