District Brew House Entertainment

aparys

For those that have been on a ship with a District Brew House I would love to hear your experience with the entertainment.

We have been on both the Escape and the Bliss and had 2 different experiences, and was wondering which is normal and if one was just a single week fluke.

On the Escape we went into the District Brew House on multiple nights and there was excellent entertainment where people were singing along and participating.  We love the Howl at the Moon and on that cruise we actually spent more time in the District Brew House.

On the Bliss, which was one of the first cruises out of L.A. we went in several times and it was empty.  It was weird as the Freestyle Daily said there was a piano player and other entertainment but seemed like they might have missed the ship or something as it never seemed to have any entertainment.

We are considering the Encore for a cruise next year and without Howl at the Moon we are concerned that if the District Brew House is not what we experienced on the Escape it might be disappointing.

I appreciate any input others have with their experiences on the Bliss or even the Encore for the first couple sailings.

2 hours ago, aparys said:

For those that have been on a ship with a District Brew House I would love to hear your experience with the entertainment.

We have been on both the Escape and the Bliss and had 2 different experiences, and was wondering which is normal and if one was just a single week fluke.

On the Escape we went into the District Brew House on multiple nights and there was excellent entertainment where people were singing along and participating.  We love the Howl at the Moon and on that cruise we actually spent more time in the District Brew House.

On the Bliss, which was one of the first cruises out of L.A. we went in several times and it was empty.  It was weird as the Freestyle Daily said there was a piano player and other entertainment but seemed like they might have missed the ship or something as it never seemed to have any entertainment.

We are considering the Encore for a cruise next year and without Howl at the Moon we are concerned that if the District Brew House is not what we experienced on the Escape it might be disappointing.

I appreciate any input others have with their experiences on the Bliss or even the Encore for the first couple sailings.

Was on the Encore 11/2 transatlantic and had Jim Badger in the District, I thought he was fun.

Just now, Gershep said:

When I was on the Escape in September I didn't think the entertainment was that great in the District Brew House. Kind of boring.

it depends on the person playing the piano. When i was on the  Escape last year, they had a person named Bau or something like that was very good

Saw Beau Tahana on the escape a few years ago and this was the best entertainment on any ship any time great musician , singer , comedian and audience participation was really high

Jim Badger was on the Joy but is now on the Encore , just average, dated humour same jokes repeated nightly

just off the Joy and saw António - just background music and singing. Poor audience involvement.