Latest Embarkation Time when Departing Next Day

Newbury newbie

I’ve put this question on my roll call but had no response. So I’m reposting here.

Does anyone know what Is the latest time we can turn up and embark on 15th Feb? Although we don’t sail until later on the 16th I guess they want youthrough by a certain time so they can shut the check-in desks.

This out of Hong Kong in Feb 2020. The inclination is to leave our hotel and get to the ship early on the 15th and come back off on the 16th to complete our HK sightseeing. But possibly thinking that we could finish HK on the 15th and embark say 17.00 or 18.00hrs.   Any advice?

We are leaving from Hong Kong in similar circumstances early next month, our documents contain this section:

image.png.8ce5b81122e3059c78c02129c96e4170.png

Now, given that the actual departure is the following day, it would seem at least possible that there is some flexibility, but since it is there in the docs I'd be inclined to contact Celebrity for an official comment as there are a lot of formalities around the handling of customs and border control which may well require specific boarding time limits that are out of their direct control.

If I understand your question your cruise starts on the 15th but doesn’t leave port until the 16th.... not sure if things have changed but a few years back my DW boarded at midnight (her flight was delayed).   Once onboard we were able to debark the ship the next morning as the departure time was 3:00 PM.

Best to call Celebrity and get a specific answer.

When we did the overnight in HK, on the second day, the actual time allowed off board was very tight (literally a couple of hours) as customs & immigration staff were onboard and were checking all paperwork. They actually delayed departure as they were requesting certain individuals to report to GS. Several tannoy announcements were made during the life drill stating we weren’t going anywhere until these pax had reported to the local authorities.

3 hours ago, villauk said:

When we did the overnight in HK, on the second day, the actual time allowed off board was very tight (literally a couple of hours) as customs & immigration staff were onboard and were checking all paperwork. They actually delayed departure as they were requesting certain individuals to report to GS. Several tannoy announcements were made during the life drill stating we weren’t going anywhere until these pax had reported to the local authorities.

was this recently or some time ago?

3 hours ago, villauk said:

We have a normal day of excursions scheduled for day 2 and deparature around 8pm so I don't think your experience was necessarily typical.

Do you recall what your scheduled sail-away time was?

6 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

was this recently or some time ago?

Christmas 2016.

5 hours ago, Mark_T said:

We have a normal day of excursions scheduled for day 2 and deparature around 8pm so I don't think your experience was necessarily typical.

Do you recall what your scheduled sail-away time was?

Ours wasn’t scheduled for that late on Millie; I can’t remember the exact time, but we did change our plans as it just wasn’t worth it to get off, especially as the port was a little way out. We did use the shuttle bus on the previous evening to visit the mall and refund our money left on the Octopus card (excellent investment). We’d already spent a few days in HK prior to the cruise (definitely worth it) and so we were not too bothered when we realised how few hours we had on that second morning. The lifeboat drill was also carried out on that day too.

We’re returning to HK next year.