Hal assistance when you leave ship due to illness.

boards

We thank Holland American for the way they looked after us on our recently health problem.  We had to leave the ship in New Caledonia.  Hal arranged for a hotel and transportation for my wife to travel back and forth to the hospital.  They assisted us in arranging flights home, after we had to cancel our hotel in Sydney and our flights home to Canada.  The hospital in Noumea was very good and took care of me very well.  We are very thankful for their assistance.  Our faith was greatly helpful in keeping us calm and sure that all would work out and it did.

Borden & Monique

• Like 13

How very kind of you to  share this  most helpufl   informtion with us.Ofc course, , we  are sorry to hear of illness serious enough to require   leaving  the  ship

Wishing  all here, healthy, safe   travels.

Stay  Well

• Thanks 1

It reminds me of the lesson that you don't know how good your insurance company or coverage is until you have a claim. It is great reassurance to know that HAL came through in your time of need. 

Here's hoping for a swift and complete recovery -- and a boatload of blessings!

• Thanks 1

I am sorry to hear about your illness but glad that HAL helped you arrange everything. I am also glad to hear that the hospital was good. On our cruise, a passenger had to disembark in Noumea and I hoped he would be able to get first rate care in their hospital.

I hope you are fine again and ready for your next cruise.

• Thanks 1

It sounds like you were on the same cruise I was, the Noordam repositioning from Vancouver to Sydney that began Oct. 13. It's so nice to hear the rest of the story and that you got such great care from HAL and the doctors in Noumea. All the best to you and your wife!

On 11/23/2019 at 3:01 PM, boards said:

We thank Holland American for the way they looked after us on our recently health problem.  We had to leave the ship in New Caledonia.  Hal arranged for a hotel and transportation for my wife to travel back and forth to the hospital.  They assisted us in arranging flights home, after we had to cancel our hotel in Sydney and our flights home to Canada.  The hospital in Noumea was very good and took care of me very well.  We are very thankful for their assistance.  Our faith was greatly helpful in keeping us calm and sure that all would work out and it did.

Borden & Monique

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.  This is very good to know.