Allure coming to Galveston!

JBSteelerfan

Just read in another post, the NextCruise desk is saying the dates for Allure of the Seas to start sailing from Galveston are loaded into the system, but not open for booking yet.  Supposed to arrive in Galveston in November 2021.  Hope the new terminal will be ready by then.

53 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Just read in another post, the NextCruise desk is saying the dates for Allure of the Seas to start sailing from Galveston are loaded into the system, but not open for booking yet.  Supposed to arrive in Galveston in November 2021.  Hope the new terminal will be ready by then.

November 10 2021 

14 minutes ago, lakegamma said:

From what I understand it must wait until the new terminal is finished because it is too big to come into the current terminals.

Terminal construction begins April 2020 and will take 18 months . 

Edited by ssb

• 3 weeks later...

Open to book!  We just booked Nov 10 and Nov 14.  The first 2 cruises out of Galveston on her.  They better get the port ready cause here we come!  It wasn’t as cheap as Liberty but we assumed it wouldn’t be.  I will watch for price drops.  It will be great to get our bearings on her and see a show or 2 the first four days then relax the 7 days. And no flying for us!  Yeah!

Am I reading this right? After a four day cruise to Cozy ( that will be an awesome first time cruise experience), the Allure will be on a Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozy nominal route?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?country=USA&departureCode_GAL=true&shipCode_AL=true

No way Royal is abandoning the seven Jamaica, and Grand Cayman route. So will there be three Royal ships at Galveston?

On 12/27/2019 at 9:10 AM, longhorn2004 said:

Am I reading this right? After a four day cruise to Cozy ( that will be an awesome first time cruise experience), the Allure will be on a Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozy nominal route?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?country=USA&departureCode_GAL=true&shipCode_AL=true

No way Royal is abandoning the seven Jamaica, and Grand Cayman route. So will there be three Royal ships at Galveston?

From what I gather, Adventure will be doing the 4-and 5-night cruises, with Enchantment winding up in San Juan, so there will be only two ships, but with considerably larger passenger counts. I don't think they'd mess with Galveston, since it's currently RC's fourth most active port (the other three are in Florida). 

22 minutes ago, jewopaho said:

From what I gather, Adventure will be doing the 4-and 5-night cruises, with Enchantment winding up in San Juan, so there will be only two ships, but with considerably larger passenger counts. I don't think they'd mess with Galveston, since it's currently RC's fourth most active port (the other three are in Florida). 

Remember Carnival will have four year around ships , Disney committed long term and Royal committed long term, 
and  other lines want in ALSO . 

Royal to compete to win is going to have to continue stepping up to plate and be creative with itineraries . And more ships .  Hopefully some loss leaders to fill ship for all those Existing onboard profits programs. 

Competition and  pricing are going to be interesting. 

Enchantment will be long gone . Jewel may be short term in interim . Adventure leaves to Copenhagen before Allure arrives . 

Edited by ssb

I agree ... but saturating the market could backlash. Adding yet another ship would require luring more than 3000 or so passengers each week ... and given the capacities of Oasis- and Voyager-class ships, it would be a tall order. This is a huge jump forward for Royal (including that $100 million investment in the port and the $165 million renovation of Allure) ... comparative baby steps in the overall scheme of things, but nevertheless a considerable commitment to the Galveston market. 

12 minutes ago, jewopaho said:

I agree ... but saturating the market could backlash. Adding yet another ship would require luring more than 3000 or so passengers each week ... and given the capacities of Oasis- and Voyager-class ships, it would be a tall order. This is a huge jump forward for Royal (including that $100 million investment in the port and the $165 million renovation of Allure) ... comparative baby steps in the overall scheme of things, but nevertheless a considerable commitment to the Galveston market. 

Yes Royal  seems to be in catch 22 . And always behind Carnival in progress . But a possible 60 year commitment including options with the investments in terminal and ships home porting , they are in the game . A 20 year committed lease on ground and the lease back on terminal , means fill those ships for covering fixed overhead and for profit To pay those costs . 

. They are not going any where . 

Edited by ssb

On 12/28/2019 at 12:54 PM, jewopaho said:

That is a big jump in cabins out of Galveston, with the second ship being the size of the Navigator. Maybe Royal is giving up on Jamaica's Fallmouth from Galveston. Can't believe they are giving up that route. Some routes out of Galveston include Grand Cayman , Cozy and Costa Maya or Central America.

Maybe Royal will come up with their own Galverston -Bahamas routing but stopping at Labadee instead of Key West.

On 12/28/2019 at 1:24 PM, ssb said:

Yes Royal  seems to be in catch 22 . And always behind Carnival in progress . But a possible 60 year commitment including options with the investments in terminal and ships home porting , they are in the game . A 20 year committed lease on ground and the lease back on terminal , means fill those ships for covering fixed overhead and for profit To pay those costs . 

. They are not going any where . 

Royal might be counting on that new terminal improving the customer service experience increasing pax loadings. Or it could be the demand was always there but Royal did not have the assets and facilities to take advantage of it.

On 12/30/2019 at 12:21 PM, longhorn2004 said:

Royal might be counting on that new terminal improving the customer service experience increasing pax loadings. Or it could be the demand was always there but Royal did not have the assets and facilities to take advantage of it.

Both are accurate! The demand has always been there With Carnival having 4 full time ships in Galveston .