Best Beach

ToriM13

Which island has the best beach to spend the day on?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Best Beaches

• Mahogany Bay
    • Grand Cayman
    • Cozumel

16 minutes ago, ToriM13 said:

Out of these 3 places, which has the best beach to spend the day at? 

Cozumel, Grand Cayman, or Mahogany Bay? 

Looking to decide which stop I should make a relaxing beach day. 

1.  Cozumel

1A Grand Cayman

2. Mahogany Bay

Normally I would move to ports board to get more input but not putting 3 places!

I'm partial to Roatan so Mahogany Bay is my number 1 but urge you to venture out on this beautiful island which has several beaches to spend the day. Second choice is Cayman for me

Edited by Host Carolyn

Grand Cayman has 7 mile beach which is easy to get to and very nice.   Just take a short cab ride.

We really enjoy West Bay Beach in Roatan. (Same as Tabyana as someone mentioned above.  But that is the cruise lines spot on the beach. not the actual name of the beach).    It is very nice and has very good snorkeling.  But it is crowded.  And it takes a bit to get there.   Cabs aren't regulated so its cheaper and easier.   Its better to get spot at a beach club so the vendors can't bother you.  The water is a great blue color.   There is a beach right when you get off the ship that carnival owns.  But its small and not nearly as nice IMO.  But it does make for an easy day.

Cozumel beaches are nice but not quite as pretty as the above two but still nice.  Cozumel has lots of beach clubs which many people like.  We have been to paradise beach and it has chairs/umbrellas, good food, water toys, etc.   

I would probably do a beach day in every port.  We had a great time at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel.  Mahogany Bay is okay for a free beach withing walking distance.  What I really enjoyed there was scuba diving.  Grand Cayman does have 7 mile beach, but for an interesting experience, head to Stingray City with a snorkel or scuba tour.  It's a lot of fun interacting with the rays.

1 hour ago, dmdiver said:

I would probably do a beach day in every port.  We had a great time at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel.  Mahogany Bay is okay for a free beach withing walking distance.  What I really enjoyed there was scuba diving.  Grand Cayman does have 7 mile beach, but for an interesting experience, head to Stingray City with a snorkel or scuba tour.  It's a lot of fun interacting with the rays.

This would be my vote as well. 3 beach days on a 7 day vacation definitely isn't excessive. An average port day for me would start at the beach, and then potentially stopping elsewhere on the trek back.

As with many islands, beaches can vary depending on where you are at. I've been to nice beaches at Cozumel, and so-so ones.

It's difficult to know which beach is the best without more information about what you are looking for.  7-mile Beach in Grand Cayman is amazing, however, depending on how many ships are in port, it can get crowded and loud in some areas.

In Mahogany Bay, setting up an excursion to Little French Key is a real blast, but again, it's crowded there.  It typically is a real party atmosphere.

In Cozumel, Isla Pasion is absolutely beautiful and never crowded, but you typically have to book an excursion through the ship to get there.  My family always taxis to Paradise Beach in Cozumel because it is only a 10 minute drive and we can stay as long as we want.  It isn't the clearest water in the world, but it has everything you need including chairs with umbrellas, a massive, beautiful pool and full facilities including a restaurant.

Good luck!

Brad