Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Saint Greg

Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, CanTex said:

Awesome review so far!  Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Question -- how are you capturing these PDFs of the FunTimes?


I’ll tell you the way I know. Maybe someone knows a better way but I haven’t figured it out.


hub app

access wifi
logout

access free sites


I think once you have that link you can just keep it in the browser and refresh each day.

 

 

 

B9A69FFC-4625-4E00-AE5C-DE149093B878.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:


I’ll tell you the way I know. Maybe someone knows a better way but I haven’t figured it out.


hub app

access wifi
logout

access free sites


I think once you have that link you can just keep it in the browser and refresh each day.

 

 

 

B9A69FFC-4625-4E00-AE5C-DE149093B878.jpeg

Awesome -- thanks! You'd think they'd make this possible within the app like you can see the dining room menus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:


Yeah sure seems like one.

Likely a piece of nut shell.  On the Vista recently, the "granola" in the parfait was almost entirely nuts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CanTex said:

Awesome -- thanks! You'd think they'd make this possible within the app like you can see the dining room menus.

The menus are posted on the Hub App 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CanTex said:

Likely a piece of nut shell.  On the Vista recently, the "granola" in the parfait was almost entirely nuts.

 


If so that nutshell is hard as a rock...and sounds like one when you drop it on a plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soccersharon said:

The menus are posted on the Hub App 🙂


Actually..I’ve been posting those the past few cruises. I couldn’t find it last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:


Actually..I’ve been posting those the past few cruises. I couldn’t find it last night.

Hmmm.  It is under the "Food and Drinks" section of the app , then there is a Menu button for the main dining rooms. But -- maybe not all ships post the menus in the app. If it is there, you can also go back and forth from the current day's menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, soccersharon said:

The menus are posted on the Hub App 🙂

LOL.  That's what I posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CanTex said:

Hmmm.  It is under the "Food and Drinks" section of the app , then there is a Menu button for the main dining rooms. But -- maybe not all ships post the menus in the app. If it is there, you can also go back and forth from the current day's menu.


Yeah it wasn’t there last night.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group of photos i’m uploading are at 35 minutes and counting. I found I can post in another app while they are uploading without the upload failing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now pictures are getting 75% of the way then failing. I’m pretty sure Nassau was a bad spot for picture uploads on my eastern dream cruise last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the more people on the net while you are onboard the slower the service.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, serene56 said:

the more people on the net while you are onboard the slower the service.   

 

 

On the Dream it was significantly better in Key West and Freeport at night with everyone onboard than it was in Nassau. I was having to upload each photo 3-5 times Nassau night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright I’m heading over to paradise island via the water taxi. Following the signs and what people say.

 

I went through the building in front of where the Grand Classica is docked and came out the other side.

 

I followed this sign.

 

 

3F55B7FA-23E5-42B9-A51C-6829DAD24C74.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

51 minutes for that post

Now I feel much better about the internet on the Encore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is fun to read, great pics Greg. When we were on the Magic a few years ago the wi-fi was awful. Have they improved the speed? Have you taken a speed test. When we were aboard, we could barely download anything. Keep up the great work, following. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...