Cruise Critic Community
Gracie115

Tell me about the Coral Princess PLEASE!

4 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Anyone may use the Sanctuary pool, I believe.

I think that is true, but I can't imagine why you'd want to. It is barely bigger than a Jacuzzi. It is fine if you are using The Sanctuary to pop in and cool off, but the other pools are better because of size and seating.

20 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Is the “Sanctuary Pool” on 12 available only to those who book the Sanctuary?

Yes, we've seen folks wander in and make use of the pool.  It's very small (but very deep).  A couple of people laid towels out and dried in the sun on the benches that surround it.  Nobody said a word.

Still, I'd suggest that the conservatory pool is far nicer unless you're staked out for the day in the Sanctuary.

One can access this pool from the Sanctuary, but also from, Aloha Deck, port side (starboard side of Aloha deck has the kids center which blocks access).  

10 hours ago, cborzill said:

Thanks for reminding that Diamond and Sapphire were built by Mitsubishi.

If you choose to research the construction history of Diamond Princess and Sapphire Princess by Mitsubishi, it's an interesting story.

Sapphire Princess (now #2 of that Class) was supposed to be #1 of that Class and was named Diamond Princess.  Diamond Princess (now #1 of that Class) was supposed to be #2 of that Class and was to be named Sapphire Princess.  

Doesn't make any difference, but the construction history of the two ships is interesting, I think.  

On 11/25/2019 at 8:05 AM, Gracie115 said:

I hope you will post a review after your Antarctica trip, we are interested in hearing everything about it!

I will post something, if you have any questions you can e-mail me at lois 1112 at aol dot come (no spaces and appropriate symbols) 

one word of advise is if you want to go to volunteer point with Patrick Watts, book now. I booked by tour with him 2 years out, he was "sold out/ full" 18 months before the trip. 

7 minutes ago, lois1112 said:

I will post something, if you have any questions you can e-mail me at lois 1112 at aol dot come (no spaces and appropriate symbols) 

one word of advise is if you want to go to volunteer point with Patrick Watts, book now. I booked by tour with him 2 years out, he was "sold out/ full" 18 months before the trip. 

Thank you!! I will definitely be watching for your posts!

We have booked with Patrick Watts for Volunteer Point, so that's taken care of for us.

Just got off of the Coral this morning from a 15 day Panama Canal cruise.  We were in a mini suite and liked it a lot.  Funny to read other peoples opinions.  Guess with everything in life some people like, others dislike.  That's what makes horse races.  

This was our first cruise on Princess and like smaller ships like the Coral.  I can answer other questions if you have any.

14 hours ago, juliet said:

Just got off of the Coral this morning from a 15 day Panama Canal cruise.  We were in a mini suite and liked it a lot.  Funny to read other peoples opinions.  Guess with everything in life some people like, others dislike.  That's what makes horse races.  

This was our first cruise on Princess and like smaller ships like the Coral.  I can answer other questions if you have any.

HI, thanks for your comments.  Were you in a Club Class mini suite?  What kind of condition did you find the ship in? Some have mentioned that it was really showing it's age.  From others comments it sounds like service is great on the ship, did you find that to be true?  Anything else you might want to add is welcome!!!

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

HI, thanks for your comments.  Were you in a Club Class mini suite?  What kind of condition did you find the ship in? Some have mentioned that it was really showing it's age.  From others comments it sounds like service is great on the ship, did you find that to be true?  Anything else you might want to add is welcome!!!

We originally wanted Club Class but there weren't any left when we booked.  Other than the seating perk and location of the stateroom I'm not really sure what the benefits are.  We were in anytime dining and were seated quickly at all times. The ship is not huge so wherever your stateroom is, it's not a long, long walk to either end IMO.  So why spend the extra money on Club Class?

I thought the condition of the ship was good.  Maybe those who've taken cruises on a newer, glitzy ship may find the Coral to be old but we were very happy.  I wouldn't let that deter you at all.  

Didn't go to any shows so can't tell you about them.

We're on a cruise mainly to relax and not to be entertained, but there's something going on somewhere every night. 

Plenty of places to sit and read in and out.

The ship never felt crowded at all.  

Formal nights you see people in full dress and others in casual but more dressy.  So whatever you like to wear is fine.  My husband wore a button down shirt and dark dockers.  I wore black pants and a little dressier top.

The service is great and most of the time the staff is very helpful.

Hope that helps.  Anything else, let me know.

13 minutes ago, juliet said:

We originally wanted Club Class but there weren't any left when we booked.  Other than the seating perk and location of the stateroom I'm not really sure what the benefits are.  We were in anytime dining and were seated quickly at all times. The ship is not huge so wherever your stateroom is, it's not a long, long walk to either end IMO.  So why spend the extra money on Club Class?

I thought the condition of the ship was good.  Maybe those who've taken cruises on a newer, glitzy ship may find the Coral to be old but we were very happy.  I wouldn't let that deter you at all.  

Didn't go to any shows so can't tell you about them.

We're on a cruise mainly to relax and not to be entertained, but there's something going on somewhere every night. 

Plenty of places to sit and read in and out.

The ship never felt crowded at all.  

Formal nights you see people in full dress and others in casual but more dressy.  So whatever you like to wear is fine.  My husband wore a button down shirt and dark dockers.  I wore black pants and a little dressier top.

The service is great and most of the time the staff is very helpful.

Hope that helps.  Anything else, let me know.

It helps a lot!!  We don't care much about shows either.  Sounds great and am sure we will be quite happy with the Coral. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Can anyone tell me where the smoking areas are on the Coral?  Covered/Uncovered?

1 hour ago, kootz said:

Can anyone tell me where the smoking areas are on the Coral?  Covered/Uncovered?

Not sure if there are others but deck 15 port side towards front of ship and Churchill lounge deck 7.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:30 PM, kootz said:

I recall a smoking area out on the Promenade Deck, aft and starboard; plus the Churchill Lounge.