BirdTravels on the Inaugural Voyage of the Encore to the Eastern Caribbean

BirdTravels

22 minutes ago, ohiocruisemom said:

On the Dec 1st sailing, just checked our docs and they say Terminal B.  We are in Haven on 17, that looks to be like what they have on the boards you show. Hopefully it is correct!

There was a Haven booth at Terminal B only. Should be correct. 

The terminal area is very congested with the Encore dropping off and picking up 4500 passengers and the Oasis dropping off and picking up 6000 passengers next to each other. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Don’t count on it for future cruises (I.e., leftovers from the VIP cruises), but the seafood buffet had lobster claws and crab claws which were a big hit. 

AEE5E2DB-4F06-4F31-9CD6-CD89EF6780B6.jpeg

If they could save about 1,000 of each for the December 1st sailing, that'd be great...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Joeghartman said:

Loving the review. I didn’t do the laser tag on the Bliss, but this course looks much better. How are the go karts? They really exceeded my expectations. They were perfect for Alaska. The track on the Encore looks awesome.

The track is longer and wider. Have not gone yet. We drove on the Joy a couple of months ago. That was NCL’s first attempt at go karts. Lots of tight turns that kept you from building up speed. The Encore has some wide turns. Should be faster. 

• Like 2

Let’s face it, cruising is hard work with the family. Need some Mommy and Daddy time without the kids?  The Splash Academy is what you need!  

Always register as soon as you embark. And get your kids there on the first day to make friends. 

DF3727DA-5458-4AD4-B102-4987DAE3E84A.jpeg

E33FA4F5-183F-4058-8E6E-5FC966530DA1.jpeg

C84F1708-0985-4E84-BBC5-6742FC845541.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The pool deck is busy. If you want a seat in the sun, they are available. If you want a seat in the safe, they are available. If you want to be outside, you can be outside. 

21C1C469-A544-48D5-9ECB-0445B69DA6B1.jpeg

2DC3C360-7AC7-42FD-8A7B-07D6A8A2EA4C.jpeg

Thanks again for providing both pics and commentary to your review.

Please continue to update us on how crowded the pool deck (16) and the deck overlooking the pool (17) gets on sea days.

I'm beginning to get cautiously optimistic that my group (only 3 of us) will not have any big problems lounging up on deck 17 on sea days, as we're accustomed to doing on all of our cruises. Like many on these forums, I was worried about how things would work out with Spice and the free sundeck space on 19 being eliminated. I'm an early riser who goes to the gym when it opens and is usually up on deck by around 7:30am finding my spot for the day, soaking in the whirlpool and deciding when to have my first bloody mary. I've gone back and forth over the past months thinking of attempting to get Vibe passes, but I've definitely decided against it now.

We are unaffected by the crowds on sea days and my wife is a notorious people watcher/listener so she enjoys herself regardless. Lol.

Anyway, thanks again and enjoy yourself.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Don’t miss Choir of Man. Even if you have seen it on other ships like the Escape, this is an all new production using a two-story set with a live band. And don’t forget to show up early and have a pint of beer with the cast members on stage.

5F45DE55-4865-48E2-9B0B-5F0A1CFFE413.jpeg

C1AAC898-A4EC-4AF4-BA26-55B0AA657E14.jpeg

F6C47D4E-B851-4457-ADE6-C537487F2C6E.jpeg

We saw Choir of Man on the Escape in the supper club in July, 2018, and it was the best, most fun show we've seen on a cruise ship.

I knew they changed the set and probably the show for Encore, so we are super excited to see it again in January.

We saw it on my wife's birthday on Escape and she was brought up on stage and serenaded to and so was my niece when they did the Pina Colada song. Great fun and great memories. 

• Like 1