Upgrading drink package onboard question

maggieq

6 minutes ago, maggieq said:

We will be on the summit on 11/30 and I would like to upgrade from the classic package    Can just one person in the cabin upgrade?  Best way to do so and charge per day?

thanks so much.  

Yes.   No problem.    You can do it by any bar server.    You will be inundated with requests to upgrade you as the server who does the upgrade gets a cut.

Interestingly we just got off a B2B on the Eclipse and never once were approached to upgrade nor were we “hunted down” to book speciality restaurants.  There were staff who would assist if you wanted to book, it was refreshing.

I've never seen the option to upgrade via the cruise planner. But yes, you can easily upgrade on board. When we sailed the summit Oct. 20, they were offering two bottles of wine per person to upgrade from classic to premium. 

15 minutes ago, bhughey said:

I've never seen the option to upgrade via the cruise planner. But yes, you can easily upgrade on board. When we sailed the summit Oct. 20, they were offering two bottles of wine per person to upgrade from classic to premium. 

If you have the classic package and the upgrade option isn't showing for you in the cruise planner, you will have to call celebrity and ask them to add it so that it shows in the cruise planner. I just had to do it for my upcoming cruise...fairly annoying.