Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Saint Greg

Driver dropped me off where I just go up an elevator and the bag drop is right there. 

Surprise! When I booked online I only paid for a bag on the return flight. Add $50 to the bill which is $18 more than the prepay which is why I did the prepay.Anyway it was less than a minute wait to drop off my bag. Security was right down the hall. Less than a minute wait for that. And I’m at my gate.

• Like 1

Have a safe flight! We've had In N Out in Salt Lake City for about 10 years now, but having grown up in CA it seemed like it took them forever to get here. Whataburger seems to only be in the south, how far away is the closest one to NOLA? Maybe I can try it when I'm there for the Glory Canal cruise in Feb. DFW looks much improved since I was there last in 2015. It was a mess of construction then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This is a double double meal which is double meat, double cheese. It's a pretty basic menu here but what they do, they do well. Their ketchup could use some work though.

So for the same price of a Big Mac meal I can get a better quality and better service from people who are making better money. And oh by the way, this store makes almost double what a McDonald's makes. I'll sign up for that.

I have to admit. I am an In-N-Out Burger fan.

F3153E2A-A746-4401-9163-8C57384B3C5E.jpeg

In-N-Out treats their employees real well.  I think they make $15 an hour here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Managers are paid $160,000 a year... that's no typo... they make $160K annually.  The chain is privately owned, so there is not a lot of overhead, like there would be if it was a public company or had franchises.  The owner is the only heir of her grandparents, who started In-n-Out in 1948.  So at age 37, she owns and runs it all.  Net worth is about 3 billion. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, heffy2 said:

Have a safe flight! We've had In N Out in Salt Lake City for about 10 years now, but having grown up in CA it seemed like it took them forever to get here. Whataburger seems to only be in the south, how far away is the closest one to NOLA? Maybe I can try it when I'm there for the Glory Canal cruise in Feb. DFW looks much improved since I was there last in 2015. It was a mess of construction then.

I don’t think New Orleans has a Whataburger. East or West. Gulfport, Ms or Gonzales, La.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t know why we have to fly over the ocean. It looks like we could go around it.

C69B1069-5E58-405F-A982-9742B56DA801.jpeg

I am following....enjoying.  re flight route, probably has to do with other flight traffic, and fuel consumption, LOL, really don't know, but l know the pilots do file flight routes and have their reasons. Look forward to more of your review!

At TGI’s I noticed my surface was not charging. I realized I did not bring a wall plug for my phone. I do have two cables but not the plug. I charged my phone with my external and just dealt with losing battery on my surface. 

The game I wanted to watch was in Weather  delay so I worked on my website until I finished that beer. $8.22 for the beer.

I stopped by my gate at 4pm. No plane but a lot of people waiting to board. After verifying my charging cable does indeed work, I stopped by the Blue Mesa to charge and grab a Shiner.

7471C504-3204-4734-AD23-68DD7119ED6E.jpeg