Reporting from Riviera

ORV

On 11/29/2019 at 5:40 AM, Kate-AHF said:

Music is as personal as dining.  

Yes, taste in music is a personal preference - just like many other things. It is impossible to please everyone - especially when the group is large and of various ages.

4 hours ago, rhohea said:

Can someone on board Riviera tell me who the Food & Beverage Manager is and also who the Exec. Concierge is.

Embarking Dec 5th through to Jan 5th.

Thank you in advance.

Rhohea

Last cruise on Nov 15th, it was Freddy - not sure of last name.  Very personable and approachable.  Maybe Orv can ask if Freddy is still on.

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Are you drinking your breakfast again 😀

Actually I was doing it from memory, instead of looking at the sheet. 

4 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Last cruise on Nov 15th, it was Freddy - not sure of last name.  Very personable and approachable.  Maybe Orv can ask if Freddy is still on.

I think it's the same one, but I thought his name was Farid. But then we see how my memory is. 

One thing I didn't mention is that the tenders now have curtains and matching cushions on the seats. When we were on Marina they didn't have this, maybe part of the refurb. 

They also have introduced the new menu at Waves, as of yesterday . I'll  post a picture later. There is also a grill with skewers and other things, as well as a table of sandwiches and salads. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ORV said:

There is also a grill with skewers and other things, as well as a table of sandwiches and salads. 

Are the sandwiches pre-made or made to order?

I personally have a problem with pre-made ones as they often contain tomatoes and they cannot be simply removed (unlike, say, lettuce could be). Hence, made to order sandwiches would be much more preferable to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

...They also have introduced the new menu at Waves, as of yesterday . I'll  post a picture later. There is also a grill with skewers and other things, as well as a table of sandwiches and salads. 

This makes me happy.  Hope they roll it out on Marina too this week.

8 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

Yes, taste in music is a personal preference - just like many other things. It is impossible to please everyone - especially when the group is large and of various ages.

but the difference with food and music is that you are never really forced to consume food (I hope) and there are choices, but piped music leaves you with forced consumption with no choice

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

not fond of premade sandwiches either

I guess it depends on how long they sit  there waiting  for someone to pick them

And what kind of sandwich? The bread can get soggy quite easily.

Unlike Paul, I like tomatoes. However, I dislike totally unripened ones, so therefore would rather see them first before deciding to take them!

We’re only aboard for lunch on sea, and the GDR is open. Starving is never an option on Oceania!😂

Edited by pinotlover

19 minutes ago, clo said:

And what kind of sandwich? The bread can get soggy quite easily.

Well, we'll find out in 5 days.  It's entirely possible they will screw it up, I'll wait 5 days to find out.  I like fine dining as much as anyone else, but one of my main beefs with lunch is that..." sometimes all you want is a ham sandwich"*.  I did not like the little sandwich slices they had in the Terrace.  Or baristas for that matter.  Or the Concierge lounge.

*with acknowledgement to Mark M.

Edited by Kate-AHF

5 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Well, we'll find out in 5 days.  It's entirely possible they will screw it up, I'll wait 5 days to find out.  I like fine dining as much as anyone else, but one of my main beefs with lunch is that..." sometimes all you want is a ham sandwich"*.  I did not like the little sandwich slices they had in the Terrace.  Or baristas for that matter.  Or the Concierge lounge.

*with acknowledgement to Mark M.

or it's "entirely possible" they will  get it right and make delicious sandwiches for those that want......

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

." sometimes all you want is a ham sandwich"*.

Shh, now don't tell anyone...but when we were on the 100 pax Hurtigruten ship in March, a couple of times I took a slice or two of meat and cheese from their breakfast buffet and made a sandwich for my lunch! (Who is Mark M.?)

12 hours ago, clo said:

Shh, now don't tell anyone...but when we were on the 100 pax Hurtigruten ship in March, a couple of times I took a slice or two of meat and cheese from their breakfast buffet and made a sandwich for my lunch! (Who is Mark M.?)

Did you take it off the ship?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Did you take it off the ship?

Oh no. As is typical outside the US, breakfast buffets frequently have meats and cheeses. But they didn't have them at lunch and I didn't always want a 'hot' lunch. I think I did it twice. Our dining stewards liked the idea 🙂

IMG_6800 - Edited.jpg

23 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Freddy is the restaurant manager, not F&B.    Very nice man.