Forward-facing YC suites on Meraviglia

mafig

Yes.

I saw one.  It shows the balcony …. seems smallish, don't know if it's smaller than side balconies or not.  However, it was a short video.  Before sailing.  So don't know if balcony can be used while underway.

Hi we had one of the front facing cabins recently.  Balcony is a good size.  And its usable at sea.  However, when it rains it literally pours.  The design is such that any and all water hitting the sloped windows immediately above you (restaurant and lounge) streams down directly onto these balconies.  And I have a suspicion that the water hitting the sundeck also gets drained off the front.   Plus, and I don't know how often this occurs, one day they were ???  cleaning ??? (I am guessing this is what they were doing?)  the windows on the sun deck and with no warning water came flooding onto the balcony.   Strangely they did notify us the next week when they were going to clean our floor - but either they don't realize or don't care where the water goes when they are cleaning higher decks.  Suffice to say we will not be booking forward facing again.

Gus, thank you so much!💗  This was just the kind of feedback I was looking for.

I would have also asked you if you would book this stateroom again.....but you already answered that.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise.

10 hours ago, mafig said:

Has anyone seen the forward-facing Yacht Club suites on Meraviglia?

Is the balcony usable while at sea?  Any photos?

Opinions?

We were in one of the forward facing YC cabins last March. I was not happy with how the balcony is blocked so that a small portion is usable. Also, the glass goes from balcony railing up to almost top. Dark, tinted glass which was very dirty most of the trip. Cabin seemed darker than those on sides. Stewards did say they prefer the suites on the sides. They let me go in to check one out. Much lighter and balcony had better views. Our next YC is in a deluxe suite on the “side” of the ship.  Also, noise from wind while underway was very noticeable.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, mafig said:

Yes, Mickey, that's the one I was referring to.

Thanks again Gus and Phissy for your first hand feedback.  It helped me a lot.

Going on Meraviglia?  Hope you two are doing well.  We will be on Seaside from june 13-27 if you are looking for a cruise 😉.  Couldnt change the next cruise booking that we booked onboard last year.  Rep said the only way to change sailings(we sail 2 weeks earlier) was to cancell and rebook.  So lost the $200 obc (for YC booked onboars)and cost about $1100 more each week.  Still cheaper than sailing royal junior suites but MSC shoreside service is horrible.  

Hope to cruise with you and Jose again.

Hi, Frank,

We are considering Meraviglia, also Edge and the new and improved Oasis.

We haven't been on a cruise since our Mardi Gras Celebrity cruise in March.

Jose suffers from Sarcoidosis and had a minor relapse which affects his balance so we thought it best to stay off ships.  He's OK now, so I'm looking

If we don't do Mera, maybe we'll look at Seaside in June.  Don't want to lose my Black (Diamond?) status.

Happy Thanksgiving!