Snorkeling Tours

luvsun22

The dive shops like Dreamtime and Dr. Dive have offshore snorkeling which is better than shore snorkeling. Google them.

Also shoreexcursioner.com has an offshore snorkeling excursion. 

While the beach has little or no iron shore, the reefs just off shore are fantastic.  This is a prime dive spot along the coast.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

The dive shops like Dreamtime and Dr. Dive have offshore snorkeling which is better than shore snorkeling. Google them.

Also shoreexcursioner.com has an offshore snorkeling excursion. 

While the beach has little or no iron shore, the reefs just off shore are fantastic.  This is a prime dive spot along the coast.

We definitely plan to do an offshore boating excursion. I was hoping for a Catamaran type day cruise, but so far have only found more basic 2 hour excursions. I’ll check your suggestions. Thank you!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 8:51 PM, luvsun22 said:

We definitely plan to do an offshore boating excursion. I was hoping for a Catamaran type day cruise, but so far have only found more basic 2 hour excursions. I’ll check your suggestions. Thank you!  

We were at Malecon21 this week and were talking to a family who went out privately to the reef and said they had a good time,  but it was only for an hour or so.

We saw a catamaran out in the bay. I don’t know where it left from or where it went but it looked very crowded. I think there was a review recently from someone who did a catamaran excursion through their ship.

Thanks to all!  I'm not having trouble finding a supplier to take me out to the reef.  I just can't find any extended catamaran type excursions. (I'm not interested in a ship excursion, they are too crowded.)  I have settled on a regular two hour excursion and am all set now! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luvsun22 said:

Thanks to all!  I'm not having trouble finding a supplier to take me out to the reef.  I just can't find any extended catamaran type excursions. (I'm not interested in a ship excursion, they are too crowded.)  I have settled on a regular two hour excursion and am all set now! 

I think that is the best you can do in Costa Maya. I know the type of all day sailing you are looking for that exists in many ports but have never heard of one there.

You will need to choose from one of the many types of beach clubs, if you require beach and food, and experience your snorkeling separately.