Oasis Amped Nov 24-Dec 1: Somewhat Live Review and Getting Ship Shape

Neeny12

On 11/19/2019 at 5:53 PM, Neeny12 said:

2016 was our last and only sailing on Oasis. We’ve been on Allure a few times and Harmony once. I’ll post photos and comments when I can.
We are so excited to see the new changes on Oasis.

I’m very excited to follow you. We were on Oasis last Dec. It was our first experience on a ship of her class. We were so worried that we wouldn’t like. Well, it was the exact opposite. NOw we have Harmony this Dec, Allure Dec 2020 and Oasis again March 2021. It may be awhile before we are back on Oasis but we are excited to see her amplification!

• Like 1

So today is final packing day, last minute laundry, groceries for the kids. Not kids really - in their 20’s. Neither drive right now so we’re stocking up. 

I’m home from work fighting a cold so hoping I will be on the mend before the flight on Saturday morning. Hopefully I won’t need it but I’ll have to grab a good decongestant for the flight. 
One more day of work, but I can’t complain, as it’s only my fourth week back.
I saw Matt’s videos and the ship looks like she is just about ready to go.

Thanks to everyone for following along and contributing answers. 💕

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

As of yesterday,  we still couldnt see or book entertainment on the Jan 12 Oasis

Ditto the Jan 5th sailing.  With the new itinerary, the excursion options are a total disaster still, too.  😞

I am SOO hoping they do away with Cats.  The fact that when you look up Oasis in many places it doesn't mention Cats any where makes me think/hope that the show will be replaced.   I know some people liked it, but it is clearly the most controversial of the shows they have.  I will tell you when I was last on Oasis, I tried to go see Cats and give it a try and I was one of many who walked out in the first 30 minutes.   It was a topic of discussion throughout the ship of how that show should be replaced.  I live in NY and would love to go on a refurbed Oasis, but also want to know that show is being changed up.  WHile it's obviously just one part of the overall experience, it is a decent piece of the onboard entertainment to many.  From a conversation I had with someone on board another Royal ship, it hasn't been advertised as they weren't sure if they were keeping it or replacing it.  One look at these boards would tell you that while many people do like it, many do not, and it would be a good idea to change it up as they typically do every five years anyway!   Fingers crossed, and looking forward to reading your review.  Curious if you hear any intel on that show being changed.  They do currently have on the royal audition site auditions for many parts in Cats, which points to them keeping the show, though they may have done that as some one else said they weren't keeping it since no auditions were going on in another thread, so who knows.   https://royalcaribbeanentertainment.com/productions/featured-shows/

Edited by Cruiseswithfamilyornot
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cruiseswithfamilyornot said:

I am SOO hoping they do away with Cats.  The fact that when you look up Oasis in many places it doesn't mention Cats any where makes me think/hope that the show will be replaced.   I know some people liked it, but it is clearly the most controversial of the shows they have.  I will tell you when I was last on Oasis, I tried to go see Cats and give it a try and I was one of many who walked out in the first 30 minutes.   It was a topic of discussion throughout the ship of how that show should be replaced.  I live in NY and would love to go on a refurbed Oasis, but also want to know that show is being changed up.  WHile it's obviously just one part of the overall experience, it is a decent piece of the onboard entertainment to many.  From a conversation I had with someone on board another Royal ship, it hasn't been advertised as they weren't sure if they were keeping it or replacing it.  One look at these boards would tell you that while many people do like it, many do not, and it would be a good idea to change it up as they typically do every five years anyway!   Fingers crossed, and looking forward to reading your review.  Curious if you hear any intel on that show being changed.  They do currently have on the royal audition site auditions for many parts in Cats, which points to them keeping the show, though they may have done that as some one else said they weren't keeping it since no auditions were going on in another thread, so who knows.   https://royalcaribbeanentertainment.com/productions/featured-shows/

I’m sailing on the 22 nd of December and Cats is showing up in my cruise planner for our sailing.

Pretty  sure that it’s staying.

350015CB-C5E3-49E7-AE47-FAF078D4BB90.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2019 at 12:51 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

If that was intermission, that was us. Otherwise, we tried to respect the cast and fellow cruisers by waiting until intermission. Couldn’t get out of there fast enough. 

Josh's exact words at intermission...

"Let's go get some popcorn." 

Me: "Okay"  

Him: "and not come back."  

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Cruiseswithfamilyornot said:

Thanks for letting us know.  I am disappointed of course, and very surprised actually based on  comments posted here and my own personal observations that they would extend Cats for more than 5 years.   I think it's a mistake.

I can't imagine not going on a ship because of one show that you don't like which comprises exactly 90 minutes of your time onboard?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I can't imagine not going on a ship because of one show that you don't like which comprises exactly 90 minutes of your time onboard?

I agree with you, that would never be the only reason.    I live in NY and do like the convenience of going out Cape Liberty.  But the itinerary from there(on oasis) is a cruise to the bahamas which has 4 sea days, and the ports are Port Canaveral, Bahamas, and Coco Cay.  Coco Cay is great, but the other two I've been to many times are just aren't on my list of things to do I'll say politely.   So it's really a balancing act and this would be a swaying factor for me, especially with that many port days.   Everything about cruising is personal preferences of course at the end of the day, and this is mine.   I'm really kind of dumbfounded that a show that has received this much criticism would be renewed more than anything else.

Edited by Cruiseswithfamilyornot

2 hours ago, Neeny12 said:

Welcome to South Beach🍹

Stayed at the Stanton a couple of weeks ago.  Great choice.  We had a slight problem at check in.  Opened the door to our room and there was a couple in the room, laying on the room, watching TV.  Went back to the lobby and they were genuinely mortified.  Apologized profusely and gave us a new room.  Went to our new room and neither key worked.  Back down to the lobby.  At this point, the General Manager Kristin was there.  She said she would come with us to the room to ensure no issues. She showed us into the room, pointed out various features, and asked how she could make it up to us for the problem.  I overheard her offering a free drink to another couple in the lobby who also had a problem, so I asked for a free drink for the 2 of us.  She instead put a $100 credit on our account so that we could enjoy drinks on the beach.  When we got to the beach, the beach manager (can't recall his name) was already aware of the problem that we had and set us up (for free) in clamshell bed by the water.  Great example of customer service done right.  Although we had problems, I will definitely be going back as a result.  Very convenient also to Joe's Stone Crab. 😁

Stanton1.jpg

Stanton2.jpg

• Like 3