Southampton Parking

darknightsdespiser

Going to be very brave and drive to Southampton next year (I live somewhere where a dual carriageway is a novelty!)  Looking at parking options; anyone going to point me in the direction of the most hassle free, closest, easiest to find etc etc.  I am travelling with my elderly Mum who can walk a short distance but don't want to be route marching her across a big car park to get to the ship.  Hope this makes sense, any suggestions gratefully received.

Parking4Cruises virtually the same operation as CPS but usually lot less money. On arrival at terminal drop your suitcases off with porters and leave your mother with your hand baggage and then you drive and meet P4C in short stay car park a short walk from terminal and walk back and meet your mum.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Parking4Cruises virtually the same operation as CPS but usually lot less money. On arrival at terminal drop your suitcases off with porters and leave your mother with your hand baggage and then you drive and meet P4C in short stay car park a short walk from terminal and walk back and meet your mum.

P4C gets my vote as well, the luggage and passenger drop off is adjacent to the departure lounge, so very little walking, and the short stay car park is fairly close as well.

If you stay one night pre-cruise at the Holiday Inn Herbert Walker Avenue you can get a parking inclusive deal and park in their car park while you are away. You park the car yourself at the back of the car park and keep your keys.  Taxi transfers are included both ways and you are given instructions how to access the return taxi and book your first taxi time for pick up from the hotel and wait in their reception.  I have tried CPS and Penguin both of which are good. To me though starting from Scotland you need a hotel pre-cruise for a number of reasons. I recommend all three systems but would still book a night in a hotel even if I went down the parking at the cruise terminal route.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

We use one of the Premier Inns, and then park with Parking4cruises - always seems to be the most cost effective and easiest option.  I can't be doing with  faffing about with taxis,  mini buses etc at the end of a cruise.  Also, you know your car will start, as they have to bring it back to the car park!  

Edited by wowzz

Just now, brillo said:

CPS is by far the most convenient and hassle free of the main parking options at Southampton and there is not a lot of difference in the cost.

The price difference becomes substantial on longer cruises.  On our upcoming 35 day cruise CPS are much more expensive than Parking4cruises. £180 more expensive!

We always book a hotel which allows us to park our car whilst we are away.  For us we much prefer this option as we can go shopping into Southampton in the morning whilst the Hotel looks after our luggage.  We then get a taxi down to the port.  The great thing about using a taxi is you skip all the queues as the taxi goes straight down the taxi lane to the terminal, you don't need to queue to park your car. Just hop out of the car give your luggage to the porters and into the terminal building.  When you return it is so easy. Either just get in a waiting taxi or call one when you get off the ship.  The taxi's are very quick to pick you up as they wait in the vicinity when they know there are ships in.  In the past when I have used cruise parking we have had to walk across a car park collect keys and then find our car.  This could involve a bit of walking which could be a problem if you have mobility issues.  We have found the taxi option, quicker , easier and  very straight forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

The price difference becomes substantial on longer cruises.  On our upcoming 35 day cruise CPS are much more expensive than Parking4cruises. £180 more expensive!

They have certainly been cheaper on all the 14 day cruises, that we normally take, as well, with the added benefit that you go straight to the drop off taxi point, rather than joining another queue to wait for CPS chauffeurs to return.

I’ve booked with holiday extras. Paid £112 for 14nights as apposed to Cps which were £162. Holiday extras have said that it is still the same people from

cps that will be doing my parking but I’m not 100% on that. But it was a good price and I’ve used them for airports and had no issues

7 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I’ve booked with holiday extras. Paid £112 for 14nights as apposed to Cps which were £162. Holiday extras have said that it is still the same people from

cps that will be doing my parking but I’m not 100% on that. But it was a good price and I’ve used them for airports and had no issues

I cannot see that you will be with CPS if booked with Holiday Extras and they are wrong in telling you that. The company do exactly the same service as P4C where you drop your luggage off at terminal and then take your car to short stay car park and look for the company red flag. P4C do exactly the same service and you have to go to the blue company flag. CPS take your car off you at side of terminal and are exclusive to Carnival cruise companies P&O, Cunard and Princess.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:53 PM, john watson said:

If you stay one night pre-cruise at the Holiday Inn Herbert Walker Avenue you can get a parking inclusive deal and park in their car park while you are away. You park the car yourself at the back of the car park and keep your keys.  Taxi transfers are included both ways and you are given instructions how to access the return taxi and book your first taxi time for pick up from the hotel and wait in their reception.  I have tried CPS and Penguin both of which are good. To me though starting from Scotland you need a hotel pre-cruise for a number of reasons. I recommend all three systems but would still book a night in a hotel even if I went down the parking at the cruise terminal route.

Regards John

Thanks, I have booked a Premier Inn outside Oxford for the night before so short journey only on the Saturday.

5 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Thanks, I have booked a Premier Inn outside Oxford for the night before so short journey only on the Saturday.

Oxford is a sensible distance from Southampton with good direct road access.  Check out time is usually pretty early and you need to try to some extent match it with allocated boarding time given to you by P&O.  If you are running a bit early or want a last minute stop before arriving at the docks Rownhams Service Area M27 is last one before Southampton Docks.  Illuminated road signs showing the ship's name will guide you to the correct dock gate and terminal.

Bon Voyage John

1 minute ago, john watson said:

Oxford is a sensible distance from Southampton with good direct road access.  Check out time is usually pretty early and you need to try to some extent match it with allocated boarding time given to you by P&O.  If you are running a bit early or want a last minute stop before arriving at the docks Rownhams Service Area M27 is last one before Southampton Docks.  Illuminated road signs showing the ship's name will guide you to the correct dock gate and terminal.

Bon Voyage John

Thank you!

33 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I cannot see that you will be with CPS if booked with Holiday Extras and they are wrong in telling you that. The company do exactly the same service as P4C where you drop your luggage off at terminal and then take your car to short stay car park and look for the company red flag. P4C do exactly the same service and you have to go to the blue company flag. CPS take your car off you at side of terminal and are exclusive to Carnival cruise companies P&O, Cunard and Princess.

this was the chat I had with them prior to booking. I have taken out cancellation cover just in case too. 

05:42:11 PM) Me: No sorry Southampton for a cruise not flight
(05:42:27 PM) Cheryl: Ah, ok thanks. I do apologise. One moment. 🙂
(05:44:28 PM) Cheryl: This is a port service, run by them at the port. 🙂
(05:44:33 PM) Cheryl: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
(05:46:03 PM) Me ok so it’s the official port company that ones called cps but you are just the middle man again. Would there be any discounts to me for booking parking at a cruise? I keep getting sent discounts but only seems to be for flights. I am a returning customer
(05:47:29 PM) Cheryl: You can use those discounts for the quotes for port parking also. It does depend on whether the product is discountable. You can use this code, which is a returning customer one: AX849

I do believe you may be correct though as you rightly say cps take car at side of the terminal not in the short stay car park. And this is what it says on the website. 

Arrival at Parking For Cruise Ships

Drive to your ship terminal to unload your luggage and drop off any extra passengers. Then drive to the Short Stay car park, which will be clearly signposted, and keep an eye out for a large red flag. This will lead you to the Parking for Cruise Ships driver who will collect your car and take it to their secured compound.

have I been diddled then? 😕

No not diddled at all, you have booked an alternative company offering a similar service to P4C and at a similar price which is well below the CPS price offered by P&O.  You are also getting, IMO as well as other satisfied customers, a better and faster service than CPS, although the driver will need to do a little bit of extra walking.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

No not diddled at all, you have booked an alternative company offering a similar service to P4C and at a similar price which is well below the CPS price offered by P&O.  You are also getting, IMO as well as other satisfied customers, a better and faster service than CPS, although the driver will need to do a little bit of extra walking.

I agree but it is wrong of Holiday Extras and Cheryl to give you the impression falsely that you will be booking with CPS.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:57 AM, majortom10 said:

I agree but it is wrong of Holiday Extras and Cheryl to give you the impression falsely that you will be booking with CPS.

With Holiday Extras you have a choice, both with independent company,s  meet and greet at the car park ( parking for cruise ships)  or park and ride with a company called Air lynx parking out side the terminal.

We use cruiseparksouthampton.co.uk. About 1 mike from port. They park your car under cover in their unit  for duration of cruise. Private taxi  to and from the port included in cost. Brilliant professional service at a lot less cost than CPS. 
We have used them numerous times and wouldn’t now use anyone else. 
e mail them at info@cruiseparksouthampton.co.uk for a quote. 

1 hour ago, so,ton saint said:

With Holiday Extras you have a choice, both with independent company,s  meet and greet at the car park ( parking for cruise ships)  or park and ride with a company called Air lynx parking out side the terminal.

Yes but none of them are CPS.