New $14 per day fee with drink package perk???

catlover2027

I wrote a query to our on-line TA today, about a possible Celebrity cruise 9/15/2020, withe the 4 perks promo that Celebrity has been offering.  She wrote   "Also, Celebrity has a new policy with regards to the beverage package perk. When you have the beverage package as an amenity, they now have a fare supplement of $14 per person per day that goes along with that. This supplement would be included with your reservation balance at final payment time."   Anyone aware of this, when it starts (or started!) and how they will let you know about this new fee?????

Eileen Derrick

41 minutes ago, catlover2027 said:

I wrote a query to our on-line TA today, about a possible Celebrity cruise 9/15/2020, withe the 4 perks promo that Celebrity has been offering.  She wrote   "Also, Celebrity has a new policy with regards to the beverage package perk. When you have the beverage package as an amenity, they now have a fare supplement of $14 per person per day that goes along with that. This supplement would be included with your reservation balance at final payment time."   Anyone aware of this, when it starts (or started!) and how they will let you know about this new fee?????

Eileen Derrick

The $14 supplement only applies to the classic beverage package. I believe if you are booking the four perk promo then this will include the premium beverage package in which case the supplement does not apply. Your TA should have pointed that out I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Mynki said:

The $14 supplement only applies to the classic beverage package. I believe if you are booking the four perk promo then this will include the premium beverage package in which case the supplement does not apply. Your TA should have pointed that out I believe. 

That's not my understanding with the exception of suite guests. See FAQ #10 on the link posted upthread.

Edited by RichYak

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

It started 10/10/19 - lots of talk here leading up to it and after. Here is the brochure that explains it:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Beverage_Pkg_Perk_Price_Increase-Field-Trade_One_Pager.pdf

Thanks for that info - I've downloaded it.  My question is the fee seems to imply the fee is when the perk is purchased.  Does this also apply to a promo from a TA where the 4 perks are included in the booking fee quoted by the TA??

14 minutes ago, catlover2027 said:

Thanks for that info - I've downloaded it.  My question is the fee seems to imply the fee is when the perk is purchased.  Does this also apply to a promo from a TA where the 4 perks are included in the booking fee quoted by the TA??

As Mynki said, when someone gets the 4 perks as a package (used to be called Go Best) that you pay extra for when booking, the extra $14/day is not charged in addition (likely built into cost of the 4 perks somehow). The TA should double check that - he/she may be confused since it is so new. I have priced out a cruise with the 4 perks package and would have paid just that extra 4 perks price -  the extra $14/day did not show up in the final cost. Maybe a TA will come on with more info. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

20 hours ago, vtcruising said:

As Mynki said, when someone gets the 4 perks as a package (used to be called Go Best) that you pay extra for when booking, the extra $14/day is not charged in addition (likely built into cost of the 4 perks somehow). The TA should double check that - he/she may be confused since it is so new. I have priced out a cruise with the 4 perks package and would have paid just that extra 4 perks price -  the extra $14/day did not show up in the final cost. Maybe a TA will come on with more info. 🙂

TA here with more info :classic_biggrin: You are correct. Premium package does not have an extra charge. What we used to call Go Better (2 perks) now has the $14 per person, per day charge. It is built into the cost when you want two perks. Also, suite guests do not pay this charge. 

Jim

• Like 1