Door Decorations prohibited?

trippintex

Has anyone had problems with RCCL making them take door decorations down , if so what ship? We just got off the Brilliance and was told to take them down. WE also talked to others on the ship and there decorations where removed and placed on there bed with a note saying it was not allowed. I have read the policy and it is subjective. We have done it many times and this is a first for me. After 377 days at sea with RCCL this has never happened before.

• Clarea changed the title to Door Decorations prohibited?
12 minutes ago, trippintex said:

Has anyone had problems with RCCL making them take door decorations down , if so what ship? We just got off the Brilliance and was told to take them down. WE also talked to others on the ship and there decorations where removed and placed on there bed with a note saying it was not allowed. I have read the policy and it is subjective. We have done it many times and this is a first for me. After 377 days at sea with RCCL this has never happened before.

I've not seen this reported on RC before.

27 minutes ago, trippintex said:

There is a thread on the Celebrity board with the same topic. Someone posted that NCL doesn't allow them either.  Maybe Royal is following the policy.

67531833_703356686793910_423571654281946

Edited by Iamcruzin

5 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

people blocking the hallways looking at them. Like cars driving around looking at christmas lights 😉 

Especially people blocking the halls admiring them as muster drill is being called.....or as the ship is sinking.

3 minutes ago, bala1130 said:

Maybe a fire hazard if it's made of paper or other flammable materials? 

All it takes is one minor instance of something catching fire or just smoldering and it becomes fleet-wide policy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, trippintex said:

That looks like the NCL policy we looked up. RCCL sells door decorations and the policy we found  placing materials anywhere on the interior of the ship which may be deemed by ship management as inappropriate including stateroom doors.

It is the NCL policy. I found it posted on Celebrity when someone asked about door decorations. 

We have always decorated our door for different celebrations and never had a problem (and that's been on RCI, Celebrity and Princess) We are getting ready to head out on Thanksgiving sailing tomorrow and have the door decorations all packed.  We usually bring some blank paper and crayons/markers/colored pencils etc.. and the night before Thanksgiving all the kids (and some adults 😉) make hand turkeys and put we them on the door.   It is lots of fun.

It would be sad if they wouldn't allow it any more..   even though the kids are teens now we still enjoy putting our decorations on our door.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gaynors said:

We have always decorated our door for different celebrations and never had a problem (and that's been on RCI, Celebrity and Princess) We are getting ready to head out on Thanksgiving sailing tomorrow and have the door decorations all packed.  We usually bring some blank paper and crayons/markers/colored pencils etc.. and the night before Thanksgiving all the kids (and some adults 😉) make hand turkeys and put we them on the door.   It is lots of fun.

It would be sad if they wouldn't allow it any more..   even though the kids are teens now we still enjoy putting our decorations on our door.

It was shocking to us but i think it was just that ship on that sailing.

36 minutes ago, trippintex said:

RCCL sells door decorations and the policy we found  placing materials anywhere on the interior of the ship which may be deemed by ship management as inappropriate including stateroom doors.

Well, that's got to be the ultimate RCI money making scam. Selling door decorations that can not be hung on a door.

What next? Specialty restaurants where you are not allowed to eat but just look at the food?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, trippintex said:

I hope so, we sailed on the Brilliance for Thanksgiving many years ago and decorated our doors.   That's when the kids were still real young and it helped them figure out which room was ours (the one with the fold out turkey on the door 😊).

8 minutes ago, trippintex said:

I hope so. Often times, late at night, I need other peoples door decorations to guide me to my own cabin.

Let's see, I'm 3 doors down from the people celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary but if I walk past the Krazy Kruisers Klub Kabin then I've gone to far.  And if I don't recognize any of the decorations, then I'm on the wrong deck 😲

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I hope so. Often times, late at night, I need other peoples door decorations to guide me to my own cabin.

Let's see, I'm 3 doors down from the people celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary but if I walk past the Krazy Kruisers Klub Kabin then I've gone to far.  And if I don't recognize any of the decorations, then I'm on the wrong deck 😲

:classic_laugh:Took our grandson on Freedom for his 12th birthday, and had the RCL happy birthday decorations on the cabin door when we boarded. On the last night of the cruise we took everything down and packed it in our luggage. Our grandson couldn't find the cabin when he came back from the kids club:classic_ohmy: We found him wandering the hallway looking for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

:classic_laugh:Took our grandson on Freedom for his 12th birthday, and had the RCL happy birthday decorations on the cabin door when we boarded. On the last night of the cruise we took everything down and packed it in our luggage. Our grandson couldn't find the cabin when he came back from the kids club:classic_ohmy: We found him wandering the hallway looking for it.

😀

Be thankful that someone else didn't have identical door decorations. Last thing you'd want is your grandson banging on someone else's door looking for you!