Wow! All three of my booked cruises just jumped 1K+

tallnthensome

Just overnight all of my booked cruises for family of four jumped through the roof in price. My 12 day Alaska on the Sun went up $1000. 12 Day Panama Canal on the Joy 2021 up $1400. My Encore sailing for April 2021 which I booked at $3895 is now $6600. This is logged in with 20% Latitudes discount. Out of control and Del Rio is up to something and it’s not good. Hopefully I got mine all when prices bottomed out looking forward. Crazy .....Anyone else? 

• Like 2

Others have been posting about this too. NCL is skyrocketing cruise fares this weekend in anticipation of their Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale next week. Hopefully no one makes the mistake and books a cruise between now and the sale!

• Like 5

I wouldn't count on it - now, it seemed several of us tracking our "favorite" cruises for last minute booking and/or recently booked - are noticing something funny, different & unusual about pricing trends & availability ... 

I just posted my thoughts about this - read about NCL using "RateGain" for price intelligence lately, shall I say "fishy" - NCL is not known for Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals over the years, and I am not going to put all my chips out on the table to call the cards. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Greek Boss said:

Others have been posting about this too. NCL is skyrocketing cruise fares this weekend in anticipation of their Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale next week. Hopefully no one makes the mistake and books a cruise between now and the sale!

I agree, but many will and then brag what a great deal they got ....Look out!

• Like 1

We are on the JOY Jan 2021 12 day. We have a Haven suite with large  Aft Balcony HB Cat. which  is sold out now so we can't check price. We have all the perks, Free at sea, Air fare, and transfers.

I checked the Haven suite with Aft Balcony HC cat., 1 category lower, and it is $4400 more then we paid. With no Air or transfers. *****!!

• Like 2

These are the thread links that I saw / read ... that's when I started my draft / own response / question - on what's possibly happening (or not) - let's just try to see if we can pool the discussions together in one place, to consolidate the discussions and speculations ... 

Hold the pom poms.  More popcorns & chips ... since the shrimps are going away.  

Edited by mking8288

21 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

These are the thread links that I saw / read ... that's when I started my draft / own response / question - on what's possibly happening (or not) - let's just try to see if we can pool the discussions together in one place, to consolidate the discussions and speculations ... 

Hold the pom poms.  More popcorns & chips ... since the shrimps are going away.  

Pom poms securely stored.  Meanwhile, dollars continue to go to other lines.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I also noticed the gratuities for the drinks and dinning package increased. For my Encore cruise next year, the cruise fare and port taxes went up too

Of course they did.  They have to pay for those tv ads and near daily snail mailings, for your convenience, of course.

9 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I also noticed the gratuities for the drinks and dinning package increased. For my Encore cruise next year, the cruise fare and port taxes went up too

The cost of the dining package increased pretty recently (making the 20% gratuity higher). I don’t think the beverage package has. Depends how long ago you booked.

5 minutes ago, April42749 said:

All of the Bliss Bahamas for Feb/Mar went up significantly.  I'm thinking "Black Friday Sale".  If not, I'll wait and book "last minute sale".

We are looking at a week in March on the BLISS and it went up almost $600. We have been looking for some time now because daughter is on spring beak from college.