Keurig mini coffee maker

farkell

The coffee was awful on the last  two NCL cruises that we took .  

Someone asked the question:   Can I bring my own machine and K cups  on the Q & A on the NCL website and this is the answer from someone:

There are no restrictions on getting your own coffee machine and K cups. If you are staying in a balcony or higher class of staterooms, there is a small coffee maker in your room that takes coffee   pods that make about 4 cups. It would be easier for you to carry coffee pods of your favorite brand of coffee.

We have an interior room, I don't think there is a coffee machine.  We don't like Starbucks. Since we are not flying I am considering bringing my mini Keurig. I didn't see any restrictions regarding this. Any input is appreciated

If it's the type that plugs in & has a heating element, it's not allowed, and will be confiscated if it's left out.  (You get it back at the end of the cruise.)  

If it's the type that you pour hot water into it (basically like a French press that accepts pods,) then it's OK.  

Items with heating elements are illegal. If you try to bring it on in your luggage, it will be sent to the naughty room and you’ll spend your first night in line with all of the other people with contraband to get it out. 

• 21. Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.
Edited by BirdTravels

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No K-cups on NCL. Nespresso machines in suites. Hamilton Beach in steerage. Single serve round filters. 

AE71448E-8DBD-4302-A36E-EA3516471714.jpeg

Thanks for the info.  Do you know if there are coffee machines in balcony rooms?

18 minutes ago, cmh said:

Thanks for the info.  Do you know if there are coffee machines in balcony rooms?

Yes.

Almost all ships have changed to the single serve in the picture. The old machines use to be 4-cup Mr Coffee. your room steward will keep you supplied. Or order a pot from room service for free during breakfast hours. 

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes.

Almost all ships have changed to the single serve in the picture. The old machines use to be 4-cup Mr Coffee. your room steward will keep you supplied. Or order a pot from room service for free during breakfast hours. 

Thanks BirdTravels for the info.  I always love reading your posts.  You supply us with so much information!!

I just got off The Joy and had the single cup coffee maker in my balcony cabin. I preferred that coffee to the other coffee offered on the cruise. I use a Keurig at home all the time.

Last yr I was on The Jade in an obstructed oceanview. It didn't have a coffee maker but I requested it and got it.

Thank you all for your responses.  I think I will request a coffee maker for our room.  We have an interior room and photos and you tube videos didn't show one.  There is only an ice bucket.  Has anyone who's been on the Bliss to verify which coffee maker it is.  I will buy pods for it.