Anyone use the new "Priority Access" yet?

danak13

We have found the outside lines are long but once inside suite or plat. goes pretty quick. Curious how PA will work out with so very many others with suite or loyalty boarding ahead of them. We all wait together before entry to different lines. Now if we can skip the long wait outside (especially in Boston) that would be worth it for me :).

5 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

We have found the outside lines are long but once inside suite or plat. goes pretty quick. Curious how PA will work out with so very many others with suite or loyalty boarding ahead of them. We all wait together before entry to different lines. Now if we can skip the long wait outside (especially in Boston) that would be worth it for me :).

I know initially while it was being tested before going fleet wide (when the price was $99) I believe it was a ridiculously low number of passes for access like, 25 cabins (or 250 forget the #, but it was limited access), not sure what it is now.

Edited by NoobCroozer
  • Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 7:49 PM, prbffd28 said:

HI, I decided to give it a try as well not really knowing if it was going to be worth it or not. There hasn't been much discussion about this program from what I have been able to find anyway so not really sure how it is working. Hopefully someone reads this post and enlightens all of us! We're going February 9th on the Encore so still some time to get some feedback.

We have booked it for Jan. 19 cruise on the Encore. $179 for the entire cabin

2 hours ago, NoobCroozer said:

Ugh.....priority embarking is all I'm really interested in in NYC, and combing around online been reading either NCL staff had no idea what priority access was in port, or no marked locations, lines, announcements, etc (although I did see a pic somewhere with a lounge equipped solely for priority access, not sure where it was but def wasn't NYC, which is what I am concerned about). Hope you had a good trip! And thank you!

I have a Priority Access logo printed on my eDocs. I would assume you would board where the Platinum Plus and others go. If NCL is promoting this, they better have its act together or I will demand a refund. This worked well for us on Carnival (Faster to the Fun).

15 minutes ago, dshefter said:

I have a Priority Access logo printed on my eDocs. I would assume you would board where the Platinum Plus and others go. If NCL is promoting this, they better have its act together or I will demand a refund. This worked well for us on Carnival (Faster to the Fun).

Thanks!

20 hours ago, NoobCroozer said:

I know initially while it was being tested before going fleet wide (when the price was $99) I believe it was a ridiculously low number of passes for access like, 25 cabins (or 250 forget the #, but it was limited access), not sure what it is now.

Glad to see it will be a limited number of cabins. Though with so many folks with higher latitude levels not sure it would make that much of a difference. Looking forward to hearing about this in the near future. When we don't get a suite we can board before our boys as plat. level but if this works out maybe we could get them PA's in the future until they get to our level at least. We shall see how things work out and how NCL determines who gets the offer.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, hbe30 said:

I was wondering if Haven guests have their own security  lines?

Depends on the port, terminal, etc.  On our last cruise, we did not (see picture).  But folks using a different terminal in the same port a week later did.

IMG_1141.JPG

13 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Depends on the port, terminal, etc.  On our last cruise, we did not (see picture).  But folks using a different terminal in the same port a week later did.

IMG_1141.JPG

Thanks for your reply. We will be sailing out of Miami in Feb.

3 minutes ago, NickCanadian said:

I purchased priority access and just off this past weekend and we were put ahead of Haven, Diamond and Platinum passengers for all services. The best perk was boarding to an empty ship and being first off to catch early flight. Well worth it IMHO

Wow!!! What ship was this?! 

9 minutes ago, NickCanadian said:

NCL Escape... why wow? I paid 179 for this perk!

Wow because elsewhere I've seen reports that the paid Priority Access boards basically last in order of other priority passengers. 

No hate - I've also purchased and was secretly hoping it was the Getaway (I board in a week!).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickCanadian said:

I purchased priority access and just off this past weekend and we were put ahead of Haven, Diamond and Platinum passengers for all services. The best perk was boarding to an empty ship and being first off to catch early flight. Well worth it IMHO

I guess you were ahead of the Haven guests because they were still sipping on their Champagne, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NickCanadian said:

Where did you board? Think I’m going to go for it. BTW, that’s messed up to put P/A ahead of those that have been loyal to NCL.... I could see going after them, but before everyone else.... but I’ll take it!

Edited by NoobCroozer

18 hours ago, NickCanadian said:

NCL Escape... why wow? I paid 179 for this perk!

I will be a bit disappointed with NCL if this is the way they handle it.  Why wow?  Because as a Platinum Plus I earned it and because we are not offered the chance to purchase priority access.  I am happy for you but I believe this is going to cause major upset with not only those with loyalty benefits but with those that pay big money (more than $179) to sail in suites....

• Like 3

I can see it now...the status labels are going to start flying out at the embarkation ports if they see those that paid for this "perk" going on before them. Heaven forbid someone is on the ship 20 minutes before they are. Quite frankly I wish cruiselines would simply allow B2B cruisers, then suites, then everyone else, depending on when they checked in, not how much they cruise...period!

22 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

I can see it now...the status labels are going to start flying out at the embarkation ports if they see those that paid for this "perk" going on before them. Heaven forbid someone is on the ship 20 minutes before they are. Quite frankly I wish cruiselines would simply allow B2B cruisers, then suites, then everyone else, depending on when they checked in, not how much they cruise...period!

I do tend to agree with you....B2B then suites and if they are not going to give loyalty priority then give them the option to buy the priority access.....

• Like 3

I did get the Priority Access for my January Escape sailing. The Haven and other high loyalty folks should get on before someone that purchased a perk IMHO. Still peeved at NCL for not recognizing my sailings prior to 1995. I'd be a Platinum for this sailing. Oh well I'm still on the ship having a ball 😀🍸🙃

• Like 3