Pet Peeves In Luminae and Elsewhere

Plato123

Do people really get so offended by how others cruisers dress?  Or are they offended by other cruisers not following "the rules"?  Either way it is a cruise.  I prefer to just worry about my own clothes not being wrinkled from the suitcase.  

• Like 6

11 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

A paid employee vs a fellow guest?  Two different things entirely. And you know that once the cruise is over those photos taken by the photographers are wiped?

I agree with Cruise a holic that the response was just plain rude.  I hate to see staff onboard the ship who are trying to do what is probably a pretty youth job at times treated like that. No time for it.  And I’ll also say that I have never found the photographers to be invasive.  Just say “no thank you”. Easy.

Phil

I agree.  Let's try to make the world a better place by being polite to all.  I've been on a few Celebrity cruises in my day and have never experienced a photographer who pushed past a polite no thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Do people really get so offended by how others cruisers dress?  Or are they offended by other cruisers not following "the rules"?  Either way it is a cruise.  I prefer to just worry about my own clothes not being wrinkled from the suitcase.  

people get so offended because it makes them feel good.  Righteous indignation is intoxicating; it's a great feeling.  To be wrathful and angry in a socially acceptable context.  Basically the driving force behind clickbait and half the internet and the political arena.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Having hired some professional photographers for weddings and special parties at home, some of the ship photographers are really great- others just do the same old same old and do not care as much.   So those photos aren't used in our album.  Still a nice memory of our trip which we share with our family and friends when we get home- our latest cruise album is our coffee table book!  Perhaps some day our grandchildren will enjoy reviewing when we "move on"- 

We have too and that's why I call the ships photographers amateurs with expensive cameras. My opinion. We also have loads of pictures taken and purchased over the years of cruising in different settings and locations. When we cruise with RC we get a couple free pictures per cruise. Anyway "our pet peeve" and my point is we don't like our pictures taken in the MDR. We would never purchase the photo package but if we did, we still wouldn't have our pictures taken in the MDR.  Glad to see others on this thread agree.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Raising hand.  I was offended and I wasn't even there.  😂

Don't men take their hats of in the presence of a lady?  That should have gotten his attention?

Why can women wear hats indoors but not men?

You make a good point. 

Men can go shirtless on deck. I believe women should be afforded the same privilege. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

How much are photos if you want just a few?

We paid $199 all pictures digitally !!!  We get a email how to access the pictures,  when we get home.   Then we transfer them to our computer, to our favorite album vendor.  If you take, for example 200 pictures, not all will be great and only use 50 to 60 for your album- you do the math!  The only "bargain" on the ship.  

11 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Perhaps you can pack some moths in the suitcase that can eat holes in the clothes and then you'll be "stylin!"😜🤣

20 hours ago, UnorigionalName said:

people get so offended because it makes them feel good.  Righteous indignation is intoxicating; it's a great feeling.  To be wrathful and angry in a socially acceptable context.  Basically the driving force behind clickbait and half the internet and the political arena.

So true.  But people hide behind the keyboard.  Most would not directly confront somebody wearing a baseball cap to Luminae or anywhere else for dinner.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Perhaps you can pack some moths in the suitcase that can eat holes in the clothes and then you'll be "stylin!"😜🤣

I just got a mental image of mothballs in my suitcase.  I have not seen or smelled them since I was a kid!:classic_smile:

24 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

So true.  But people hide behind the keyboard.  Most would not directly confront somebody wearing a baseball cap to Luminae or anywhere else for dinner.

There is no keyboard to hide behind on the ship.  Just ask the manager what the dress code is.

On 11/21/2019 at 4:59 PM, SunsetPoint said:

Pretentious?  The definition of pretentious is "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed."  My thinking is that those wearing a tux on a cruise actually DO possess/display classiness and culture.  I've seen some guys looking a bit bent out of shape when others wear tuxes, but it's usually because it catches the approving glances of their other half.  LOVE to see guys in tuxes!  (Or put 'em in a kilt and a Prince Charlie jacket and... WOW!!!)

Heard that Celebrity will be in stalling floor mirrors to the entrances of all restaurants.

This is to check what a kilt wearer has underneath, no undies - your out.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, G.M.T. said:

Heard that Celebrity will be in stalling floor mirrors to the entrances of all restaurants.

Wearing something under a kilt in Scotland could get you deported 🤣🤣🤣 

6 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

What is worn under a kilt?   Nothing!   Everything is in fine operating condition.  🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅