Cruise Critic Community
charlielinda

Waiting for Edge Price Drops

We’ve been lucky enough to be on the Reflection for 20+ days.  That’s the good news ... the bad news in my husband is now intrigued by the Edge.   He rarely suggests something he’d like to try so I’m definitely game.  I’ve never looked into it before because I like my balcony.  

Today I priced an Eastern Caribbean on 1/12 (we will be in Florida so no extra travel costs) for a concierge (same as E2).  Leaving Future Cruises I checked and it seems there are over 50 Concierge Cabins available.  Does that seem possible or am I reading it wrong.  If so I’m thinking I’ll wait for the prices to drop even more because it’s not something I have to do.  Thoughts.  

Keep waiting and don’t hold your breath. 

We sailed on the Edge in Mar.  We were fortunate enough to book when it rolled out and the price was high but reasonable compared to now.  Within 3 days the prices doubled.   

There were many empty cabins after final payment but the prices never dropped.

We enjoyed the Edge as it had a lot of nice features but will not pay the premium that they are asking.   

Keep checking the prices of the current cruises that are about to sail and you will have the latest info instead of what happened months ago.  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

You missed a big opportunity, the Veterans’ Day Sail.  Cheapest prices we’ve seen.

5 hours ago, charlielinda said:

We’ve been lucky enough to be on the Reflection for 20+ days.  That’s the good news ... the bad news in my husband is now intrigued by the Edge.   He rarely suggests something he’d like to try so I’m definitely game.  I’ve never looked into it before because I like my balcony.  

Today I priced an Eastern Caribbean on 1/12 (we will be in Florida so no extra travel costs) for a concierge (same as E2).  Leaving Future Cruises I checked and it seems there are over 50 Concierge Cabins available.  Does that seem possible or am I reading it wrong.  If so I’m thinking I’ll wait for the prices to drop even more because it’s not something I have to do.  Thoughts.  

I just checked and there are a lot of good cabins left. If it were me, and I lived in FL, I would hold off and see if things drop.

There is a new sale starting 11/26 (Black Friday). I'm not sure if it will give you a better deal.

10 hours ago, Oville said:

You missed a big opportunity, the Veterans’ Day Sail.  Cheapest prices we’ve seen.

Yup. I remember pricing out a 7 day caribbean sailing in an Infinite Veranda room for about $2,200 with all 4 perks plus another $200 OBC.

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

If it were me, and I lived in FL, I would hold off and see if things drop.

That is what I would also do - very expensive for a Caribbean cruise.

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I just checked and there are a lot of good cabins left. If it were me, and I lived in FL, I would hold off and see if things drop.

In a “Florida Residents special” email from Celebrity a few weeks ago I was surprised there were so many Edge sailings listed with most categories available including Sky Suites. Prices were much lower than a year ago.

Keep an eye on the larger TA’s. More reasonable prices are starting to filter in more often. I’ve seen them more often on guarantee rates but the savings can be substantial. During the Veterans Day sale we got an end of March cruise in a C3 with $875 OBC for $2500. That was the best deal I had seen in quite a while that was still outside of final payment. 

18 hours ago, charlielinda said:

Leaving Future Cruises I checked and it seems there are over 50 Concierge Cabins available.  Does that seem possible or am I reading it wrong.  If so I’m thinking I’ll wait for the prices to drop even more because it’s not something I have to do.  Thoughts.  

That is entirely possible. We get alerts all the time that are predominately about Edge and when I check there are always a number of empty staterooms. The biggest reason is that many long-time X cruisers are not interested in Edge. It is a try by X to capture a new demographic that so far has not lived up to the expectations. It has garnered all kinds of critical awards but not the full, sold out ships that X was hoping for. And so far, Apex is selling about the same. 

Before Edge came out we priced the first TA coming back from Europe and the price for a basic verandah was more than $4K. This cruise was recently on the X specials sheet with those same staterooms under $2K. 

I fully admit I have not tried the ship yet but that's because every X cruiser I know personally who sailed on her hasn't been that impressed. Give me the S or M class anytime. 

Jim

Edited by DrKoob