Cruise Critic Community
Keith1010

New Crystal Cruises APP

THE RENOWNED CRYSTAL EXPERIENCE GOES DIGITAL AS THE

COMPANY LAUNCHES SIGNATURE APP

The new app puts the World of Crystal at travelers’ fingertips

MIAMI, November 21, 2019  Now available on the iOS platform for iPhone, a world of award-winning Crystal Experiences is available through the new Crystal Cruises app, which launched today. Through the new digital platform, travelers can explore hundreds of voyages by Ocean, River, Yacht and Expedition, as well as itinerary details and onboard amenities and experiences.

Once users select and download the free Crystal Cruises app via the App Store, they are welcomed to a home screen with three navigation options: “Explore Crystal,” “I Have Not Yet Booked” and “I Am on Board.” The first two of these choices offer different avenues of perusing the worldwide itineraries Crystal ships sail, while the latter is only functional while users are on board a Crystal ship and leads to an array of info specific to their voyage – ship details and deck plans; officers; movies, music, newspapers and magazines; enrichment presentations; points of interest and weather; spa; dining and more.

“We created the Crystal app to cater to the many savvy travelers who are constantly on the go and appreciate having all the information and choices available at their fingertips, when and where they choose,” said Carmen Roig, Crystal’s senior vice president of marketing and sales. “It’s another facet to the intuitive and anticipatory experience that guests enjoy aboard our ships, further streamlining the process of finding the very best journeys for each traveler.”

Through the app, users can also access Crystal’s library of digital brochures and detailed information and distinctions of each brand experience – Crystal Cruises, Crystal River Cruises, Crystal Yacht Cruises and Crystal Expedition Cruises. They can navigate the Voyage Finder to select itineraries specific to the dates, destinations, themes and special offers that best suit them. Once they have selected their preferred voyage, they can choose to be connected to a Crystal travel advisor to continue the booking process. 

Currently, more than 800 global voyages of award-winning, all-inclusive Crystal luxury are open for booking, including the remainder of 2019, 2020 and 2021 for Crystal River Cruises, plus 2022 and early 2023 for Crystal Cruises, Crystal Expedition Cruises and Crystal Yacht Cruises. 

About Crystal

Only the world-renowned Crystal Experience offers an unwavering, unparalleled standard of excellence and luxury across four distinct cruising options: Crystal Cruises, the World’s Most Awarded Luxury Cruise Line; Crystal River Cruises, the World’s Most Luxurious River Cruise Line; Crystal Yacht Cruises, offering boutique luxury and bold adventure in the world’s most elite harbors; and Crystal Expedition Cruises, taking Crystal’s acclaimed elegance to the farthest reaches of the world. Crystal has been recognized with top honors in the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards for a record 26 years including, in 2019, for Best Medium-Ship Cruise Line for Crystal Cruises, Best Small-Ship Cruise Line for Crystal Yacht Cruises and Best River Cruise Line for Crystal River Cruises. Crystal was also voted “World’s Best” by the readers of Travel + Leisure for 20 years; and won “Cruise Line of the Year” and “Most Luxurious Guest Experience” by Virtuoso for 2018 & 2019. Crystal is proud to be a platinum partner of the advisors of ASTA.

For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel advisor, call 888.799.2437, or visit www.crystalcruises.comJoin the hundreds of thousands who subscribe to the Crystal Insider blog, follow Crystal Cruises’ Facebook page; @crystalcruises on Twitter and Instagram; @crystalrivercruises on Instagram; and engage in the conversation with #crystalcruises, #crystalrivercruises and #WhereLuxuryisPersonal.

###

To get the app I went to the APP STORE and typed Crystal Cruises under search. 

Keith

I remember another Crystal app - the "Storyteller".  Also only available for Apple devices.

Guess all of us Android users are out of luck - Crystal never ported their previous apps over.  And probably won't again if I were to bet.

I just went through the app.

For those of you not on Apple the items you can access with this app you can just go to the Crystal Web Site to access them (eg.., voyage finder, booking a cruise).  Although I prefer using a computer from time to time I've looked up voyages with my iPhone and even gone through the steps of the reservation process to look for a specific room on a a voyage  just going to the Crystal Cruises web site.  The app gets you there quicker but the content is really the same as it's taking you to the web site via the App.

The third area can only be accessed while on-board the ship.  As best I can tell you could find this by using Crystal Connect.  If you have a short cut to Crystal Connect on your  smart phones, already or other devices I think it will be the same.

The advantage of the App would be having the three items together in one app but you can just have two short cuts side by side on a device so it would be pretty similar.

Keith

Good on Crystal for providing an App - I haven’t checked it out yet but I’m sure they’ll continue to work on it to improve functionality 

I remember a CC member raised the possibility of a Crystal App for mobile devices a few years back and that suggestion was met with a resounding rejection by some members that Apps weren’t the way to go and that portable device friendly websites were the correct approach - it seems that finally an App to provide easier access has finally emerged for those of us who prefer Apps 

2 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Good on Crystal for providing an App - I haven’t checked it out yet but I’m sure they’ll continue to work on it to improve functionality 

I remember a CC member raised the possibility of a Crystal App for mobile devices a few years back and that suggestion was met with a resounding rejection by some members that Apps weren’t the way to go and that portable device friendly websites were the correct approach - it seems that finally an App to provide easier access has finally emerged for those of us who prefer Apps 

But I see once again Crystal has assumed that all their guests use Apple. Don't matter to me as I carry a flip phone, but our other phone is not an Apple. Actually we don't I-Anything and have plans to change that.

Well having now had the chance to download it and look at it the land based parts are just front ends to the website - there’s no App specific content so if you didn’t have online access to the website you wouldn’t get very far - it requires an Internet Connection for everything  

For the onboard content it is accessed via the ships wifi network and is a front end to the content many of us are also used to accessing onboard eg Reflections, Menus and Movies etc

It’s still a good initiative and if it helps people find and access the content that’s already there then that’s a good thing 

Yes I agree Android users need to be supported - sorry Larry that old flip phone just isn’t going to cut it though 🙂 

There are very few things about Crystal that irritate me, but the infatuation with all things Apple and the total neglect of anything Android certainly does.  There are enough wonderful things in the Crystal experience to outweigh that, but it is still annoying.  Maybe this time they will eventually support both platforms.

47 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Yes I agree Android users need to be supported - sorry Larry that old flip phone just isn’t going to cut it though 🙂 

No argument on that score Terry, but I am "old school" when it comes to my phone, and it is an almost new flip phone I will have you know!!😁  I use it to make phone calls, and when I am at home it is turned off. As I had to tell the people I work with, my phone is not a body part so call the home number first if you need me!! It stays home when we travel as our friend Jane's back up.

Funny story about that. When we switched carriers three years ago the young lady looking after us tried mightily to get me to switch to an inexpensive "smart" phone. I asked her to check the Text messages on my old phone, there were about five, three of which were blank. I don't "do" texts either. When I told her I had been using that phone for almost six years, she conceded defeat!😉 

I have nothing against technology, I couldn't do my job without it, but I have seen too many people become "slaves" to their phone, and I refuse to go there. And I have lost count of the number of "phone zombies" on the streets that I could have sent to The Great Beyond if they only offered points for doing so!🤨

2 hours ago, Roland4 said:

No argument on that score Terry, but I am "old school" when it comes to my phone, and it is an almost new flip phone I will have you know!!😁  I use it to make phone calls, and when I am at home it is turned off. As I had to tell the people I work with, my phone is not a body part so call the home number first if you need me!! It stays home when we travel as our friend Jane's back up.

Funny story about that. When we switched carriers three years ago the young lady looking after us tried mightily to get me to switch to an inexpensive "smart" phone. I asked her to check the Text messages on my old phone, there were about five, three of which were blank. I don't "do" texts either. When I told her I had been using that phone for almost six years, she conceded defeat!😉 

I am with you😉

Our phone makes phone call & some texts 

we usually forget to turn on the cell phone

What kind of Flip phone do you have??

We will need a new phone soon

6 hours ago, Roland4 said:

Don't matter to me as I carry a flip phone, but our other phone is not an Apple.

You might be in luck.  Motorola has just reintroduced a $1500 flip phone.  Maybe that's supported.

Terry, that is correct which is why I mentioned if who don't have an Apple Phone (they still make flip phones???? LOL) you can get to the two items that require the internet via the web site.  This just simplifies it somewhat.  We'll have to look at the third one once on board but should be similar to Crystal Connect.  

Now are some of you going to tell me you still have 8 track tapes, black and white TV's and rotary telephones.    Those being born today are largely not going to know what land lines are and less and less will know about traditional cable and satellite as they will be part of the streaming generation.  Then again many of us are as well.  😀

Keith

For those of you looking for the app as I mentioned earlier just go to the app store and search "Crystal Cruises".  This is the app to download.

Keith

IMG_7328.jpeg.0761024a34190add457f9e28051d9340.jpeg

For you folks using flip phones (and I'm tempted) how do you take pictures of food on Crystal and post them.   I thought food pictures was a requirement of most threads. 😎

1 minute ago, ctjon said:

For you folks using flip phones (and I'm tempted) how do you take pictures of food on Crystal and post them.   I thought food pictures was a requirement of most threads. 😎

we use a small camera still 😉

16 minutes ago, ctjon said:

Probably using a camera with film in it. 😊   LOL.  

Keith

I decided to forgo the app this time and not having it didn't affect my cruise experience. Next time I'll download it, though.

9 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Probably using a camera with film in it. 😊   LOL.  

Keith

Some of us  have digital cameras ..no film required 👍

I'm happy about having the Crystal app because sometimes my iphone cannot link to the "suites and fares" page on different cruises.  I was hoping the app would cure this, but I'm having the same problem with the Crystal app.  As a result, my home computer is still more reliable. It's nice, though, not having to go to the browser when looking for what information I can find on my iphone.

Edited by Mackenzie1

21 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I am with you😉

Our phone makes phone call & some texts 

we usually forget to turn on the cell phone

What kind of Flip phone do you have??

We will need a new phone soon

It's an Alcatel. We are with Bell and it is the only flip phone they carry. Apparently we "technology troglodytes" are a small minority!!😉

20 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

You might be in luck.  Motorola has just reintroduced a $1500 flip phone.  Maybe that's supported.

There will be at least several dozens blue moons in the sky before I put out that kind of money for ANY phone!!😀 For that price I would expect it to come with a Crystal Butler!!! I heard on the news today that the Galaxy Note Fold will be available in limited quantities in Canada before Christmas for a mere $2,600.00!!! I would tell you my reaction to that, but it would get deleted rather quickly by Host Dan, and for good reason!😉

19 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Now are some of you going to tell me you still have 8 track tapes, black and white TV's and rotary telephones.    Those being born today are largely not going to know what land lines are and less and less will know about traditional cable and satellite as they will be part of the streaming generation.  Then again many of us are as well.  😀

Keith

Funny you should say that. My sister shared a meme on Facebook the other day. "How to Freak Out a Millennial. Put them in a room with a rotary dial phone, a TV with no remote, a Commodore 64 with a dial-up modem and instructions on how to use them written in Cursive."😮😁

38 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Funny you should say that. My sister shared a meme on Facebook the other day. "How to Freak Out a Millennial. Put them in a room with a rotary dial phone, a TV with no remote, a Commodore 64 with a dial-up modem and instructions on how to use them written in Cursive."😮😁

If you want a good laugh, watch the following from The Ellen Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjin8t633pc

2 hours ago, Roland4 said:

It's an Alcatel. We are with Bell and it is the only flip phone they carry. Apparently we "technology troglodytes" are a small minority!!😉

Thanks

Sorry to go off topic

I saw those flip phones online   so maybe will look at them in person..we have a pay as you plan no contract

so we just buy the phone outright

Yes some of us (me) are cell phone challenged 😉