Minimum Coverage

rbslos18

26 minutes ago, rbslos18 said:

What is the bare minimal Medical and Emergency Medical Transportation you recommend?

Is $50,000 sufficient for Emergency Medical?

RB

Where you cruising to? Europe, Asia, Australia, Antarctic, Middle East, Caribbean????

Different answers for different locations.

$50K would not be a starting point for Evac.

I'm going to Europe. I'm at $100K pp Medical and $1M for Evac

Edited by klfrodo

2 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Where you cruising to? Europe, Asia, Australia, Antarctic, Middle East, Caribbean????

Different answers for different locations.

$50K would not be a starting point for Evac.

I'm going to Europe. I'm at $100K pp Medical and $1M for Evac

$50,000 is for medical not evacuation. The cruise is a Panama Canal cruise.

15 hours ago, rbslos18 said:

$50,000 is for medical not evacuation. The cruise is a Panama Canal cruise.

I'll try to help as best I can but the true answer is variable. What's your risk tolerance? What other coverages do you have?

$50K for a Panama Canal cruise would be an absolute minimum for me. Maybe not for others though.

I'm not sure how experienced or knowledgeable you are with travel insurance. All travel insurance is reimbursement based. You pay out of pocket, then you file for reimbursement when you get back home.

You also have to take into consideration, is your travel insurance 'Primary" or "Secondary". 

Depending on the policy you purchase, they MAY send funds upfront to satisfy the provider for major life saving care.

I refer a lot of people to https://tripinsurancestore.com/ 

Steve has a great FAQ section to help you better understand travel insurance. Skim through this and you'll know more about travel insurance than 90% of the population.

3 hours ago, klfrodo said:

I'll try to help as best I can but the true answer is variable. What's your risk tolerance? What other coverages do you have?

$50K for a Panama Canal cruise would be an absolute minimum for me. Maybe not for others though.

I'm not sure how experienced or knowledgeable you are with travel insurance. All travel insurance is reimbursement based. You pay out of pocket, then you file for reimbursement when you get back home.

You also have to take into consideration, is your travel insurance 'Primary" or "Secondary". 

Depending on the policy you purchase, they MAY send funds upfront to satisfy the provider for major life saving care.

I refer a lot of people to https://tripinsurancestore.com/ 

Steve has a great FAQ section to help you better understand travel insurance. Skim through this and you'll know more about travel insurance than 90% of the population.

Thanks so much. I contacted Steve and got a policy with $100,000 medical! Appreciate everyone’s help.

RB