Pet Peeves In Luminae and Elsewhere

Plato123

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

The trend now is to keep shirts out, advertising and a successful company established just for that.

UNTUCKit shirts are designed to be worn untucked—no tucking or tailoring required. ... With more than 50 sizing options and styles ranging from classic short-sleeve shirts to performance button-downs, everyone can enjoy the perfect fit and comfortable feel of the Original Untucked Shirt.
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, varoo said:

UNTUCKit shirts are designed to be worn untucked—no tucking or tailoring required. ... With more than 50 sizing options and styles ranging from classic short-sleeve shirts to performance button-downs, everyone can enjoy the perfect fit and comfortable feel of the Original Untucked Shirt.

WARNING.  The link in the above post took me to a spam page the first time I clicked on it.  And yes I have virus/malware protection.

Edit:  $99 to pull my shirt out?  I think I'll pass.

Edit2:  Untucked shirts will be the fashion mistake of the decade. 

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:

The trend now is to keep shirts out, advertising and a successful company established just for that.

I think the look is fine on some, but sloppy on a body not suited to it (no pun intended).  Also, when they wear untucked it's a shirt MADE to the specs, not a long shirt just left hanging out. 

41 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

I think the look is fine on some, but sloppy on a body not suited to it (no pun intended).  Also, when they wear untucked it's a shirt MADE to the specs, not a long shirt just left hanging out. 

I'm starting to hyperventilate when I think of all the fashion faux pas I'll see on a Celebrity cruise.  I don't know how I can enjoy the trip.  Maybe if I get that First class upgrade on my 2 hour flight, then perhaps I can have a drink and calm down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

WARNING.  The link in the above post took me to a spam page the first time I clicked on it.  And yes I have virus/malware protection.

Edit:  $99 to pull my shirt out?  I think I'll pass.

Edit2:  Untucked shirts will be the fashion mistake of the decade. 

That's why I avoided putting their name in my post, actually a violation.    I do have a couple of their shirts and they are really nice and comfortable and didn't pay anywhere near $99.    They are opening stores all over, just opening one in New Jersey near my daughters house. 

4 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

That's why I avoided putting their name in my post, actually a violation.    I do have a couple of their shirts and they are really nice and comfortable and didn't pay anywhere near $99.    They are opening stores all over, just opening one in New Jersey near my daughters house. 

You mean.... they're going to sell these shirts *everywhere*.  More people are going to wear them?  (Swoon)

49 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'm starting to hyperventilate when I think of all the fashion faux pas I'll see on a Celebrity cruise.  I don't know how I can enjoy the trip.  Maybe if I get that First class upgrade on my 2 hour flight, then perhaps I can have a drink and calm down.

...young bodies can wear (or not wear) just about anything.  They look fine in the new 'made to be untucked' shirts.  Re faux pas....several drinks close one's eyes (literally) to a lot of things.  Any 'upgrade' is to be enjoyed these days when the economy seats are made for the aforementioned young skinny bodies without long legs...LOL.

3 hours ago, cruznjan said:

A gentleman at our table told the photographer to leave him alone and let him eat in peace.

That is a rude remark.  Just say no thank you.  The photographer is just doing his/her job.  Ad sometimes the pictures are really very good- a nice memory if you want to purchase- If however, you are  married and sailing with somebody else's significant other- a bad idea to take a picture! lol.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

That is a rude remark.  Just say no thank you.  The photographer is just doing his/her job.  Ad sometimes the pictures are really very good- a nice memory if you want to purchase- If however, you are  married and sailing with somebody else's significant other- a bad idea to take a picture! lol.

He was annoyed at the having his meal interrupted.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Can you please tell me where and when your next cruise is?  I'd like to follow you around with a camera and take pictures.  I'm sure you don't mind.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Can you please tell me where and when your next cruise is?  I'd like to follow you around with a camera and take pictures.  I'm sure you don't mind.  

Actually, we always take the unlimited photo package and in addition to our own pictures, come home with a couple of hundred professional photos!  You do not scare me.  LOL    My next cruise is about 5 1/2 weeks! But on Royal- Next Celebrity cruise March!  

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Actually, we always take the unlimited photo package and in addition to our own pictures, come home with a couple of hundred professional photos!  You do not scare me.  LOL    My next cruise is about 5 1/2 weeks! But on Royal- Next Celebrity cruise March!  

But see, now you don't have to pay for them!  🙂

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

There's the difference. You elect to take the photo package so I would think you would want the armature photographers taking as many Kodak moments as possible no matter where you are or what you're doing. Well maybe not everything you're doing. 😉 We don't. I always say no thank you. But sometimes there has been an occasion when there has been a few that doesn't understand the polite no thank you. And it has nothing to do with the language barrier. 

Edited by davekathy

Driving  to a store today we drove past the HS.   It must have been lunch or recess.   Most  of the girls were wearing jeans with rips in them.  

I went to school  in the 50s and 60s.   Never wore jeans or clothes with holes in them to school.   

I worked in a factory in maintenance and if my clothes got ripped It was thrown out and replaced 

Even today I don’t  wear clothes with holes even if working around the house as it is unsafe because it can be caught on something and cause a injury.

The fashion industry with their marketing influences and targets the weak that want to fit in or be different which is a joke because they want to be different but also the same as others.  

On cruises it is different.  Passengers have to dress appropriately.   Why ?   Because  it is the rules that they agreed to when they  signed up for the crusie. 

Why is it so hard to do that?  

Problem today is no one respects or abides by any rules or laws.   Look at the idiots driving on the freeways, those that don’t stop for school buses, run over fire hoses, try to out run the police,  it can go on and on.  

How about the chair hogs?   Is that any different than following any other rules.   Washing hands after using the bathroom?    Or using tongs In the buffet?  

Those that don’t follow one rule probably don’t follow a lot of the others that are required on a cruise line.

Where  does it start?   With the little things.   My grandmother caught me “stealing” a cookie.   She said stealing a cookie is stealing and if I keep it up it will lead to other things and I will eventually end up in jail.    Never stolen anything since.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, miched said:

Driving  to a store today we drove past the HS.   It must have been lunch or recess.   Most  of the girls were wearing jeans with rips in them.  

I went to school  in the 50s and 60s.   Never wore jeans or clothes with holes in them to school.   

I worked in a factory in maintenance and if my clothes got ripped It was thrown out and replaced 

Even today I don’t  wear clothes with holes even if working around the house as it is unsafe because it can be caught on something and cause a injury.

The fashion industry with their marketing influences and targets the weak that want to fit in or be different which is a joke because they want to be different but also the same as others.  

On cruises it is different.  Passengers have to dress appropriately.   Why ?   Because  it is the rules that they agreed to when they  signed up for the crusie. 

Why is it so hard to do that?  

Problem today is no one respects or abides by any rules or laws.   Look at the idiots driving on the freeways, those that don’t stop for school buses, run over fire hoses, try to out run the police,  it can go on and on.  

How about the chair hogs?   Is that any different than following any other rules.   Washing hands after using the bathroom?    Or using tongs In the buffet?  

Those that don’t follow one rule probably don’t follow a lot of the others that are required on a cruise line.

Where  does it start?   With the little things.   My grandmother caught me “stealing” a cookie.   She said stealing a cookie is stealing and if I keep it up it will lead to other things and I will eventually end up in jail.    Never stolen anything since.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

OMG. SO TEMPTED.

OK BO..... would I get deleted and banned for that?

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”
 Socrates

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2019 at 1:11 PM, PTC DAWG said:

Once a tomato is chilled, the flavor is not coming back.  It is what it is.  Homegrown tomatoes will spoil a person.  

+1.  About a decade after I moved from my house (with a vegetable garden) to a condo, long enough to forget!, a friend gave me half a bushel of homegrown tomatoes.  I had forgotten how flavorful they were, and I could not enjoy a store-bought tomato again.

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We've been on several cruises where a polite "no thank you" didn't work for the photographers.  I understand the photographers are doing their jobs but I also believe that if people want photos taken they will seek out the photographers.   

• Like 3

7 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

I agree, everyone can't do it.  When you wrote your post I don't know why but I had visions 90 year old men or women in speedo's.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, zitsky said:

A paid employee vs a fellow guest?  Two different things entirely. And you know that once the cruise is over those photos taken by the photographers are wiped?

I agree with Cruise a holic that the response was just plain rude.  I hate to see staff onboard the ship who are trying to do what is probably a pretty youth job at times treated like that. No time for it.  And I’ll also say that I have never found the photographers to be invasive.  Just say “no thank you”. Easy.

Phil

• Like 3

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

There's the difference. You elect to take the photo package so I would think you would want the armature photographers taking as many Kodak moments as possible no matter where you are or what you're doing. Well maybe not everything you're doing. 😉 We don't. I always say no thank you. But sometimes there has been an occasion when there has been a few that doesn't understand the polite no thank you. And it has nothing to do with the language barrier. 

Having hired some professional photographers for weddings and special parties at home, some of the ship photographers are really great- others just do the same old same old and do not care as much.   So those photos aren't used in our album.  Still a nice memory of our trip which we share with our family and friends when we get home- our latest cruise album is our coffee table book!  Perhaps some day our grandchildren will enjoy reviewing when we "move on"-