Cruise Critic Community
NHCRUISIN

Beer on Equinox

Sailing on the Equinox in January, does anyone have a list of Beers that are available ? 

Are their any beers on draft ?

15 hours ago, NHCRUISIN said:

Sailing on the Equinox in January, does anyone have a list of Beers that are available ? 

Are their any beers on draft ?

On Celebrity's website under beverages you can view the PBP or the CBP. They both list a variety of beers that at least will give you an idea. 

I just looked it up yesterday under the drink packages on Celebrity website.  Hubby not too pleased....

2 minutes ago, kayehall said:

I just looked it up yesterday under the drink packages on Celebrity website.  Hubby not too pleased....

Sounds like it's time for Hubby to learn about wines, huh? Or maybe Chocolate martinis. That would do it, too.

29 minutes ago, K12Guy said:

Sounds like it's time for Hubby to learn about wines, huh? Or maybe Chocolate martinis. That would do it, too.

LMAO....last time hubby got into wine, he ended up in a fetal position by the hotel door....yes I did cover him with a blanket

I'm on the Equinox right now.  Tap beers I have seen are Heineken,  Heineken Light, New Castle and Strongbow.  Craft Social on 4 is the beer place.   Not on tap is Stella,  Blue Moon, Miller Light, Coors light, Sam Adams,  Barrel House, Goose Island,  Franzikaner.     Maybe more.. 

42 minutes ago, kayehall said:

What isn't he pleased with? Lack of selection? Those on offer etc? Pricing? 

6 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

I'm on the Equinox right now.  Tap beers I have seen are Heineken,  Heineken Light, New Castle and Strongbow.  Craft Social on 4 is the beer place.   Not on tap is Stella,  Blue Moon, Miller Light, Coors light, Sam Adams,  Barrel House, Goose Island,  Franzikaner.     Maybe more.. 

Pretty sure I saw Corona and Corona light.  Maybe Amstel

1 minute ago, Mynki said:

What isn't he pleased with? Lack of selection? Those on offer etc? Pricing? 

He is just pouting his favorite is not on the list.  Mich Ultra.  RCCL has it but he knows when we go on Celebrity he has to chose something else....

4 minutes ago, kayehall said:

He is just pouting his favorite is not on the list.  Mich Ultra.  RCCL has it but he knows when we go on Celebrity he has to chose something else....

I like Mich Ultra, Coors light tastes about the same.  Patron chaser is good too. 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

10 hours ago, kayehall said:

Your husband should use it as an opportunity to try new beers.... I have my favourites but always try a few new beers when I get on board.  I’m sure they’ll have some Belgian beers that will allow him to do the fetal position on board (10-15% alcohol).  If you have the drink package he can go nuts trying beers from all over the world.

10 hours ago, RickT said:

Your husband should use it as an opportunity to try new beers.... I have my favourites but always try a few new beers when I get on board.  I’m sure they’ll have some Belgian beers that will allow him to do the fetal position on board (10-15% alcohol).  If you have the drink package he can go nuts trying beers from all over the world.

We own a bar...LOL.  He is just old and set in his ways

I saw today that Craft Social has 40 craft beers.   I asked for Michelob Ultra in a couple of other bars the other day and they don't have it.

4 hours ago, kayehall said:

We own a bar...LOL.  He is just old and set in his ways

Now that is a shame! They have some really good European beers onboard. He's bound to like some if you can convince him to try them. :) 

1 hour ago, Swampbabe said:

No Mich Ultra? Tell him to get a bottle of water, same thing 😁

I used to drink Michelob before there was an "Ultra".  That was 30 years ago.  I wonder if I'd still like it?  I have classic package.  I'd be happy with Sam Adams and New Castle.

On 11/20/2019 at 12:59 PM, kayehall said:

Their selection is hit and miss across the fleet.  I like Mich Ultra too and was surprised when they had it on the Edge, they never had it on prior ships I sailed with them (even sailed Equinox 6 months prior and 5 months after)  They were all Caribbean sailings so that wasn't different, just the ship.

Guess the message here is don't rely on what to expect ...sadly.  And wine is not my friend either, a beer drinker trying to pace themselves drinking wine ... not always so easily accomplished :)

I have the classic drink package.  I'm impressed with what's available... beer wine and liquor.  It doesn't cover my favorite scotch, Macallan.

In my experience, selection across all beverages is hit and miss depending on the supply chain.

I have never been impressed with their beer selections.  The wine is ok for what it is.  And I wouldn't call their premium liquors top shelf.  But at the price I am paying for them relatively speaking, I think it fits the model.

Can someone remind me where the drink list is?  I'm on the website now, can't find it.

A good list of liquor is in another thread.

Edited by zitsky