Icy Strait Point Question

TeanneTX

Can you ride the zip rider without having to book it through the cruise line?  We will be in port on 6/2/20 on Millenium and already have a private tour booked for whale watching but we also want to do the zip line.  Is there a place to just buy a ticket and then do it?

Teanne

If you check their website, you'll see that you can book direct through ISP... click on the 'book now' button, select your date, and see what tours are available. Unfortunately it looks like on your date they are only selling a ziprider/whalewatch combo though, and no idea what Celebrity charges so may cost the same to cancel your private whalewatch and book the combo through ISP as through Celeb. They do sell just zipride, and other combos, on different dates so there's obviously some sort of agreement with different lines as to what's being sold to the public.. I would not be surprised if the cost ends up being identical.

If you have out down a nonrefundable payment for the private whalewatch already, I can only suggest contacting ISP directly to see if they'll let you arrange something 'offbook': info@icystraitpoint.com

8 hours ago, martincath said:

If you check their website, you'll see that you can book direct through ISP... click on the 'book now' button, select your date, and see what tours are available. Unfortunately it looks like on your date they are only selling a ziprider/whalewatch combo though, and no idea what Celebrity charges so may cost the same to cancel your private whalewatch and book the combo through ISP as through Celeb. They do sell just zipride, and other combos, on different dates so there's obviously some sort of agreement with different lines as to what's being sold to the public.. I would not be surprised if the cost ends up being identical.

If you have out down a nonrefundable payment for the private whalewatch already, I can only suggest contacting ISP directly to see if they'll let you arrange something 'offbook': info@icystraitpoint.com

Thanks for the info.  I did contact them directly about booking their whale watching/ziprider tour and they told me to book it through the cruise line.  I was surprised I got that response from them.  Guess they must have some sort of agreement with the cruises.  Hmmm

Teanne

Considering that without cruise ships ISP simply wouldn't exist (it was literally built specially out of the old cannery site near Hoonah to bring in tourist money) I'm not surprised at all - if they annoy the cruiselines even a little and jeopardise that relationship, how are they going to pay off the construction? Think of it as pretty much a cruiseline private island, just shared by all the lines who use it... while ultimately the profits are going to the local folks, without a pretty sweet slice for the lines there wouldn't be any income at all.