Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Saint Greg

This  is where I messed up. Crossing and going right takes you right to the entrance and where you by tickets. I crossed and took a left down into the shopping village because all of the people from those vans were blocking the path. I thought that would get me around them but it took me to a different entrance and I had to walk through the whole thing to get back to the front and the ticket window. 

FFC0A9B7-D0D6-4D77-8B2D-B4EFE8E6FAB8.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This  is where I messed up. Crossing and going right takes you right to the entrance and where you by tickets. I crossed and took a left down into the shopping village because all of the people from those vans were blocking the path. I thought that would get me around them but it took me to a different entrance and I had to walk through the whole thing to get back to the front and the ticket window. 

FFC0A9B7-D0D6-4D77-8B2D-B4EFE8E6FAB8.jpeg

Now I'm starting to remember why in all the times that I've been to Nassau, I haven't been to Paradise Island!  Do you think the land taxi drops you close to where you buy tickets?  If I did the water taxi with my DH and his bad knee, I would have to cover my ears from all of the cussing and complaining!  Good Grief Charlie Brown!

This is the ticket window. I had read a review that they had to wait in line there even if they paid in advance. That must’ve been during the ship tours and everything. There was no line for me. $44 for the aquarium just like online. Water park was $135.

D6658E4A-C07F-4B0B-9F2C-E600C5F42106.jpeg

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I was first on the boat and had to wait until over 20 other people boarded.

The floor we were on clearly wasn’t glass. This other guy on the shuttle...Kitts McGee points out he paid for a glass bottom boat. I tell Kitts the glass is probably on the bottom but you can’t see it because it’s under water.

I had heard that you have to wait until the shuttle is full before they pull out and that was true.

I got on the shuttle at 11:04 and we waited until it was packed to the gills and we continued to wait. Kitts McGee asks where they are going to put additional people. I speculate they may seat people in our laps.

We finally pulled out at 11:30. It turns out the shuttle leaves every half hour and it was bad timing arriving at 11:04.

We did the water taxi to Paradise Island a few years back and it was sketchy at best. Won't do that again. They didn't even go every half hour. We sat on a boat while the operators debated whether or not they wanted to take us back because it wasn't full. We just grabbed a cab and drove back. 

5 minutes ago, JandPB said:

We did the water taxi to Paradise Island a few years back and it was sketchy at best. Won't do that again. They didn't even go every half hour. We sat on a boat while the operators debated whether or not they wanted to take us back because it wasn't full. We just grabbed a cab and drove back. 

I’d say maybe it’s changed since then. They said every 30 minutes with the last boat being at 5:30. My ride back wasn’t close to full. It was a double decker boat. We only had about five people on top. I don’t know how many they had on the bottom but based on the people that were waiting I’d say 5-10.

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

the ones I saw at paradise island were much smaller than the grand cayman ones.

I think maybe there is nothing comparable to Stingray Sandbar in Grand Cayman.  You can tell people about it, but you cannot really explain the experience.