Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Saint Greg

39 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That soda is about the best deal you’re going to find in an airport. 32 oz souvenir cup. And a soda fountain where you can refill it. Not bad if you’re going to be in the terminal for awhile. Would’ve made a wise investment for Tom Hanks.

LOL! That would have been airport "Bottomless Bubbless" for him. 

• Like 2

I agree with everyone else, great review as always! Thanks for taking the time, I have big shoes to fill this week on Panorama. I'm going to try and do the live stuff with just my iPhone XR, and add fancier pics when I get home. I'm not planning to bring my laptop for such a short cruise.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, heffy2 said:

I agree with everyone else, great review as always! Thanks for taking the time, I have big shoes to fill this week on Panorama. I'm going to try and do the live stuff with just my iPhone XR, and add fancier pics when I get home. I'm not planning to bring my laptop for such a short cruise.

Looking forward to it. You should be in good shape. The only time I used my tablet has been in the airports.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Looks like I’ve got att now that I’m off the ship. It’s almost like they’re blocking it onboard.

I know that on my phone if I'm connected to wifi, it won't try to use my cellular data.  Once I get back into port, I go into settings, and wifi connection, and tell it to forget the network.  Cellular then takes over.

12 minutes ago, grima625 said:

I know that on my phone if I'm connected to wifi, it won't try to use my cellular data.  Once I get back into port, I go into settings, and wifi connection, and tell it to forget the network.  Cellular then takes over.

oh I was totally turning WiFi off. The att didn’t work good on the ship or in the building but was super fast in the parking garage.

I did make it home. The flight was interesting. Last time I got a little nervous taking off and talking to the people next to me helped. In this case I go to sit down and the girl next to me is on the phone talking Spanish all the way up until we have to turn everything off. Great. I was afraid to ask if she spoke English or not. I don’t want to offend anyone. Then about 3/4 through the flight she had to go to the bathroom and I found out she does speak English.

Then there was this guy got up and started doing calisthenics in the middle of the plane. He moves back to the row that is bigger because of exit rows and just starts stretching his legs and jogging in place. Finally I realize he’s waiting for someone to come out of the bathroom. But then on the way back he stops there again and puts his hands on his hips and starts moving he waist side to side. Then he stretches the legs more. He even started jogging in place a little. It was a good 10 minutes before he sat down. 

Then there was the rule breaker in the seat with extra leg room. Thinks he owns the plane. Got his shoes off. With his nasty feet out. He got seatbelt unbuckled. Ignores the flight attendant orders to buckle. looks like he’s wearing a shirt to go deer hunting when we land. Turns out it’s to ride a bicycle because when he pulled his huge backpack out of the overhead compartment it had a bicycle helmet attached to it that nearly hit me in the head. Y’all probably think I make this stuff up.

0FD7E2D4-B650-4013-A781-42FE30B6B7BC.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I did make it home. The flight was interesting. Last time I got a little nervous taking off and talking to the people next to me helped. In this case I go to sit down and the girl next to me is on the phone talking Spanish all the way up until we have to turn everything off. Great. I was afraid to ask if she spoke English or not. I don’t want to offend anyone. Then about 3/4 through the flight she had to go to the bathroom and I found out she does speak English.

Then there was this guy got up and started doing calisthenics in the middle of the plane. He moves back to the row that is bigger because of exit rows and just starts stretching his legs and jogging in place. Finally I realize he’s waiting for someone to come out of the bathroom. But then on the way back he stops there again and puts his hands on his hips and starts moving he waist side to side. Then he stretches the legs more. He even started jogging in place a little. It was a good 10 minutes before he sat down. 

Then there was the rule breaker in the seat with extra leg room. Thinks he owns the plane. Got his shoes off. With his nasty feet out. He got seatbelt unbuckled. Ignores the flight attendant orders to buckle. looks like he’s wearing a shirt to go deer hunting when we land. Turns out it’s to ride a bicycle because when he pulled his huge backpack out of the overhead compartment it had a bicycle helmet attached to it that nearly hit me in the head. Y’all probably think I make this stuff up.

0FD7E2D4-B650-4013-A781-42FE30B6B7BC.jpeg

People, they’re the worst!!

thanks for the awesome review saint greg!

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:36 PM, Saint Greg said:

I didn’t hear a word about it. I’m sure most of the customers are blue cards who know nothing about it.

That's odd, I've talked to a few people that have been since he passed. They said its all anyone could talk about at the bar. They all shared photos and stories. John is obviously devastated. Awesome dog had 6,500 followers on his Facebook page. LOL! Hundreds of tributes. He will be missed!!

Edited by missholly24

1 hour ago, missholly24 said:

That's odd, I've talked to a few people that have been since he passed. They said its all anyone could talk about at the bar. They all shared photos and stories. John is obviously devastated. Awesome dog had 6,500 followers on his Facebook page. LOL! Hundreds of tributes. He will be missed!!

I was there for about an hour. I didn't sit at the bar. I didn't talk to everyone in the place. I personally didn't hear anything about it. I didn't see any tributes or memorials or anything like that. That doesn't mean nobody discussed it.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Unfortunate for you guys coming in later and then the day being cut short by the rain.

Yea it rained pretty good for a while there. We got some decent beach time in and hit the shops when it rained. Wasn't a total loss but some more sun would have been nice. I got some great photos of the Magic departing, I'll post them later. 

Edited by Palmetto Pilot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Yea it rained pretty good for a while there. We got some decent beach time in and hit the shops when it rained. Wasn't a total loss but some more sun would have been nice. I got some great photos of the Magic departing, I'll post them later. 

Bad for everyone but worse for Breeze folks since you didn't come in until noon. I took advantage and got in the water when the beach cleared never expected it to be so empty with two ships there.

54 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Magic looked rough? How so? It looked lovely from all the reviews I’ve read, and Im on the Magic in April for a B2B for our 50th Anniversary.

She looked completely rundown and neglected. Quite frankly, she looked like garbage. I have not been on the Magic in a little over a year but of 25 cruises, Magic by far was the worst ship I've ever been on. 

56 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

She looked completely rundown and neglected. Quite frankly, she looked like garbage. I have not been on the Magic in a little over a year but of 25 cruises, Magic by far was the worst ship I've ever been on. 

One of the best I have cruised, love the ship

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, coevan said:

One of the best I have cruised, love the ship

Thank you, coevan. I have read several glowing reviews, and this kind of threw me! This cruise will be for my 50th Anniversary, and I chose it for its itinerary and good reviews. I guess it’s all subjective. I go on a cruise not looking for the negative, because any cruise is a good day to me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Magic looked rough? How so? It looked lovely from all the reviews I’ve read, and Im on the Magic in April for a B2B for our 50th Anniversary.

Congrats on your 50th Anniversary !!