Mariner of the Seas (Bahamas) and Disney World - Review - Sept 30, 2019 - Oct 11, 2019

Noreen411

Your review is so interesting and helpful. Thanks! We love Disney and go every year, and have just started cruising these past few years. (Have only sailed out of NYC).
I love the idea of combining the two, so sailing from Port Canaveral is a great idea!

On 12/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, Noreen411 said:

Back in the villa we moved the clothes from the washer to the dryer.  And we started another load of laundry.  One of the things we brought with us is one of those clothes drying rods to hang the delicates that don’t go in the dryer.  It folds flat and when opened has several layers of rods to hang things.  It was great to have.

I am really enjoying your review, both the cruise and WDW.  Do you have a link to or picture of these clothes racks?  It sounds interesting.

On 12/23/2019 at 10:03 PM, Mira28 said:

Your review is so interesting and helpful. Thanks! We love Disney and go every year, and have just started cruising these past few years. (Have only sailed out of NYC).
I love the idea of combining the two, so sailing from Port Canaveral is a great idea!

Thank you

I am happy to see that many others are also Disney fans.  

On 12/24/2019 at 7:42 PM, breezy_carol said:

I am really enjoying your review, both the cruise and WDW.  Do you have a link to or picture of these clothes racks?  It sounds interesting.

Glad you are enjoying it - I enjoy writing them.  I go back and read old ones I’ve written sometimes and it’s like being there all over again.

Attached is a picture of the new clothes rack that we brought with us on the trip.  It folds flat and is great for hanging those things you don’t want to put in the dryer.  I used to just use the hangers in the closet or hang things on the patio or hang things over chairs, but then you have clothes drying all over the place.

611C74EB-58B2-4086-9C68-A1E34AFD1205.jpeg

Edited by Noreen411

Sunday 10/6/19

We went to the gym together around 7am.  There were a few people in the gym this morning but it is pretty big so there is plenty of room.

Back in the villa we did our normal routine of Jacuzzi, shower, get dressed, start the laundry, and have breakfast.

We still have a lot of dirty laundry.  The machine is a small stackable one but it’s great to have.  I’m very happy to have my drying rack to hang those things that don’t go in the dryer.  This way they aren’t hung all around the villa.  Actually even with the rack we still have a few things hung around the villa to dry.

We left just before 10 and stopped at Starbucks for Scott.

We drove to Epcot.

7B2FB6A1-768D-4614-91C4-C64F20A6A844.jpeg

We used our fast pass at Soarin.  I like the new version where you soar around the world.  The original one where you soared over California was good too, but it’s nice to see them make updates.

We went to Journey into Imagination with Figment and this was the first time I ever saw a line for this attraction.  The wait was about 15 minutes so not bad, but usually this is a walk on.

Scott humors me by letting me take random pictures of him and putting items in his hands or on his head to pose with.

B95D0799-61AF-4DE3-AE23-C75977FAF678.jpeg

A2AD5C27-D69A-4EA6-835C-ACF87213FEFA.jpeg

We walked through Mousegear since I wanted to find a cute Halloween shirt I saw someone wearing but they didn’t have it.

We took one of the boats across world showcase.  Normally we just walk but it was there so we figured let’s jump on and we’ll walk from the other side.

We stopped in America to try some of the food and wine festival offerings.  We tried the lobster roll, brisket slider and carrot cake.  We shared everything.  Scott like the lobster roll and I didn’t.  I liked the brisket and Scott didn’t.  So we each ate the one we liked.  Neither of us were crazy about the carrot cake so that was tossed after a few bites.

366F6B2F-FE13-4513-B2B4-43BFDAD2D613.jpeg

81E1EB82-B7B6-45DC-B0FD-108EDA30651B.jpeg

3B22EB5C-AEE2-41F8-B49B-22C4F3BC2A29.jpeg

We continued to walk around World Showcase.  It was hot out and the park was crowded.

795503B3-CB93-4B8F-8258-9AF6CE1D02DD.jpeg

25534A3A-039C-4D11-8D4F-92A4857E0C51.jpeg

The photographers were taking pictures so we got one.  This is another picture from the app.

92F47AA2-0979-4BA8-81CC-853EFF95FEF9.jpeg

Edited by Noreen411

Sunday 10/6/19 - Continued

We decided to leave the park and go swimming.  When we got off the tram to the parking lot Scott wanted to be sweet and run up the row to the truck and start the air conditioning to cool it off.  Remember his truck is pretty new.  I wasn’t far behind him and as I opened the door to climb in, he thought he was turning the air up higher, but the air conditioning thing is right near the gear thing and the car started moving and the bottom of the door banged into my knee.  I jumped in the truck and we headed out and didn’t think about my banged knee again (for now).

Back at Vistana Villages we changed into our bathing suits and went to the pool.  We met a nice couple from Canada and ended up hanging out with them for a few hours.  

We left when it was time for us to go shower and change for dinner.

Once we were ready we headed to Disney’s Yacht Club for dinner at Yachtsman’s Steakhouse.  We have never been here before.  We have made reservations in the past but always ended up cancelling them.

The little parking area was full with construction going on.  We ended up parking closer to the Beach Club side.  We should have just valet parked.

0F1F9B47-3CA7-4982-A63E-4B5CE37A1C1C.jpeg

I had a blue glowtini which was really good and a Sprite.  Scott had a Bourbon and a Coke.  When the waitress brought my glowtini, the table near us saw it and a few of them ordered it too.

2593106E-0F17-4EDF-8072-35ABBE868314.jpeg

The waitress brought out a basket of bread.  It was served with butter and roasted garlic.  The garlic was a piece of roasted garlic so it was soft to spread.  The onion rolls were really good.  I didn’t like the roasted garlic but the butter was fine.

4A02E842-A07D-4ED5-8F99-D5AF4A0509D2.jpeg

For our appetizer we shared the ahi tuna.  This was the best ahi we have had in a very long time.  It was super fresh tasting.

9EC5CDC3-3BEC-48C6-A9A7-BE67D1E3A382.jpeg

For dinner we ordered the dry aged porterhouse for two.  It came with bone marrow which the waitress told us is very popular.  For our sides we ordered mac and cheese and the duck fat potatoes.  The steak was delicious.  Neither of us were crazy about the sides.  We weren’t crazy about the bone marrow either.

DD74DF82-33B4-439F-BB49-6B61B18615B0.jpeg

F236173D-0FBB-46A2-965B-9A435242A878.jpeg

4DBC233B-02DA-4CD7-A370-B98D65A17E01.jpeg

We couldn’t finish the food; there was way too much.  We brought back leftovers which Scott figured would be a great midnight snack.

For dessert we shared the banana bread pudding.  I liked this more than Scott did.  Scott also had espresso.

12975905-7652-49D1-8647-E9A7C8B83A6A.jpeg

AD7A778F-734E-4D4D-BDDF-7BC95480BD84.jpeg

Other than the side dishes, which were OK, everything else was fantastic.  The service was very professional but friendly.  We will definitely be back here again.

Scott’s pulled muscle was bothering him so we went back to the villa.

Scott hooked up some wires to the TV from the laptop and we watched The Good Witch (our new Netflix binge watch show).

We texted with our friend Jay to see if he wants to meet up while we’re in Florida.  Jay moved to Florida a few years ago.   Unfortunately he has a sinus infection so we probably won’t see him this trip.

We fell asleep pretty early.

Edited by Noreen411

49 minutes ago, Noreen411 said:

Attached is a picture of the new clothes rack that we brought with us on the trip.  It folds flat and is great for hanging those things you don’t want to put in the dryer.  I used to just use the hangers in the closet or hang things on the patio or hang things over chairs, but then you have clothes drying all over the place.

Thanks.  I thought it was something different.  I have one of these at home but it is too big to travel with.

Waiting to hear how your knee is.

1 minute ago, breezy_carol said:

Thanks.  I thought it was something different.  I have one of these at home but it is too big to travel with.

Waiting to hear how your knee is.

If you are flying - I wouldn’t bring it, it’s definitely too big for that.  But since we drove, we had plenty of space for it folded flat.

Monday 10/7/19

I went to the gym about 6:30.  Scott slept a bit later.

When I got back, we did our normal routine of jacuzzi, laundry, shower, and get dressed.   We had cheerios and fruit for breakfast.

We left for the Magic Kingdom.  It was jam packed.  There were lines to get on the monorail from the TTC.  They ended up adding busses to get people to the Magic Kingdom.

We took the monorail to Epcot instead.  We picked up our annual pass holder magnet.

The single rider line for test track said 20 minutes so we got in line.  We ended up one car apart from each other.  It took just over 20 minutes.  The single rider line is a great idea.

We saw the Donut Box (I think it’s a food and wine festival booth; not sure if it’s permanent) when we exited Test Track.  We tried the strawberry dusted donut holes.   It came with 4 of them.  Unfortunately, they tasted like stale munchkins.  We each ate one and gave the other two away to a lady who was looking at the menu.

FF9C9864-2532-48E4-80EF-EB6FE778875B.jpeg

We left Epcot, took the monorail to the TTC, then the monorail to Magic Kingdom.  We were hoping the initial crowds have spread out by now.

We used our fast pass at Buzz Lightyear.

C3A98651-0176-4C13-8212-5FD415321664.jpeg

Right after that was time for our fast pass at Space Mountain.

Carousel of Progress didn’t have a wait so we went there.  I always like this attraction.

We walked to FantasyLand to use our fast pass at Small World.

EA86200A-B0D0-4BB0-A474-17680EECFB13.jpeg

It’s very crowded in the park.

We browsed through the shops on Main Street then headed out.

We drove over to Disney Springs.

3C27D341-E8D6-44A7-B31B-98514D0CA86E.jpeg

Our first stop was World of Disney.  I still didn’t have any luck finding the cute pumpkin shirt I wanted.  We did find a cute Disney throw blanket.

In the Christmas store we bought two ornaments that say 2019 and Mickey lights for our corner tree.   We put up more than one Christmas tree and one of them (the corner one) we always decorate with Mickey shaped balls.

In the pet shop we found a cute Minnie Mouse bed for the cats.

8CD41173-7637-4B0E-82EB-63E248D3E22C.jpeg

Edited by Noreen411

Monday 10/7/19 - Continued

We were hungry so tried our luck going to Homecoming as a walk in.  It was early and we were seated right away.

9894A62E-C5B9-47FD-B6F8-5DE33A3D4F9B.jpeg

I tried the Iced Tea Moonshine.  I was very surprised that I liked it.  I ordered the regular size glass but they also sold it in these huge sippy cut type things.  That would be way too much for me.  I’m a lightweight when it comes to drinking.  I also had a Sprite.

36F1897E-141C-4032-A684-09BDDACA775A.jpeg

Scott had a bourbon flight.  He asked the waiter to pick his favorites since you had to choose a few.  He ended up liking the Stolen X Rock and Rye best so ordered a glass of that also.  With his flight was a little shot glass filled with candied pecans. These were really good.  The waiter said they sell them so we ordered a pack to go.

65F438DF-9D73-4616-88E8-DE2D66C6D434.jpeg

We shared the chicken biscuit appetizer.  It comes with 3 of them.  We each ate one.  The guy at the next table commented when they came out that it looked good and had him rethinking his burger.  We gave him the extra biscuit.

2745ED68-9B4B-45E4-B170-D0E8FA9ED476.jpeg

We shared the short rib dinner.  It was really nice how they split the plates for us.

4D1AA97B-A8CC-4EE3-B3BC-82D5B66D2B31.jpeg

We also ordered the corn pudding.

7B177A5D-E8F9-4651-BEC9-C1793145A66A.jpeg

We really enjoyed our meal at Homecoming.

We were too full for dessert but stopped at Amorettes for a box of macaroons and a cute individual cheesecake to go.

9CAE8645-C97D-45A0-A83B-F07186C46191.jpeg

87C08740-1A28-4C5F-821E-F989A13FDC8E.jpeg

When we got back to the truck Scott wanted to get the brownie dessert he saw on the menu at Saltgrass the other day.  We can put the cheesecake and macaroons in the fridge and they’ll be fine to eat another day.

We headed to Saltgrass Steakhouse.  We brought in our little bag from Amorettes so it wouldn’t sit in the hot car.

B795A404-8ED5-4765-B7CD-41998EAF4159.jpeg

Scott had a Grand Marnier and a coffee.  I had Sprite.  We shared the Brownie Cookie skillet.  It was OK.

D849C9CE-59AE-476D-A804-255749531460.jpeg

We went back to Vistana Villages, showered,  put on our pajamas and watched the Good Witch.

Remember we ignored my knee after the car door hit it?  It’s now swollen and purple.

Edited by Noreen411

On 12/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, Noreen411 said:

Hi.  

I want to hear all about it.  I don’t know how old your children are (if you are traveling with children) but if there is a single rider line it could be a huge time saver.  We have used it often at Test Track and normally end up a row or a car apart.  We even did single rider when we were with my niece when she was around 7 or so and did it.  

People often say they need a vacation from their vacation when they go to Disney.

I thought I'd come back and provide my experience on a 3-day Mariner cruise in the middle of our Disney vacation.  In short, it was PERFECT and well needed.  And, as expected, a little too short for my liking.  

We had originally planned to take Disney Magic Express to the airport to pick up a rental car from Avis.  It was cheaper to rent a car than any of the shuttle options.  We decided we were over busses at that point and didn't want to waste time waiting so we made a decision the morning of ship embarkation to instead just get an uber to the airport.  It worked out well and was around $35, I think.  They dropped us off in the car rental garage so easy peasy on that front.

On that note, we also had planned to return the car to the airport the day we returned, then take Disney Magical Express back to our resort.  That plan also changed as we had decided we needed to go to 3 parks on Monday.  It made more sense to go ahead and keep the car so we could easily drive between Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom (and back to HS that evening) without having to return to the hotel to catch the other busses.  The nice thing is that you pay for parking at the resort and then it includes any parking fees at the park.  If we had several days left, I would have kept with the original plan, but we only had 2 nights left so it wasn't that much extra and made logistics simple.

As for the cruise, I was shocked at how simple it was to board the ship in Port Canaveral.  We had our photos pre-loaded and were checked in.  We never went to a desk!  The lady checking our stuff did retake my picture-i guess my professional head shot didn't look enough like me that morning.  lol.  

We didn't do much at all on the ship other than relax.  I never made it to any shows or any street parties.  I spent most time on deck.  The weather was perfect.  Coco Cay was wonderful!  I wasn't sure how I would like the improvements as I really enjoyed the unspoiled paradise that it was prior.  And it's been years since I've been to Coco Cay.  I think 9 or 10 years!  But I was surprised and had a great time.  There are still plenty places to go to be out of the crowds and that was appreciated. There were 2 ships at the island  (Navigator and Mariner) so I was worried, but my worries were quickly alleviated.  

Leaving the ship was even easier than boarding.  I love the facial recognition.  I can't wait until all ports and cruise lines have this functionality!  We walked straight out with no lines (we did self disembark with our luggage in tow) and walked straight on to the waiting rental car shuttle.  

When we go back to Disney in the future, I think I'll do a cruise in the middle again.  It really helped relieve our worn out feet and rejuvenated my spirits to tackle another few full days in the parks.

1 hour ago, reney313 said:

I thought I'd come back and provide my experience on a 3-day Mariner cruise in the middle of our Disney vacation.  In short, it was PERFECT and well needed.  And, as expected, a little too short for my liking.  

We had originally planned to take Disney Magic Express to the airport to pick up a rental car from Avis.  It was cheaper to rent a car than any of the shuttle options.  We decided we were over busses at that point and didn't want to waste time waiting so we made a decision the morning of ship embarkation to instead just get an uber to the airport.  It worked out well and was around $35, I think.  They dropped us off in the car rental garage so easy peasy on that front.

On that note, we also had planned to return the car to the airport the day we returned, then take Disney Magical Express back to our resort.  That plan also changed as we had decided we needed to go to 3 parks on Monday.  It made more sense to go ahead and keep the car so we could easily drive between Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom (and back to HS that evening) without having to return to the hotel to catch the other busses.  The nice thing is that you pay for parking at the resort and then it includes any parking fees at the park.  If we had several days left, I would have kept with the original plan, but we only had 2 nights left so it wasn't that much extra and made logistics simple.

As for the cruise, I was shocked at how simple it was to board the ship in Port Canaveral.  We had our photos pre-loaded and were checked in.  We never went to a desk!  The lady checking our stuff did retake my picture-i guess my professional head shot didn't look enough like me that morning.  lol.  

We didn't do much at all on the ship other than relax.  I never made it to any shows or any street parties.  I spent most time on deck.  The weather was perfect.  Coco Cay was wonderful!  I wasn't sure how I would like the improvements as I really enjoyed the unspoiled paradise that it was prior.  And it's been years since I've been to Coco Cay.  I think 9 or 10 years!  But I was surprised and had a great time.  There are still plenty places to go to be out of the crowds and that was appreciated. There were 2 ships at the island  (Navigator and Mariner) so I was worried, but my worries were quickly alleviated.  

Leaving the ship was even easier than boarding.  I love the facial recognition.  I can't wait until all ports and cruise lines have this functionality!  We walked straight out with no lines (we did self disembark with our luggage in tow) and walked straight on to the waiting rental car shuttle.  

When we go back to Disney in the future, I think I'll do a cruise in the middle again.  It really helped relieve our worn out feet and rejuvenated my spirits to tackle another few full days in the parks.

Thank you for coming back and sharing your experience.  I’m glad you had a great time.

I prefer having a car at Disney also.  Sometimes it’s quicker/more convenient than waiting for  buses, boats, and monorails.  I know I’m probably in the minority as many prefer to leave the driving to someone else on vacation.

QQ - Were you able to get on Rise of the Resistance?  If so how was it?

Noreen

Edited by Noreen411

44 minutes ago, Noreen411 said:

Thank you for coming back and sharing your experience.  I’m glad you had a great time.

I prefer having a car at Disney also.  Sometimes it’s quicker/more convenient than waiting for  buses, boats, and monorails.  I know I’m probably in the minority as many prefer to leave the driving to someone else on vacation.

QQ - Were you able to get on Rise of the Resistance?  If so how was it?

Noreen

YES! We arrived at 5:45am in order to get a boarding group for ROTR.  It was incredible. Truly the best "ride' I've ever been on.  It is so much more with different experiences throughout.  While we were utterly exhausted that day, it was well worth it!  We are huge Star Wars fans so this trip was all about Batuu!   I did learn more about light sabers than I ever thought possible.  I found myself recognizing the differences in the hilts while watching Rise of Skywalker.  haha.  I would have never guessed that previously!

We were at mgm first day of ROTR. A cluster lol. Got one of last boarding groups after official 8 am opening. Turned out they couldn’t accommodate us that day but we did get free one day Park hoppers. Able to assign to whomever we choose plus an anytime FP the following day. It is am amazing attraction!

haven’t tried villages but have enjoyed sheraton’s other Timeshare, love those huge jetted tubs

we have DVC, I’m at WDW every month or so thanks to cheap flights from PIT woot!  Take GD along a few times per year, all have APHs. Often have added on DCL cruises but it’s gotten crazy expensive.

Trying the mariner in August with her For a 3 day, then VWL.  hoping they have the first Halloween party again that weekend afterwards. For some reason that particular sailing is coming in 40% higher than others that month, probably due to school schedules 

OP enjoyed your Review!  Glad to see That the ship looked in Such great shape. The food pics were quite appetizing!

couple of questions:

Can I guess that dress code in MDR is relaxed?  Had hoped for golf shirt and shorts for the mr at dinner. Sundresses for the gals

did u try the flow rider?  Do you happen to remember the operating hours?  GD enjoyed at Great Wolf but such looong line.  One of the reasons we booked, along with water park on coco cay.  Now, just need to strategize so she can get her board time in lol 

Edited by keishashadow

On 12/29/2019 at 3:26 PM, reney313 said:

YES! We arrived at 5:45am in order to get a boarding group for ROTR.  It was incredible. Truly the best "ride' I've ever been on.  It is so much more with different experiences throughout.  While we were utterly exhausted that day, it was well worth it!  We are huge Star Wars fans so this trip was all about Batuu!   I did learn more about light sabers than I ever thought possible.  I found myself recognizing the differences in the hilts while watching Rise of Skywalker.  haha.  I would have never guessed that previously!

HI.  I’m guessing it was jam packed even at 5:45am.  Scott is a big Star Wars fan.  We’ll have to try to ride during our next Disney trip.  Hopefully the waits won’t be as bad by then.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the attraction.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:34 PM, keishashadow said:

We were at mgm first day of ROTR. A cluster lol. Got one of last boarding groups after official 8 am opening. Turned out they couldn’t accommodate us that day but we did get free one day Park hoppers. Able to assign to whomever we choose plus an anytime FP the following day. It is am amazing attraction!

haven’t tried villages but have enjoyed sheraton’s other Timeshare, love those huge jetted tubs

we have DVC, I’m at WDW every month or so thanks to cheap flights from PIT woot!  Take GD along a few times per year, all have APHs. Often have added on DCL cruises but it’s gotten crazy expensive.

Trying the mariner in August with her For a 3 day, then VWL.  hoping they have the first Halloween party again that weekend afterwards. For some reason that particular sailing is coming in 40% higher than others that month, probably due to school schedules 

OP enjoyed your Review!  Glad to see That the ship looked in Such great shape. The food pics were quite appetizing!

couple of questions:

Can I guess that dress code in MDR is relaxed?  Had hoped for golf shirt and shorts for the mr at dinner. Sundresses for the gals

did u try the flow rider?  Do you happen to remember the operating hours?  GD enjoyed at Great Wolf but such looong line.  One of the reasons we booked, along with water park on coco cay.  Now, just need to strategize so she can get her board time in lol 

Hi.

Glad to hear ROTR is a great attraction.  We won’t wait hours for a ride.  I remember when Flight of Passage first opened and the wait times were ridiculous.  Eventually they die down so hopefully the same will happen with ROTR.

Vistana Villages is smaller than Vistana Resort but we really like the huge 24 hour fitness center.  That’s probably the main reason we will choose it over Vistana Resort sometimes.  The fitness centers at Vistana Resort are very small.  The pool is fun at Vistana Villages - there is a slide on a pirate ship for little kids then a separate water slide for adults (or kids).

Yes the dress code is very relaxed in the MDR.  We’ve noticed that in general on our recent Royal Caribbean sailings.  Your suggestions are more than fine.  You’ll see a wide range of what people wear.  

We didn’t use the flow rider but I checked the compass to see the hours:

Day 1: 12:15-3 / 4:30-7

Day 2: 9-11 / 3-6:30 / 9-9:45

Day 3: 9-11 / 1:30-4 / 4-6:30

Day 4: 9-11 / 2:30-6:30 / 9-9:45

Noreen

Edited by Noreen411

On 12/30/2019 at 7:27 AM, Biker19 said:

Go early in the morning and on port days.

I agree.

When we stayed on the ship the second Coco Cay day and when we were back on the ship early on Nassau day we were able to go on the water slides without a wait.  I’m assuming the flow rider was similar.

Noreen

Edited by Noreen411

1 hour ago, Noreen411 said: I’m assuming the flow rider was similar.
1 hour ago, Noreen411 said:

I’m assuming the flow rider was similar.

Edited 1 hour ago by Noreen411

The Flowrider demographic is a bit different than the slides- much less likely to have a line at the slides. 

The few ships we’ve sailed with FR always seemed to have a line. Not doing Atlantis this trip as paying for all day coco cay WP. Thinking good idea to hit the FR early In Nassau then bop into port for a walk thru of vendors so the kiddo can get a trinket or two 

Tuesday 10/8/19

Scott went to the gym around 4:30am.  I went around 6am.

We did some more laundry then went in the jacuzzi, showered, got dressed, and had breakfast.

We left for Animal Kingdom.  There is construction at the entrance here too.  Each park had construction. I know it is all for a better future, but it does take away some of the magic.

We were in the park a little before 10.

AEDE7191-A2C4-414D-880E-E13E45E730CC.jpeg

We went on Tough to be a Bug with maybe a 5 minute wait.

We headed over to Dinosaur to use our fast passes but the ride is down.

Scott did the single rider line at Expedition Everest.

We saw the Nemo show at 12.  This is always cute.

We went back to Dinoland and played some of the carnival games.

35261882-10A0-46FA-9DDA-AD4F4F2B6850.jpeg

I won a big purple snake.  I never win anything so that was exciting.

995944AD-4EC8-4EE1-963F-1D4B88580291.jpeg

B4A72E89-B0F8-4982-9190-030257DC8C82.jpeg

Scott won two small dinosaurs.

7A14111A-6928-4064-B959-5F3BA3D2F7A2.jpeg

1BE9EE97-FD30-4103-90B5-7BA9B80BBB2F.jpeg

The Dinosaur ride was back up so we went on, with me stopping to pose with my big snake again.

B0067D6A-C25F-4965-9CDD-7F6E62645664.jpeg

AA2E4EAF-A381-4777-B125-341429354DE6.jpeg

We walked over to the Pandora section to use our fast pass for the Navi River Journey.

The wait for Flight of Passage was 3 hours so we skipped it.  We have been on it before.

2CADC4DC-7847-48CD-A715-1B00BD737573.jpeg

D13FED69-54EF-488D-BDCF-177A3F1C92BF.jpeg

D633C889-753D-442C-A4EF-9F9E8A256309.jpeg

In one of the stores I saw a cute Starbucks cold beverage cup with all 4 park logos on it so we bought one.

72459CB5-D806-4576-8715-1E4ED2FAEFA7.jpeg

D787DCBD-A509-4420-AC8F-1E46FAB65985.jpeg

We left the park and headed to Epcot.

We picked up our annual pass coasters.

We went on Spaceship Earth which had a 30 minute wait listed.  It wasn’t quite that long.

We bought a cute Figment ornament.

We walked around the park a bit.

Edited by Noreen411

Tuesday 10/8/19 - Continued

We left the park and drove over to Wilderness Lodge.

We changed in the bathroom.  We each brought a change of clothes and Clinique face/body wipes since we knew we would be sweaty and didn’t know if we would have time to go back and shower before heading to dinner.  While not as good as a shower, we definitely felt cleaner and a little refreshed.

We had drinks at the Territory lounge; they were very strong.  I tried “the neighborhood” and Scott had the “first timer”.  We met a very nice couple and chatted with them at the bar for a while.

3015718C-932E-4E8C-AE2A-A0C5371F4A87.jpeg

We had an early dinner at 4:30 (the only time I was able to get) at Artist Point for the new character meal.

We were seated right on time.  I had Sprite and Scott had Coke.

E2DF9F20-BDB2-41B8-9670-4A4512D6CBB8.jpeg

Shared appetizers were brought out and put on the lazy Susan’s that look like tree leaves.

A025B327-4568-4851-9B40-84389BD99F20.jpeg

There was mushroom soup, terrine (a pate), and shrimp cocktail.  We weren’t thrilled with any of the appetizers, except the shrimp cocktail.  Also, why soup when it’s almost 100 degrees out?  I can see soup when it’s colder out.

DD6A0529-A03B-44AD-BB42-1F79E42721E6.jpeg

FC149A9B-25EC-44D9-B5CD-4018B22F364D.jpeg

E99316CC-6F97-4750-B359-A00F9788DC79.jpeg

The characters starting coming around to visit.

3F14E6BD-F0CC-4D35-A125-3812776B766D.jpeg

After a disappointing start with the appetizers, were were pleasantly surprised that the entrees were really good.  I had the prime rib.  Scott had the pork shank.

8CD423BD-B2BC-46D1-AA2F-8A0EBEAF1712.jpeg

EBF903C1-2CE2-47D2-BFBA-5B77C2A9EEFC.jpeg

Snow White, Dopey, and Grumpy came around for pictures.

E65D0E00-1FD8-4B54-918F-69B18F32D670.jpeg

DB6C0233-E259-4019-882E-9A85D556AC87.jpeg

6B7D311B-5C05-4EFD-B049-10AC3A79C10D.jpeg

01BDD63B-2538-4741-948C-BCAFD0AC0B88.jpeg

The waiter brought out desserts to share and they were placed on the lazy Susan.   Well not really to share since there were two of each.  Of the various desserts we both liked the miners treasure (the tall multicolored one) the best.  The little candy apples were good but very rich.  The little pie was very tart.

5BA5F530-F83F-48C0-93F3-E3537F47A011.jpeg

The waiter also brought out a box with smoke and when opened it had caramel corn and red chocolate hearts.

14A3132C-6960-4770-851C-AEA0A7DE815A.jpeg

When you pay they give you an invitation to take your picture with the evil queen.

F1EDE6D0-CE03-4B5A-BA55-7BCF4BFB9A6B.jpeg

The whole dinner felt a bit rushed, but I guess they need to get people out so the next batch cane come in.  We enjoyed the dinner.  It was fun.  The food was good (other than the appetizers).  

On the way back we stopped at Publix for another case of water, yogurt, and iced tea.

When we got back to Vistana Villages, we started another load of laundry, showered, and watched the Good Witch.

We fell asleep early. 

Edited by Noreen411

3 hours ago, tampadee said:

Question about your suite on Mariner.  Were you supplied with a coffee maker & coffee?

Hi.  Yes there was a coffee maker and I am pretty sure coffee and things like sugar.  I think a tea pot too.  We didn’t use it so didn’t pay that much attention just pushed it towards the end of the counter.

I went back to my pictures and found one that you can see it a little better.

528DACE6-FE8B-4E6E-8C91-7CA8EC4289FE.jpeg

Edited by Noreen411